NYR Fan 116894

Brandin Cooks 2018 Outlook

Mcvay.

I believe one of the best offensive minded coaches in lg.

Mcvay WANTED cooks. 

Yes this O goes through gurley.

Journey man woods? More worried about Cooper fill my kupp.

To come & say cooks is gonna be crap like Watkins was last year is ridiculous imo. 

McVay. This is his new toy. 

Aside from gurley, cooks is the other "weapon" on this squad.

Personally, I'm excited to see how MCVAY uses him.

17 hours ago, Big Nate said:

Goff - just don't under throw Cooks, thanks in advance.

Again... Goff has one of the better deep balls in the league...

Just because Sammy Watkins was running the wrong routes/giving up on plays, everyone has this false narrative about Goff's deep ball. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, afl5013 said:

Again... Goff has one of the better deep balls in the league...

Just because Sammy Watkins was running the wrong routes/giving up on plays, everyone has this false narrative about Goff's deep ball. 

This is good to know. I've owned Cooks since he came into the league and know what he is capable of. But I didn't follow Goff too much last year.  Looking forward to some deep long balls for TDs this season.  I was a bit frustrated last year when Brady would underthrow Cooks.

As for what Cooks can do when he's featured:

• Like 1

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

does cooks make woods irrelevant? i don't see this offense supporting Gurley + Cooks + Kupp + Woods 

Gurley/Kupp are the only ones I'm comfortable with 

To be honest we have to see how the chemistry works with Goff and his WRs.  There is concern that he already has worked well with Woods and Kupp but he hasn't had a burner/deep threat like Cooks.  Cooks can also run all the routes on the tree so we will have to see where they line him up.  Could see a lot of 3 WR sets too.

As I mentioned before I do believe in Cooks but how will the targets shake out and who will be featured.  Maybe this ends up being a high powered offense and can support multiple playmakers.

5 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

To be honest we have to see how the chemistry works with Goff and his WRs.  There is concern that he already has worked well with Woods and Kupp but he hasn't had a burner/deep threat like Cooks.  Cooks can also run all the routes on the tree so we will have to see where they line him up.  Could see a lot of 3 WR sets too.

As I mentioned before I do believe in Cooks but how will the targets shake out and who will be featured.  Maybe this ends up being a high powered offense and can support multiple playmakers.

just wondering if cooks, despite being better in real life, will be that much better/more reliable of a fantasy option than Watkins. Coop in the slot, Gurley the centerpiece, Woods the "reliable" WR ... Cooks is going to need to cut into someone's productivity in order to be a WR2 type

Cooks was a nice receiver last year.  He will probably be another nice receiver to add depth to your team.  I like him if the value is right but he is being selected as I am still scooping up RBs.

I snagged cooks in a 12 team PPR1 w/ the 64th overall pick (26th WR off the board).  People are massively sleeping on Cooks this season.

• Like 3

I agree people are sleeping on Cooks. Teams don't hand out 5 year deals to WR's and call them their 1's to throw them 5 passes a game.

1,200 and 8 this year

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, steve9347 said:

I agree people are sleeping on Cooks. Teams don't hand out 5 year deals to WR's and call them their 1's to throw them 5 passes a game.

1,200 and 8 this year

Agree. Got him in the 4th round last night.

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but where will Cooks line up? He won't replace Kupp in the slot, right? I don't know why, but it seems he's more productive in the slot.

20 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but where will Cooks line up? He won't replace Kupp in the slot, right? I don't know why, but it seems he's more productive in the slot.

He's going to line up in the decoy spot

I am seriously considering Cooks now...ugh.  Do we think Cooks has greater fantasy value than ARob and/or Marvin Jones?  Is he in the same tier?  Beyond their tier?  Talk me into this...talk me out of this. 

I saw plenty of Cooks while he was in New England.  But that is a totally different situation (at the same time, perhaps it is not). 

On 8/30/2018 at 11:04 PM, jtbgator said:

I think the slot belongs to Kupp in the RZ. On those 3rd and long, we might see some jet sweeps, slot Cooks, or those more creative plays.

The Rams just do not have a viable TE in those RZ spots like the teams with an elite TE.

Slightly off topic.

I drafted Cooks in rd4 just like yourself, and went all IN with the RAMS this year. Drafted Gurley, Cooks, Kupp, Goff (minus Woods) - crazy YES

Edited by Szer0

57 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

I think the slot belongs to Kupp in the RZ. On those 3rd and long, we might see some jet sweeps, slot Cooks, or those more creative plays.

Jet sweeps! Good call...forgot about those. Take ‘em to the house Cooks!

Surprised there hasn't been any discussion about this guy after last night. He's a talented player, and looked more involved in the offense than Sammy Watkins ever was.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dawgburt2000 said:

Surprised there hasn't been any discussion about this guy after last night. He's a talented player, and looked more involved in the offense than Sammy Watkins ever was.

Set and forget. Nothing to really discuss. Great player on a great team. He’s in for a good season.

• Like 1

He drew 2 long PI calls last night on underthrown deep balls. Goff also threw 2 deep balls to Woods, and both were just off his fingertips, he's not nearly as fast as Cooks. I think they'll realize Cooks is the better beneficiary of deep shots going forward.

1 hour ago, dawgburt2000 said:

It's quiet because the consensus of most of the "RW experts" was that Cooks would be garbage with LAR, and there wasn't enough targets to go around, no more HOF bound QB, etc.  

If the consensus was that Cooks would be "a steal" at his ADP, then this thread would be hopping right now with lots of back-patting.  

3 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

It's quiet because the consensus of most of the "RW experts" was that Cooks would be garbage with LAR, and there wasn't enough targets to go around, no more HOF bound QB, etc.  

If the consensus was that Cooks would be "a steal" at his ADP, then this thread would be hopping right now with lots of back-patting.  

I'm hopping and back patting... But I'm in the minority.

So many people base their decisions on popular talking points. It's like they don't have brains and are unable to form their own opinion.

I didn't listen to any podcasts this year

Relied soley on my own logic / gut.

Brandin Cooks is a low-end WR1 with elite upside.

What a steal.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Resident A-hole said:

He drew 2 long PI calls last night on underthrown deep balls. Goff also threw 2 deep balls to Woods, and both were just off his fingertips, he's not nearly as fast as Cooks. I think they'll realize Cooks is the better beneficiary of deep shots going forward.

Yep on that one long pass I was sure it was going to be Cooks but it was Woods and I was like ??? Uh maybe next time have Cooks run that post corner route.