Jetdog16

Russell Wilson 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

People are dropping Russ already? You all are crazy. He's had two very tough road games to start and still put up decent numbers. His schedule opens WAY up and the toughest defense he has to play ROS is the Rams (he will suck in those games as is tradition). When he's not getting murdered by Mack/Von he'll probably start running more too. 

 

I'm honestly shocked he salvaged the Bears game. Just glad he put up his 16 points and got out without injury. Dude is a baller, he's gonna be fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone bailing on Wilson already has obviously never owned him before. Every year right when you drop him, or give him up as a throw in via trade is when he starts his season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having no time to throw and no WRs to throw to is no fun.

 

That is what people don’t get. “Why doesn’t he get rid of it faster?” Probably because no ones open. This teams WRs are absolute bums. A washed up Marshall was second in targets and a ******** blocking TE was third. Lockett is a WR3 on most teams in this league. 

 

Good luck. Wilson will still be solid because he’s Wilson but for him to finish top 5 will have to be a true miracle.

Edited by Gohawks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilson is an incredible talent and baller but he's going to have to be Houdini to carry this team this year.  

 

Even he has his limits behind that swiss cheese offensive line with no weapons to work with.    

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he'll have a hot streak this season but I'm benching him for a matt ryan, fitzpatrick, or tyrod taylor until baldwin comes back. i think mid season is when we'll get the 20 something points from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jetsfan25 said:

I think he'll have a hot streak this season but I'm benching him for a matt ryan, fitzpatrick, or tyrod taylor until baldwin comes back. i think mid season is when we'll get the 20 something points from him.

Tyrod hasn't done any better than Wilson and Fitzmagic is going to wear off sooner or later as it always does. This is very reactionary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Having no time to throw and no WRs to throw to is no fun.

 

That is what people don’t get. “Why doesn’t he get rid of it faster?” Probably because no ones open. This teams WRs are absolute bums. A washed up Marshall was second in targets and a ******** blocking TE was third. Lockett is a WR3 on most teams in this league. 

 

Good luck. Wilson will still be solid because he’s Wilson but for him to finish top 5 will have to be a true miracle.

It is practically the same receiving corps as last year. We said the same thing about him last year and he finished as QB1. 

 

Wilson starts off every single damn year slow as all hell, and seasoned fantasy vets should know this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

It is practically the same receiving corps as last year. We said the same thing about him last year and he finished as QB1. 

 

 

Um no it isn't. 

 

No Jimmy Graham - bye bye 10 TDs

No Paul Richardson - bye bye another 700 yards and 5 TDs with a bit of speed on outside

No Doug Baldwin ( currently ) - bye bye Russ's go to target when the chips fall, sure he should be back but he said at the start of the year his knee won't be healthy this year

No Luke Wilson - Not many yards but 6 TDs the past 2 years 

 

What did they replace those with ? Basically nothing, Will Dissly and BMarsh.  Tyler Lockett still undersized to play on the outside and they have Marshal replacing Baldwin which is a huge downgrade.  So how again is the receiving corp 'practically' the same?

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

Um no it isn't. 

 

No Jimmy Graham - bye bye 10 TDs

No Paul Richardson - bye bye another 700 yards and 5 TDs with a bit of speed on outside

No Doug Baldwin ( currently ) - bye bye Russ's go to target when the chips fall, sure he should be back but he said at the start of the year his knee won't be healthy this year

No Luke Wilson - Not many yards but 6 TDs the past 2 years 

 

What did they replace those with ? Basically nothing, Will Dissly and BMarsh.  Tyler Lockett still undersized to play on the outside and they have Marshal replacing Baldwin which is a huge downgrade.  So how again is the receiving corp 'practically' the same?

Players replace each other, you know. Just because JAG receiver X had 700 yards doesnt meant JAG receiver Y cannot get 700 yards.

 

None of the receivers he had last year were monumentally talented, similar to this year. Baldwin will be back eventually. You make it seem like he is out the entire year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Players replace each other, you know. Just because JAG receiver X had 700 yards doesnt meant JAG receiver Y cannot get 700 yards.

 

None of the receivers he had last year were monumentally talented, similar to this year. Baldwin will be back eventually. You make it seem like he is out the entire year. 

 

Cool so completely change your argument from 'its the same corp' to 'its the same talent'

 

Yeah - ok. We agree to disagree then to your ever changing argument. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

Cool so completely change your argument from 'its the same corp' to 'its the same talent'

 

Yeah - ok. We agree to disagree then to your ever changing argument. 

Okay, the names are different. Talent levels are the same. Congrats on your victory to an argument that means absolutely jack to Wilson's outlook. You sure showed me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oliminator123 said:

Okay, the names are different. Talent levels are the same. Congrats on your victory to an argument that means absolutely jack to Wilson's outlook. You sure showed me. 

 

Dissly is nowhere near the RZ target Graham is.  And none of these guys are Baldwin. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cnewbykkn said:

 

Dissly is nowhere near the RZ target Graham is.  And none of these guys are Baldwin. 

Again, Baldwin will be back. Wilson is historically a slow starter to begin with, year after year. Regardless if Baldwin was there last nights outlook would probably have been identical. 

 

How do we know Dissly isn't the same RZ target Graham is? He has looked pretty good to me through 2 games and he is a rookie. You're making an assumption based off your opinion. While, through 2 games, he has shown to be pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oliminator123 said:

Again, Baldwin will be back. Wilson is historically a slow starter to begin with, year after year. Regardless if Baldwin was there last nights outlook would probably have been identical. 

