1972Miamidolphins

2018 Rotoworld Mock Real League

13 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

My apologies for the rant, I made the mistake of reading fantasy football twitter last night.  They’re insufferable.  

They are pretty bad, but I genuinely did not know I could find snap counts on there; and have always wanted a source to provide that information so my rant on Sony Michel and the Pats ended up resulting in a big win for me!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

@FFCollusion I spent 20 min deciding between Giovani Bernard and Dez and also Dez vs Emmanuel Sanders. I like the pick.

I considered him, I was just a bit concerned he hasn’t signed anywhere and he might hold out until the last minute to pick a team.  

I also looked a few weeks ago and I didn’t see a real natural fit for him. Like an old offensive coordinator where he could go and know the playbook and teminology already and that same team having the cap space to sign him.  

I’ll take Nyheim Hines, RB, Indy. Just reading about him and latest news updates has me excited that he could be big usage for the Colts. 

Mack wasn’t impressive last year and Turbin has shown nothing throughout his career. At minimum, I think he’ll get 3rd down/Sproles role based on the Reich/Pederson offense. 

Theres a few others i considered but he but he has the most upside in my opinion. Especially with Luck’s shoulder. I could see more dump offs or this kid even lining up at WR some. 

@DocJ on the clock 

Edited by Ryan81

8.10 Matt Stafford (DET)

One of the last of the veteran consistent QBs, was sure he wouldn't make it back to me.

Edited by DocJ

It won't let me tag Cyber.

I apologize if I was OTC for awhile - this afternoon was a blur @ work - I have dinner plans in 2 hours but my pick should be up by then ...

re: QBs - love Big Ben this year. Normally I go with the mobile QB (especially in 4 point passing leagues), but I love Ben for this format and especially where I got him. I thought there’d be a bigger QB run since my last pick, so happy to end up with him.

Shout out to DocJ for making my decision easier (Coop Kupp was also in the mix, kinda surprised he went so late. May have taken him if Parker was gone)

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
  • Like 1

I have Big Ben, Rivers and Stafford in probably the tightest cluster of QB ranks in years. In the rest of the top 12 there's more separation.

1 minute ago, DocJ said:

I have Big Ben, Rivers and Stafford in probably the tightest cluster of QB ranks in years. In the rest of the top 12 there's more separation.

Yeah week to week they won’t be much different ... Lions look like they want to be a little more “balanced” but Stafford should still put up numbers

7 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Guarantee you we play the week these 2 hit on deep TDs ... nice job, LOVE Goodwin this year 

Yeah, I just have a feeling that Goodwin is the #1 and Garcon is the #2.  Or at least will be by season's end.

8 minutes ago, ZidaneValor said:

Yeah, I just have a feeling that Goodwin is the #1 and Garcon is the #2.  Or at least will be by season's end.

absolutely. goodwin has developed into a legit starting WR - not just the "burner" he was in Buffalo. Love Goodwin this year. 

It came down to picking 2 of the 3 of Goodwin, Anderson, and Agholor, and I left out Agholor because I felt like he had the biggest chance of regression.  I also feel like Goodwin and Anderson have a much higher chance of being their team's #1 WR.  I just feel like Agholor's 2017 was more fluky than the other two.

Tough for me to gauge the Garcon/Goodwin situation.  Hopefully Garcon comes back healthy.  And Goodwin definitely has age on his side.  But Garcon never played with Jimmy G.  Easy to look like the man when you are the only man.  Goodwin only had more targets once (6-5 in week 2) and never had more receptions than Garcon.  Obviously a different QB there as well.  While I agree that Goodwin definitely has a chance to be the #1 receiver, it is too early for me to say that with any definitive feeling.

Edited by ToO_BaD

21 minutes ago, ZidaneValor said:

It came down to picking 2 of the 3 of Goodwin, Anderson, and Agholor, and I left out Agholor because I felt like he had the biggest chance of regression.  I also feel like Goodwin and Anderson have a much higher chance of being their team's #1 WR.  I just feel like Agholor's 2017 was more fluky than the other two.

It was a good pick, I like Goodwin. I might regret passing on him. 

But last year was basically him playing alongside a bunch of scrubs at WR. Jimmy had nowhere else to go. This year, they have a few more receivers. It's a situation to watch closely.

Since we're drafting in June, i just went with a guy whose role is pretty clearly defined. There is no mystery around agholor, we know he'll play as a slot receiver in one of the league's best offenses.

waste of a pick ... or league winner . Didn’t think he’s make it back to me in between this next wrap around considering how many teams went desperate at RB

D'Onta Foreman, BEST RB, HOU 

@DocJ OTC

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
  • Like 1