Rolling Thunder

A.J. Green 2018 Outlook

37 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

think tomorrow's going to be telling.

Eh, I wouldn’t hold your breath. He’ll probably be limited all week and we won’t hear anything concrete until Friday at the earliest.

• Like 3

ESPN's Josina Anderson reported on Sunday that A.J. Green (toe) has a "good chance" to return Week 12 against the Browns.

Green tested out his toe in pregame warmups ahead of last week's Ravens game, suggesting he's getting close. He's missed the past two games, both of which have been Bengals losses. Falling fast, the 5-5 Bengals need Green back ASAP. His presence would be a massive boost to everyone on offense.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HelloPanda said:

Tough to be patient with so many Thursday games.

Are people waiting on Green instead of playing guys like Trequan or Ridley?

This is the exact situation I am in. I have Trequan and Ridley, can't decide to go with one of them or hold out for Green and if he doesn't play I can plug Sutton in for him.  

Same situation. Will keep tabs on TreQuan, if he doesn't go, it makes the decision easier. My only concern is usage in his first game back. I would say he is more a WR2/WR3 just based on risk. If you have a guy you think is a safer play, then i would side with the other player. He does offer upside in a great matchup however. I am personally keeping tabs on Smith, if he is a go, i will likely play him because the scoreboard should get lit up in NOLA. Otherwise, I will hopefully plug in Green, but have a backup plan (mine is Keke Coutee).

6 minutes ago, Unbreakable said:

Same situation. Will keep tabs on TreQuan, if he doesn't go, it makes the decision easier. My only concern is usage in his first game back. I would say he is more a WR2/WR3 just based on risk. If you have a guy you think is a safer play, then i would side with the other player. He does offer upside in a great matchup however. I am personally keeping tabs on Smith, if he is a go, i will likely play him because the scoreboard should get lit up in NOLA. Otherwise, I will hopefully plug in Green, but have a backup plan (mine is Keke Coutee).

Trequan had like 80 total yards combined in the 4 games before last week. Not that I don't love Trequan's upside, but I would MUCH rather wait on AJ Green and then pivot to a Coutee/Sutton who could both easily outperform Trequan/Anthony Miller/Ridley this week anyway. 

• Like 3

But will he just be a decoy, if he’s playing? That’s the question. Him just being on the field will draw coverage, opening the game up for Boyd, Ross, and Mixon. Cutting and running on a jacked up toe, is no fun, and will affect your precision and speed. 

If his toe is dang near 100%, then I’m confident he plays per usual. But if it’s only 75-90%, he might just end up being a decoy mostly. 

So where is he at?

2 hours ago, Raynestorm said:

But will he just be a decoy, if he’s playing? That’s the question. Him just being on the field will draw coverage, opening the game up for Boyd, Ross, and Mixon. Cutting and running on a jacked up toe, is no fun, and will affect your precision and speed. 

If his toe is dang near 100%, then I’m confident he plays per usual. But if it’s only 75-90%, he might just end up being a decoy mostly. 

So where is he at?

I think his owners would be hard pressed to not start him if he’s playing. Decoy or not. 

42 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

I think his owners would be hard pressed to not start him if he’s playing. Decoy or not. 

Need to watch his practice participation leading up to Sunday, but if he practices I think he’ll be more than just a decoy. Last week he didn’t practice and then “tested it in warmups”, so that would’ve been the decoy game IMO.

11 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Need to watch his practice participation leading up to Sunday, but if he practices I think he’ll be more than just a decoy. Last week he didn’t practice and then “tested it in warmups”, so that would’ve been the decoy game IMO.

yea he just needs one or two limited practices to be ready and usable!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Any word if he’s practicing?

Not sure when it was last updated, but the NFL website lists some dude named “Adriel Green” as not participating. Hopefully AJ will get in at least a limited practice tomorrow. ;)

My two alternatives are Baldwin who has now missed two practices and Smith who plays tonight. I hope he practices. 

36 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Nobody practicing on Thanksgiving :ph34r:

AJ could use some meat on his bones anyway.  Hope he goes back for second helpings today.