cyberer

Franchy Cordero 2018 Outlook

27 minutes ago, coleporter said:

I know this seems like a bench coach question but who has more upside Frenchy or Teoscar Gernandez?

You can probably count the players on 1 hand that have more upside than Franchy

1 hour ago, StarlinCastro said:

I thought you were referencing the xAVG stat calculated by xStats.org.  This must be something different because I am fairly certain that the numbers on XStats are calculated using ExitVelo+LA.  If I may ask, where is the above paragraph from and where do you get your xBA values?

Yeah, I was but I'm pretty sure they are relatively equivalent. xBABIP should be the one primarily driven from statcast data quality of contact, exit velo, GB/FB/LD. I think they use that and factor it in to get the xAVG stat.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as it is an educated guess on my behalf.

Edited by Dirtywater97

Wish this kid would swipe a few bags. CS will hurt his opps going forward. Splitting hairs I know, kid can rake.

Edited by cyberer

Jeez did anyone else see that laser bomb. I’ll post it when I can. Left the park in like 2 seconds prob 450+ too

edit 459 ft 117 mph 24% launch

dude has so much potential. His other two abs have been good as well

Edited by Golden Spikes
  • Thanks 1

Hey make sure you temper expectations in here. He won't hit a HR every day. Just every other day. 

Edited by DannyMcPot
  • Haha 5

I was just coming to ask the Statcast numbers - granted Vargas is basically throwing BP but that was a jack. I didn’t have him in the lineup this week which was a mistake but I bought in on the statcast daya alone. His AVG is starting to come up and K rate beginning to dip. As the only left handed OF they have he is going to see playing time. I love what I see from him. 

3 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Jeez did anyone else see that laser bomb. I’ll post it when I can. Left the park in like 2 seconds prob 450+ too

Honestly his bat speed reminds me of so much Junior. Guys that are just tall lanky guys that generate so much power with the bat speed alone

• Like 1

I think he’s going to get 600 abs. Pirela at 2b solves a lot of of issues and the of defense with Margot and Franchy can be special

• Like 1

If he wasn't going to be a fixture already, Myers left the game with an oblique strain, so this kid should be in the lineup everyday, especially after showing some mashing skills against lefties.

• Like 1

If he tightens up his approach and improves his plate discipline a bit those 70/70 grade tools become much more appealing. Still young so hopefully he starts putting it all together.

• Like 1

Every one of his plate discipline statistics has improved in 2018. Pretty encouraging underlying metrics thus far:

- O Swing down 8.2% to 29.8% (outside the zone swings)

- Z-Swing down 4.7% to 67% (in the zone swings) 

- Thus, swing% down 6.3% to 49.6%

- O-Contact % up 4.5% to 51.3% (outside swings with contact)

- Z-contact % up 11.9% to 80%(!) (in the zone swings with contact)

- Thus, Contact% up 9.9% to 69.2%

- Zone% up 1.3% to 42.5% (pitches in the zone)

- F-Strike% down 18.4% to 48.3% (first strike percentage)

- SwStr% down 7.1% to 14.0%(!) (swinging strike percentage)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Golden,  that might be the furthest lh he I've seen in petco.  Have you seen a deeper one?

That was just a bomb.

59 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Golden,  that might be the furthest lh he I've seen in petco.  Have you seen a deeper one?

That was just a bomb.

not from a lefty for sure, Renfroe hit one up on the top of the western metal building though, not as far probably but the most impressive I have seen

15 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

not from a lefty for sure, Renfroe hit one up on the top of the western metal building though, not as far probably but the most impressive I have seen

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/hunter-renfroe-hits-second-homer-onto-western-metal-supply-building/c-244288360

462, but watch this one also its sick

Adrian hit one 471 according to the record books, longest in Petco history

which is odd, cause Adrian hit alot of bombs, but dont remember any monster jacks

Edited by Golden Spikes

Struuggles a lot vs LHP.  This upcoming week SD will face a lot of LHP so I would keep him on the bench.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/hunter-renfroe-hits-second-homer-onto-western-metal-supply-building/c-244288360

462, but watch this one also its sick

Adrian hit one 471 according to the record books, longest in Petco history

which is odd, cause Adrian hit alot of bombs, but dont remember any monster jacks

I don't remember the Agonz one either. 

I remember the Upton one when he was with Arizona.  That one was equal to the Renfroe one for me. 

Random comment - during BP Matt Duffy, yes Matt Duffy, used to easily go second deck of the WMSB.

4 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Struuggles a lot vs LHP.  This upcoming week SD will face a lot of LHP so I would keep him on the bench.

He's been hitting bombs off LHP this year too (2) and hit them for a higher AVG so far.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

I see that stance and those bombs fly but don’t see a mariners uni. But i still smile out of nostalgia. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Said it before, but that is just easy power.  Looks effortless.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

He's been hitting bombs off LHP this year too (2) and hit them for a higher AVG so far.

That's based off a very small sample and one of those were off Jason Vargas who is terrible.  Not sure who the other one was off.  He faces some tougher lefties this week so we'll see.  Throughot the minor-leagues he struggled vs LHP.

1 hour ago, MrBrown said:

That's based off a very small sample and one of those were off Jason Vargas who is terrible.  Not sure who the other one was off.  He faces some tougher lefties this week so we'll see.  Throughot the minor-leagues he struggled vs LHP.

Jake Mcgee