SpecialFNK

Buy Low/Sell High 2018

17 hours ago, kittenmittons said:

Only if your league rewards good defense.

He's been abysmal so far, hopefully he turns it around. 

16 hours ago, jstep13 said:

Exactly. So then why would someone sell low? Derp. 

Impatience over his slow start. 

I think the buy low opportunity on Goldy is getting real.

Metrics are starting to stabilize -- at ugly levels -- and owners are starting to sweat.

To be sure, I'm not advising you to offer three guys you recently picked up off the waiver wire for Goldschmidt. I'm just saying if you were confident in Goldschmidt, and made a quality offer, you might be able to snag him as the Goldy owner might be inclined to say "F it" and walk away.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Metrics are starting to stabilize -- at ugly levels -- and owners are starting to sweat.

To be sure, I'm not advising you to offer three guys you recently picked up off the waiver wire for Goldschmidt. I'm just saying if you were confident in Goldschmidt, and made a quality offer, you might be able to snag him as the Goldy owner might be inclined to say "F it" and walk away.

Agreed. Especially in keeper leagues.

10 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I tried in 2 leagues but the owners seem to be unwilling to move Goldy. He's still overvalued because most people that have him paid a kings ransom to get him. 

30 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I'm really afraid of Goldschmidt. 

I have exactly 0 shares of Goldy in around 50+ leagues. However, I am putting in lowball offers for him in just about every single one. The best offer I am giving is Corbin for Goldy 1 for 1. Otherwise I am offering guys like Torres + Miguel Cabrera (both bench bats, need to consolidate anyway) or Miles Mikolas 1 for 1, etc. 

My guess is that in a few leagues, these trades will be accepted.

But I don't have much confidence in Goldy based on his metrics. Tread carefully! 

24 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

I have exactly 0 shares of Goldy in around 50+ leagues. However, I am putting in lowball offers for him in just about every single one. The best offer I am giving is Corbin for Goldy 1 for 1. Otherwise I am offering guys like Torres + Miguel Cabrera (both bench bats, need to consolidate anyway) or Miles Mikolas 1 for 1, etc. 

But I don't have much confidence in Goldy based on his metrics. Tread carefully! 

Around 50+ leagues.......dang

30 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

giphy.gif

On 5/6/2018 at 5:20 PM, cdd10 said:

Ride or die with the Scherzinator imo. 

Can't trade the best pitcher in the league right now.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

I sold for Rendon and Buxton in a keeper league. He’s been an average hitter for 500+ at bats. A lot of his value was already tied to his legs and a big guy at 30/31 will not age well in the SB department. Between his declining speed, the humidor/decrease in home park advantage, his peripherals, etc. I thought it was time to get what I could for him. 

• Like 1

Any thoughts in here on buying low on Buxton? I feel like he could be had for just about anything right now in redrafts. 

In dynasties, I have him in one and he's still a firm hold for me (have at $3 in a $285 salary cap)

1 minute ago, dchamps said:

Any thoughts in here on buying low on Buxton? I feel like he could be had for just about anything right now in redrafts. 

In dynasties, I have him in one and he's still a firm hold for me (have at $3 in a $285 salary cap)

Absolutely think he’s a buy low right now in redrafts and keepers. I still think he can go 20/35 this year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tywalson said:

Absolutely think he’s a buy low right now in redrafts and keepers. I still think he can go 20/35 this year.

What kind of avg tho

3 minutes ago, street sharks said:

What kind of avg tho

He could hit .240 with a 20/35 and anyone who has him would be beyond delighted.

I’m buying shark and Bruce despite their warts in 12+...they might be on waivers. Can’t leave 200k and 30+ power on the wire in deep leagues

Buy low Christian Yelich.         

AVG    R       HR        RBI        SB

.287   17        3          14           2

Should be a'lot better. 

Maybe now is the time

Yelich went 14-for-40 (.350) with a home run, two RBI, and 3:8 BB:K over his last 10 games.

Edited by weakkneeswilly

On 5/13/2018 at 8:38 AM, CrypTviLL said:

curious on others thoughts on goldy.  he is either the best buy low target in the league or can be a potential steal for goldy owners who can still cash in on his name value.  

On 5/14/2018 at 7:57 AM, weakkneeswilly said:

Buy low Christian Yelich.         

AVG    R       HR        RBI        SB

.287   17        3          14           2

Should be a'lot better. 

Maybe now is the time

Yelich went 14-for-40 (.350) with a home run, two RBI, and 3:8 BB:K over his last 10 games.

I have zero interest in selling my Yelich.

On 5/13/2018 at 12:54 PM, Dr. Whom said:

I’m buying shark and Bruce despite their warts in 12+...they might be on waivers. Can’t leave 200k and 30+ power on the wire in deep leagues

something is wrong with the shark

Edited by cdd10

1 hour ago, herschel said:

curious on others thoughts on goldy.  he is either the best buy low target in the league or can be a potential steal for goldy owners who can still cash in on his name value.  

Just to show my results..

I sent out about 45 trades for Goldy. Most of these were serious lowballs, but I thought they were in the realm of acceptability given Goldy's terrible plate appearances stretching back to the last month of last year.

Most were like Walker Buehler for Goldy 1:1 or a RP for Goldy 1:1. Out of the 45, I only had 1 guy accept a trade for Belt for Goldy 1:1. 

So, people are still holding Goldy thinking he will be a top player, me thinks. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

I sent out about 45 trades for Goldy. Most of these were serious lowballs, but I thought they were in the realm of acceptability given Goldy's terrible plate appearances stretching back to the last month of last year.

Most were like Walker Buehler for Goldy 1:1 or a RP for Goldy 1:1. Out of the 45, I only had 1 guy accept a trade for Belt for Goldy 1:1. 

thanks....i think just because someone doesnt trade goldy straight up for a rp or a rookie who has made two career starts straight up, doesnt mean they necessarily still think hes a top player, maybe they just think hes better than your average hot ww pick up.....appreciate the info though.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

I think it's a common misconception, those trades that you propped.

You have to pay. You have to shoulder some of the risk.

Sure, I'd like essentially what's a free Goldy too. But why would the Goldy owner accommodate this? Now, if you're willing to assume the risk that Goldy will continue to under perform, I'm sure the owner would gladly listen.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

I wouldn't send these kinda offers to anyone if I wanted to keep their respect. These are seriously 'you are just a random online so I don't give a fk' kinda offers lol

• Like 6

I offered Dozier for Goldy and got rejected, granted Dozier hasn’t been tearing it up but he has some name value and is 2B eligible. Belt for Goldy? That’s ridiculous.

• Like 1