affliction

Jay Ajayi 2018 Outlook

Locked and loaded tonight. Hoping they lean on him with Foles in and a couple of receivers out

Edited by ak427

19/120/2

He has to do well this week. Pretty much every year we see someone on opening day run wild and it can be him. No Wentz and their run game is built to matchup well with a smaller Falcons front 7. If he flops, it's not good. This week is a lined up for him to be successful. 

1 hour ago, LurkingFFPlayer said:

Please let this happen. Starting this guy as my flex. 

If you're starting him, you might as well start him in an RB spot. It's better to save the flex spot for Sunday/Monday in case you have random injuries or suspensions come up between now and Monday you can start either a RB or WR in your flex. Provides more flexibility (pun intended). Just a general tip I've picked up over the years :) 

Edited by NBatum88
mistake word
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, herschel said:

any projections on his performance tonight?  assuming everyone that drafted him is starting him....

Starting him in both leagues I have him in.  

Hoping for 18-20 touches and think something along the lines of this is certainly possible:

17 carries for 85 yards

2 catches for 16 yards

Hopefully they get some possessions around the GL to give him a chance at a short TD run.

Football is here, let's go!!!!

Benching him for Miller and Baldwin. I want to see how healthy he is and what that backfield looks like first.

Starting him in 66% of my leagues! Let's go!

7 minutes ago, atrium said:

Benching him for Miller and Baldwin. I want to see how healthy he is and what that backfield looks like first.

I like Miller this week as well but I wouldn't bench him. I flexed him.

3 hours ago, NBatum88 said:

If you're starting him, you might as well start him in an RB spot. It's better to save the flex spot for Sunday/Monday in case you have random injuries or suspensions come up between now and Monday you can start either a RB or WR in your flex. Provides more flexibility (pun intended). Just a general tip I've picked up over the years :) 

Good pro tip

1 hour ago, NinerLifer said:

Starting him in both leagues I have him in.  

Hoping for 18-20 touches and think something along the lines of this is certainly possible:

17 carries for 85 yards

2 catches for 16 yards

Hopefully they get some possessions around the GL to give him a chance at a short TD run.

Football is here, let's go!!!!

So basically without a TD, he's a poor flex in PPR. 

Starting him in my standard league, benching him in my PPR leagues (watch him get 3 TDs tonight...)

It'll be interesting to see how the workload plays out tonight. I just picked up Clement today due to the injury history with Ajayi and Sproles, but I'd be surprised if CC has the chance to have a great game in Week 1.

I'd be surprised if he gets a large workload.  It is VERY hot in Philly right now.  Add the preseason injury and you might have a 50/35/15 split.

• Thanks 1

Benched him. :( 

Think he's a pretty decent sell-high candidate though. I did not like that timeshare and did not like that he was not in on most if not all goal-line situations. It got a bit cute, but the 2nd half he seemed to gel.

Not sure what to think unless I get some great 2nd round value for him after this week. Thoughts?

Great sell-high candidate.  They're mixing in Sproles and Clement a lot more than we expected.  He's the best RB they have, but based on the Eagles' utilization, he's completely TD-dependent.

looks like a sell high that could blow up in your face.I thought he looked kinda bad overall, but if he keeps getting TDs then he's going to br gold in thjis offense

• Like 1

The timeshare is real, but Ajayi will get 10-15 carries a week and a chance at TDs inside the 5. Sproles is going to frustrate Ajayi owners though, especially at the GL. Sproles is very versatile inside the 5. Clement is the backup and will also see a bunch of carries every week.

Sell, sell, sell.

He will be a dud every week where he doesn't get into the redzone. He obviously isn't scoring 32 TDs.  

They will continue to use all 3 backs. If the game script calls for more passing, Ajayi will vanish.

There will be way too many games where he gives you 12 carries for 45 yards. 

Edited by ajs723

I think he's a buy low because everyone will be focused on the time share.  Bottom line is he'll always get 15ish touches and the offense will only get better.

Just now, Magoo said:

I think he's a buy low because everyone will be focused on the time share.  Bottom line is he'll always get 15ish touches and the offense will only get better.

Zig when they zag huh

He is who I thought he was an rb 2 who is td dependant. I own him sadly in a 14 team 2 qb league where I spent way too much on him as my rb2. Such is life. Thank goodness i spent for gurley as my rb1 in that league.  I am thankful I do not have more ajayi shares