Rolling Thunder

A.J. Green 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

They aren't a contender - playoffs or not - so I don't know how much this goes into the thinking of the Bengals' front office.  This organization seems to care little about winning.  They probably would rather just have a healthy Green going into 2019 to sell season tickets rather than risk pushing him just to give Dalton a chance to lose another first-round playoff game.

yepp see ref: Marvin Lewis

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

They aren't a contender - playoffs or not - so I don't know how much this goes into the thinking of the Bengals' front office.  This organization seems to care little about winning.  They probably would rather just have a healthy Green going into 2019 to sell season tickets rather than risk pushing him just to give Dalton a chance to lose another first-round playoff game.

Teams (and front offices) don’t actually have this mentality, especially when they are 5-3 and currently hold the 2nd wildcard spot.  Plus, their biggest competition for that spot are the crappy Dolphins and the tanking Ravens.

If AJ was a rookie franchise QB, maybe you err on the side of caution, but he probably only has a few prime years left at most.

When he’s healthy enough to contribute he’ll be back on the field.

43 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Per a SleeperBot alert, supposedly expected to miss at least 2 games before being re-evaluated by doctors.  

It’s not all sunshine and rainbows... Doesn’t sound like he’ll be back anytime soon.  At this point I’ll consider it a win if we have him for Week 13, so we can see him test it out and have him full-go for the playoffs.

Yeah....to me this still doesn't sound great.  There doesn't seem to really be a definitive time table here.  Wait two weeks and then re-evaluate?

I'm still proceeding as though I'm probably not having him for the rest of the season.  If he can make it back by week 13 or 14, that's great.

But no way I'm pinning my hopes on him.  Already made a deal for Hilton to try and take his spot in my lineup.  Not really happy with the Colts schedule but best I could do for now. 

1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

Yeah....to me this still doesn't sound great.  There doesn't seem to really be a definitive time table here.  Wait two weeks and then re-evaluate?

I'm still proceeding as though I'm probably not having him for the rest of the season.  If he can make it back by week 13 or 14, that's great.

But no way I'm pinning my hopes on him.  Already made a deal for Hilton to try and take his spot in my lineup.  Not really happy with the Colts schedule but best I could do for now. 

There's probably a bit of swelling still to the point its hard to know how the foot will react to rehab and rest.  If it reacts positively then the doctors would clear him for practice and usage aka get out of the boot, if the foot does not respond as they hope, the boot will remain on and they probably check back another 2 weeks after. 

4 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

There's probably a bit of swelling still to the point its hard to know how the foot will react to rehab and rest.  If it reacts positively then the doctors would clear him for practice and usage aka get out of the boot, if the foot does not respond as they hope, the boot will remain on and they probably check back another 2 weeks after. 

Pretty sure it's his toe again

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

Pretty sure it's his toe again

Is your toe not part of your foot?

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Maybe he has webbed feet. 

Excellent point that many may have overlooked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am in 5 leagues, this morning 1 trade went down, Boyd for Green and Golladay and in another, Green for Kerryon got accepted last night at midnight

Too good to drop.  I don't like "two weeks and reassess."  I was looking for "return in two weeks."

55 minutes ago, pjbyrne707 said:

big if true 

Wouldn't he have been better of being an olympic swimmer if true?  Much less of beating on his body.

6 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

I think you try to get a valuable asset at this point. I just offered him for golden Tate and John Brown to a contender 

I’m 5-4 where I have AJG and just dealt for Diggs. His value is a little down right now w the rib contusion but better off than a lower body injury imo. Just an idea what one can get for AJ right now. 

Edited by ragrag

6 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

I think you try to get a valuable asset at this point. I just offered him for golden Tate and John Brown to a contender 

did the person take that?

1 minute ago, JetsAwesome said:

did the person take that?

Waiting. He might take it. He’s stacked at wr and could afford to give both those players and he may want to take a chance with a.j green in the play offs

35 minutes ago, ragrag said:

I’m 5-4 where I have AJG and just dealt for Diggs. His value is a little down right now w the rib contusion but better off than a lower body injury imo. Just an idea what one can get for AJ right now. 

You can’t get Diggs for AJ right now in any league unless the Diggs owner is a complete moron.

• Like 3

For those that can hold, he has a dreamy playoff schedule. I am not suggesting you deal him away, but if you are in a must win situation, it may be best. It depends on where you are at. However, look at this playoff slate, @Chargers, vs Raiders, @Browns. 

Everyone relax and lets see what happens. If you make a trade now and news comes out that he should be back week 12.....Than you still have 3 regular season games with him before the playoffs. (my playoffs is 15-16) Im in a tight league sitting 6th and 2 wins away from from first. I am not abandoning this ship until its a for sure out til week 13-14 and then I still will try and fight my way into the playoffs with him waiting in the wings. Trading now could be a huge mistake. You may get more value, but your also risking losing a top wr because you got ants in your pants.

48 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

You can’t get Diggs for AJ right now in any league unless the Diggs owner is a complete moron.

uhhhh, Diggs is hurt as well - sat out his last game - and is on bye this week. 

hell, i'd rather wait out the superior talent in AJ than bank on a (once again) nicked up Diggs. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:
1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

uhhhh, Diggs is hurt as well - sat out his last game - and is on bye this week. 

hell, i'd rather wait out the superior talent in AJ than bank on a (once again) nicked up Diggs. 

Exactly this line of thinking here is what landed me Diggs for AJG and I don't think the GM has to be a moron to make the trade.  I agree w/ both of you that AJG is better than Diggs (assuming both are healthy) but lower body injuries can be tough to work through.  I'm betting that Diggs rib/core issue is minor as he did play through it in the 4th quarter of his week 8 tilt.  Odds are Minny was just giving him an extended rest into the bye to get it sorted out (like LAC did w/ MG).  Anyway, AJG is better but Diggs will play more games down the stretch & that's a factor for a team on the playoff bubble.  If I were 1st or 2nd in the standings I'd hold AJG.    

It really does come down to how badly you need to win right now. I don’t think there is a problem with a team that needs to win the next few weeks to try and get some sort of return for Green.

Him returning in two weeks doesn’t really help a team that needs wins between now and then.

Basically how I’m evaluating my teams with Green and what to do with him.