Sign in to follow this  
Rolling Thunder

Sterling Shepard 2018 Outlook

14 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

I have OBJ.  Is it too much to start Shepard too?

I would. It's all about the points and I can see both of them doing well this week. 

Wouldn't the weather somewhat benefit Shephard in the short game? He's largely a YAC guy. Will keep an eye on it, but think it would hurt ODB more than anyone else.

Shepard will still see targets, especially with Engram out, but I think the weather downgrades all the Giants' receivers. 

Synthetic turf plus a little rain is good for a slot receiver... as long as it isn't too windy.

The wet turf makes it tougher for the coverage to keep up with a good slot receiver that can run various routes.

Well, that was very disappointing last night. Everything aligned for a good performance but what a stinker. 

It will be tough to trust him next week.

Considering how badly Eli sucked last night, he performed admirably IMO.

On 10/12/2018 at 12:24 PM, LongBalls said:

Good match-up next week, but Engram will be back. I'll be looking for an upgrade on the wire.

Is it me or is he ranked way too high this week? In most cases I can find him top-25 against the Falcons. I wonder if it that'll changed once Engram is cleared to play. After watching Eli and the Giants last Thursday I just don't know how someone is willing to risk it with that offense. 

20 hours ago, TomisTerrific said:

Is it me or is he ranked way too high this week? In most cases I can find him top-25 against the Falcons. I wonder if it that'll changed once Engram is cleared to play. After watching Eli and the Giants last Thursday I just don't know how someone is willing to risk it with that offense. 

You cannot get a gauge on if it helps or hurts. Looking at game logs a few games Engram went off last year, Shep was subpar, but a couple games both went off at the same time.

You just start Shep as a WR3 with WR2 upside and cross your fingers Eli is upright by games end

@ATL is very tempting, but after watching Eli last week + the return of Engram, it's tough for me to trust Sterling this week.  I'll be turning to other options.

omg guys.. I was projected to have a 4% of winning entering tonights game.. I had shepard and i went up against sanu, engram, and hooper.. i won by .10 points. crazy!!!

thank you sterling!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2018 at 9:59 AM, JJ1223 said:

@ATL is very tempting, but after watching Eli last week + the return of Engram, it's tough for me to trust Sterling this week.  I'll be turning to other options.

It's a crapshoot out there. Sound reasoning but what can ya do.

2 hours ago, Mikeyvegas said:

It's a crapshoot out there. Sound reasoning but what can ya do.

Can't complain!  Rather have him go off on my bench than on someone else's roster

10 minutes ago, Dawgpound1985 said:

Yes but I’m not thrilled with it. 

I have better options but this is one week I wouldn't mind starting him. Good matchup and I like Monday players.

I think he is a safe play without much boom upside but I have a feeling it's going to be the Barkley/Engram with some sprinkles of OBJ show tonight. 

43 minutes ago, ADDwithFF said:

I think he is a safe play without much boom upside but I have a feeling it's going to be the Barkley/Engram with some sprinkles of OBJ show tonight. 

Why Engram? He's been an afterthought in this offense. Isn't he the 4th option at best behind OBJ, Barkley, and Shepard?

7 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Why Engram? He's been an afterthought in this offense. Isn't he the 4th option at best behind OBJ, Barkley, and Shepard?

Engram was hurt since the knee injury that happened during the week 3 game but is finally back at full strength. Eli isn't taking very many big shots downfield anymore and Engram is a solid short option to move the chains (more so than Shepard IMO). 

Edited by ADDwithFF

I played against a guy who actually started this guy.  Shepard normally is a good player but the Giants are garbage and even rostering the guy is stupid if you ask me.  I NEVER would have dreamed of starting this guy, but my opponent did!  He got him 2 catches for 6 yards, BUT he also had a 26 yard TD run with 23 seconds to go in the game.  This is proof to me that fantasy is LUCK.  I routinely see guys like the opponent I had win games by fluke stuff.  I lost also because my opponent get 47 points from Big Ben.  

I dropped Sterling earlier in the season. He somehow keeps putting up numbers above my expectations with very limited targets. However, IMO his floor is too low to be a starter.