Rotoworld.com Forums

2018 Rotoworld Mock Real League

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taken out of context, this sounds like backroom chatter on the dark web that should land at least 4 people in jail, 5 if you count me for reading it.   And now it's time for me to come in an

These are the debates I wish this group would have after every pick.  Far more to learn here than dredging through the trash can threads on the regular forum.

how is that parker video more than 15 seconds long?

2 minutes ago, Winky said:

Yes, and there’s that.

Boltup, my assessment of Michel doesn’t require you to get so defensive (cherry picking your response)... I wasn’t calling you out for making a bad pick... I just don’t see it, but wtf do I know... nothing personal.

Not defensive, I’m just arguing back. You stated B.B. isn’t gunna let Brady get blown up by a rookie back and I just countered that by saying Michel was noted as one of the best blockers in this class which would kind of debunk your point against Michel.

When was the last time the Pats drafted a RB this high? For "normal" teams this is relevant but for the Pats, who knows?

It’s the Patriots and Bill. It’s a week to week game plan. Remember Jonas Gray going for 30+ attempts and 200 yards? After that he received double digit carries once. 

Good luck trying to figure that out. I think both have a good reasons to draft them. Both are risky. 

l

1 minute ago, mrblonde1984 said:

And I was considering Benjamin if he made it to me. Snipe-a-thon continues...

haha - great minds ... 

i knew a WR run was coming since my last pick, just happy Benji made it to me. The more I looked into “low end WR2/3/flex” whatevers the more I liked KB 

pretty impressive for playing on 1 leg. 

Coverage doesn’t matter much when you’re 6’5 and have no one else to throw to.

11 minutes ago, DocJ said:

When was the last time the Pats drafted a RB this high? For "normal" teams this is relevant but for the Pats, who knows?

The last back they drafted in the 1st round was Maroney, and even he shared. Traditionally it's been a two back system with a pounder (A.Smith, Dillon, Maroney, BGE, Ridley, Blount) and a sub back (Faulk, Vereen, White).  

They have said they want to be less predictable though, so that's why you saw them bring in guys like Lewis and Burkhead. Players that can catch and also run from the shotgun. Michel fits that mold too. But the common theme has always been shared touches. 

14 minutes ago, Ryan81 said:

It’s the Patriots and Bill. It’s a week to week game plan. Remember Jonas Gray going for 30+ attempts and 200 yards? After that he received double digit carries once. 

Good luck trying to figure that out. I think both have a good reasons to draft them. Both are risky. 

Jonas Gray was also an UDFA and has only played with the Dolphins since, which goes to show what type of talent he is. I’m buying Michel for Dion touches. If he gets that I’m happy. Maybe he puts up Kamara lite number. When you’re on an offense that visits the red zone that much and a team dedicates that much draft capital to you, there’s a lot to get excited about from a Fantasy perspective. 

1 minute ago, boltup15 said:

Jonas Gray was also an UDFA and has only played with the Dolphins since, which goes to show what type of talent he is. I’m buying Michel for Dion touches. If he gets that I’m happy. Maybe he puts up Kamara lite number. When you’re on an offense that visits the red zone that much and a team dedicates that much draft capital to you, there’s a lot to get excited about from a Fantasy perspective. 

I think Michel will be good, I just think it's wrong to forget Burkhead. I'm thinking it'll be a 60/40 split one way or the other. White is mostly a pass-catcher and the two others we haven't mentioned yet are likely battling for one spot and are long shots to be relevant IMO.

1 minute ago, mrblonde1984 said:

I think Michel will be good, I just think it's wrong to forget Burkhead. I'm thinking it'll be a 60/40 split one way or the other. White is mostly a pass-catcher and the two others we haven't mentioned yet are likely battling for one spot and are long shots to be relevant IMO.

Similar to what I expect in Tennessee with the new OC ... you know the one who wanted Dion Lewis ... 

3 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

60/40 split would be perfect. I’m expecting probably around 55% of snaps to Michel and the rest to White/Burkhead and one or two carries to the other guys. 

55 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

These are the debates I wish this group would have after every pick.  Far more to learn here than dredging through the trash can threads on the regular forum.

Agreed. I haven’t been going through the trash can threads in a while. Might have to start some good discussions in this thread later. 

Welp, here’s why I took who I took when I did so far: 

Saquon - he’s special; “generational” if you will and I think he will be going at the top of 2019 drafts. The “dancing” nonsense is a nitpick - he will plow defenders when needed and is an excellent goal line back, on top of being a threat to score every time he touches the ball via a handoff or reception (which he will accumulate plenty of). Shurmur fed Dalvin Cook, despite Murray / McKinnon on the roster, and I don’t expect anything less from Barkley. Barkley’s OC also is the same guy who gave Mccaffrey 80 receptions. 

Short version: he’s an incredible talent that is going to touch the ball a lot in a variety of ways. (He has been getting extensive reps at WR in minicamps by the way ... I expect a lot of receptions)

Evans - threat to score every week and last of the guys I would be comfortable calling a WR1. Wasn’t “thrilled”, but his upside is sky high and he’ll put up 1000+ yards. 

Kelce - wasn’t in love with any RB/WR, gladly took the TE advantage while others in this league will be starting TEs who barely top 500 yards. Watkins/Hill will eat into each other’s  targets, while the middle of the field opens up for Kelce to dominate per usual. (I actually think Watkins ends up the WR to own in KC)

Ingram - took Kelce and crossed my fingers he’d fall to me ... excellent value late 4th round and Payton has already said countless times their RB roles will remain the same. Excellent RB2 once he returns (contract year too I believe). I almost took Ajayi over Kelce, in hindsight I’m glad I went Kelce. No idea who I was taking if Ingram fell - probably Dion Lewis ...

Dion Lewis - excellent Ingram fill in / my flex starter upon Ingram’s return ... absurdly underrated in ppr rankings and an excellent fit in the new offense - no more “exotic smashmouth” nonsense. I like Henry a lot this year and initially planned on drafting/starting both. Oh well, Ingram and Lewis will do just fine.

KB - 6’5, garbage time, force fed targets, redzone threat ... last of the WRs I felt could crack the “WR2” tier; I get to call my WRs “Twin Towers”.

I had no intention of taking a TE early ... but between not loving any RB/WR and realizing the huge gap between the “stud TE” and “low end TE1s”, Kelce had to be the choice. TE in the 3rd round obviously caused a tweak in strategy, but I’m quite happy Ingram, Lewis, and KB fell to me.