Sign in to follow this  
fletch44

Pablo Sandoval 2018 Outlook

OPSing 1.262 to start the year (in 7 PA) and it goes without saying he came into spring training "in the best shape of his life".  Can Pablo hit his way into a corner IF job ? That would be magnificent.

2 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

OPSing 1.262 to start the year (in 7 PA) and it goes without saying he came into spring training "in the best shape of his life".  Can Pablo hit his way into a corner IF job ? That would be magnificent.

For the money they'd be better off with him playing over Longoria.  But Longo has the big contract and isn't going anywhere. 

At the plate he looks like he did back when he was good. 

1 minute ago, 96mnc said:

For the money they'd be better off with him playing over Longoria.  But Longo has the big contract and isn't going anywhere. 

At the plate he looks like he did back when he was good. 

Yeah, there's no realistic way he replaces Longo but an injury at 1B/3B/LF/RF ( slide Belt into OF) and he could be playing every day.

As a Sox fan I am salty from his stint here but I would still get a good chuckle out of seeing him turn things around in SF and become relevant again.

Something to keep in mind is even in his prime he never could hit left handed pitchers.  He would be a strong side platoon.

• Like 1

I scooped him back up in my NL only league for yesterday’s double header. I’m gonna hold onto him as long as he gets a couple of starts a week. Who knows maybe Longo gets hurt. I have nothing to lose

2 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

??

Next Ohtani?

Lets not forget the weapon he can flip it around and throw lefty as well if needed...

He actually doesn't look so bad as of late...and with Longoria on the DL now he's starting for the time being. I'm going to take a flier.

• Like 1