cyberer

Franchy Cordero 2018 Outlook

Slumping pretty hard right now, and benched for tonight.

.225/.313/.338 1HR, 8R, 6RBI, 2SB, 36.3%K 11.3BB% in 80PA this month. Yheesh. 

9 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Not rosterable in shallow leagues...

Fixed that for you...

Headed to the DL with a forearm issue. Clock might’ve struck midnight with him. 

16 minutes ago, neljak25 said:

Headed to the DL with a forearm issue. Clock might’ve struck midnight with him. 

Giving up on him already?

4 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Giving up on him already?

No doubt ... he has been horrible. 

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

No doubt ... he has been horrible. 

I'm not giving up on him. I'd rather wait and see what he looks like when he comes off the DL and for the ROS.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

I would try to see how he looks after the DL before just dropping him

It comes down to league dynamics ... DL /bench spots 

drop city 

12 team 3 OF and less it would be hard to justify keeping him. Still screams as the perfect last roster spot lottery ticket compared to like, Trey Mancini or something

Any recent updates on him?  Will he even have a chance to start again in that crowded SD OF?

On 6/12/2018 at 5:27 PM, svdude said:

Any recent updates on him?  Will he even have a chance to start again in that crowded SD OF?

He is beginning a rehab stint in AAA El Paso. I assume this means he will be back up with the club after he plays a couple games there, but they maybe are waiting for him to show production? Not sure how that works for players on the brink of AAA/MLB but sent for rehab in AAA. 

Im interested in seeing what he looks like. I think it’s important for us to remember how dynamic he was there for awhile before his forearm strain. He tried to play through it and went through a brutal stretch. I think it’s worth the wait to see if that was indeed what caused his slump and if he returns to production. Lots of upside but lots of red flags still.

• Like 1

He hasn’t hit a lick in AAA but should be close to activation. Let’s not sleep on him, sounds like the manager still believes...

(from last week)

"[Cordero and Myers] will be given an opportunity to play on a pretty consistent basis, but you also want to make sure they're healthy and that [we aren't] pushing them too fast or too soon," Green said. "We'll have to make some roster decisions, but those decisions will come as those guys get healthy."

So what are we expecting when he does return? He was playing hurt for the last couple of weeks (iirc) before hitting the DL, so I don't know if that is what affected his bat or if pitchers had just figured him out. Through 101 ABs, he had 35 K (which is a ton), but then he had 20 K over his last 38 AB (which is a crapload). Did the Ks spike because he was hurting, or just because pitchers adjusted? Where did the power go after April 28? 

The potential is tantalizing (especially in a keeper league), but he just seems like such a raw athlete. 

SD.svg

Cordero (forearm) was not in the lineup for Triple-A El Paso on Monday, Jeff Sanders of The San Diego Union-Tribune reports.

According to Sanders, Cordero winced after a swing Sunday and was pulled mid at-bat. Cordero has not been pulled off his assignment, but it's uncertain when he may be able to return to action with the affiliate. He had gone hitless with seven strikeouts in 10 at-bats to begin his rehab stint.