Sign in to follow this  
fawkes_mulder

Dynasty trade — Jacob deGrom for Zack Greinke and Tim Anderson

16 team, Keep 30+15 every year, true dynasty keep 100%. Separate 15 man roster for prospects, so no opportunity cost for minor league ownership.

6x6 with OBP and SLG instead of average. Standard pitching with QS instead of W and k/bb as the 6th cat.

SS is a major need for me. Starting injured chad pinder, waiting for eduardo Escobar to gain SS eligibility, and have suspended Jorge polanco on the bench.

in my farm I have Royce Lewis and carter kieboom. 

My pitching roster is excellent already. But deGrom is ace of staff and I think will be an ace for several more years. Greinke doesn’t have as much time left and of course is a downgrade.

tim Anderson is interesting. He usually walks so little that he is an obp drain but he has exciting power/speed potential and in a small sample has walked some this year. Very small sample though.

Can really use some help.

I wouldn't do that. deGrom will last longer than Greinke and it's way too early to consider this new version of Tim Anderson the one that sticks around. I'll dm mine

5 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

16 team, Keep 30+15 every year, true dynasty keep 100%. Separate 15 man roster for prospects, so no opportunity cost for minor league ownership.

6x6 with OBP and SLG instead of average. Standard pitching with QS instead of W and k/bb as the 6th cat.

SS is a major need for me. Starting injured chad pinder, waiting for eduardo Escobar to gain SS eligibility, and have suspended Jorge polanco on the bench.

in my farm I have Royce Lewis and carter kieboom. 

My pitching roster is excellent already. But deGrom is ace of staff and I think will be an ace for several more years. Greinke doesn’t have as much time left and of course is a downgrade.

tim Anderson is interesting. He usually walks so little that he is an obp drain but he has exciting power/speed potential and in a small sample has walked some this year. Very small sample though.

Can really use some help.

I think I would certainly entertain this offer....Anderson has always possessed a solid power/speed blend that helps in a 5x5 (or 6x6) format, and this years strong start indicates he may be ready to take a step forward.   The maturation of a strong White Sox supporting cast only helps his fantasy prospects moving forward. The opportunity to buy him low may not present itself again if this level of production sustains or improves, although you would still like to see him hit higher in the batting order.  

The fact also remains that Greinke is still close in tier to deGrom, and plays for the better offensive team.  Greinke's recent velocity concerns are over-scrutinized and his last start against Saint Louis was played in extreme cold.  His control looks as good as ever (14/0 K:BB) and I think despite being 34, that he ages gracefully.   If you have an impulsive owner that is ready to pull the plug after one bad start, and you have strong secondary arms, and need a viable SS, then I strongly consider taking this.   

• Like 1

I would also consider this deal seriously. Anderson possesses nice speed/power combo. which is rare nowadays.

Also agree with F@ndemonium about how Greinke will 'age gracefully'. he is an extremely smart pitcher who knows how to face batters.

I say he still has a solid 3~4 years left in his bag until he fades out to the back. 

it's a 50/50, maybe you can ask for an extra reliever or so, if the other owner accepts it, then take it.

help?