 

How do we know Dissly isn't the same RZ target Graham is? He has looked pretty good to me through 2 games and he is a rookie. You're making an assumption based off your opinion. While, through 2 games, he has shown to be pretty good.

 

And you are making assumptions as well.  You don't know when Baldwin is back, and pretty good is even a stretch.  He has looked average to me.  Graham was fantastic around the goalline. Also, who's 'just as talented' as PRich on the outside?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cnewbykkn said:

 

And you are making assumptions as well.  You don't know when Baldwin is back, and pretty good is even a stretch.  He has looked average to me.  Graham was fantastic around the goalline. Also, who's 'just as talented' as PRich on the outside?

Lockett...PRich is garbage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cnewbykkn said:

 

And you are making assumptions as well.  You don't know when Baldwin is back, and pretty good is even a stretch.  He has looked average to me.  Graham was fantastic around the goalline. Also, who's 'just as talented' as PRich on the outside?

How is it a stretch? He was the #1 rated TE last week across the NFL, and had a red zone touchdown 2 yards out last night. It is a good thing you're not a talent evaluator for the Seahawks, I guess. 

 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Lockett...PRich is garbage

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Okay, the names are different. Talent levels are the same. Congrats on your victory to an argument that means absolutely jack to Wilson's outlook. You sure showed me. 

 

How does my argument that his pass catchers suck this year compared to years past mean nothing in terms of Wilson's outlook.  To me it means he will have a tougher time reaching his normal expected numbers because his pass catchers cant get open in time before his O-line lets guys through.  That matters - a lot.  

 

You are the one who took the point many people are making here ( which is no slight to Russ Wilson the player, the guy is still a top 10 QB) and twisting it saying the talent on the team is the same even if the names of the players are different. To which I say, no it isn't.  You cannot compare Jimmy Graham to Will Dissly.  Or even Paul Richardson to a now 34 Brandon Marshal.  Or a healthy Doug Baldwin last year to an injured one this year.

 

This is Wilson's worst group of pass catchers I have ever seen him play with.  That's a fact.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

How does my argument that his pass catchers suck this year compared to years past mean nothing in terms of Wilson's outlook.  To me it means he will have a tougher time reaching his normal expected numbers because his pass catchers cant get open in time before his O-line lets guys through.  That matters - a lot.  

 

You are the one who took the point many people are making here ( which is no slight to Russ Wilson the player, the guy is still a top 10 QB) and twisting it saying the talent on the team is the same even if the names of the players are different. To which I say, no it isn't.  You cannot compare Jimmy Graham to Will Dissly.  Or even Paul Richardson to a now 34 Brandon Marshal.  Or a healthy Doug Baldwin last year to an injured one this year.

 

This is Wilson's worst group of pass catchers I have ever seen him play with.  That's a fact.  

Richardson and Lockett are interchangeable.

Baldwin did not even have a monumental year last year, so I don't see how this matters. He is going to be back.

Dissly has looked the part so far. I don't know how you can dispute this. Read my post above in reference to cnewbykkn.

 

And by the way, his O line was an issue last year, too, and the year before. But guess what? Every year he pulls something out of nothing. He was the QB1 last year with the same garbage offensive line and similar talent level in the receiving core. Last I checked he put up decent point totals week 1 and 2 despite playing two of the better defenses in the league (one can argue two top 10 defenses, maybe top 5).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oliminator123 said:

Richardson and Lockett are interchangeable.

Baldwin did not even have a monumental year last year, so I don't see how this matters. He is going to be back.

Dissly has looked the part so far. I don't know how you can dispute this. Read my post above in reference to cnewbykkn.

 

And by the way, his O line was an issue last year, too, and the year before. But guess what? Every year he pulls something out of nothing. He was the QB1 last year with the same garbage offensive line and similar talent level in the receiving core. Last I checked he put up decent point totals week 1 and 2 despite playing two of the better defenses in the league (one can argue two top 10 defenses, maybe top 5).

 

6 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

( which is no slight to Russ Wilson the player, the guy is still a top 10 QB) 

 

No one is saying Wilson is trash fantasy QB and won't finish top ten.  People ( myself included) are just making the point that this year COULD be a rough one for him to make those normal final numbers due to these factors we have clearly presented.  Wilson always manages to get his numbers, but damn, if he had decent offensive weapons around him it wouldn't be such a slog to get there.  Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, if Wilson has to gut his way to get measly 250 and 2 each week then he will NOT finish as a top 5 QB like he did last year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

 

No one is saying Wilson is trash fantasy QB and won't finish top ten.  People ( myself included) are just making the point that this year COULD be a rough one for him to make those normal final numbers due to these factors we have clearly presented.  Wilson always manages to get his numbers, but damn, if he had decent offensive weapons around him it wouldn't be such a slog to get there.  Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, if Wilson has to gut his way to get measly 250 and 2 each week then he will NOT finish as a top 5 QB like he did last year.  

For what it's worth, he is actually off to a better start this year than last year. 

 

He has 5 TD's through 2 games this year. 

Last year he had 1 TD through 2 games. 

 

It is a struggle, I agree, but he always seems to make something out of nothing. Dudes a magician that way. Will he finish #1 overall again? I doubt it. But he will likely end top 5, and with the awful defense (even worse than last year) his offense will need to score points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...