ToO_BaD

4/12 - GAME DAY THREAD

9 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

I'm assuming you'd sit Porcello than?

I mean again I'm saying depending on league context. If I'm in an AL-Only, no. If I'm in a 10 Team league, probably. 

And in general just depends on my alternatives. If I got two aces and have been nailing my pick-ups with like Pivetta and Skaggs and Lopez and Junis and a few others I'd be fine benching. 

In general I would probably refrain from Porcello though against tough line-ups, at least until he's shown a few good starts this season because he was bad last year. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Anyone else start Fulmer? This is saddening. 

Dilly dilly.  At least I've got Lindor going too.  Hope he can settle things down and salvage a QS out of this but not looking good.

Edited by ragrag

Ugh my ratios were so pretty too ><

3 minutes ago, beauso79 said:

I think I'm about done with Wacha 

came in here to say this

damn

Hanley already out - buckle your seatbelts, folks

Fulmer pitched bad, but his defense had a couple misplays. And the BABIP God's weren't in his favor, bunch of balls found the holes.

I get that that pitch wasn't intentional. I'm still blown away that the umpires didn't issue a warning after that HBP after yesterday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taobball said:

I get that that pitch wasn't intentional. I'm still blown away that the umpires didn't issue a warning after that HBP after yesterday. 

ya i kinda agree

boston is gonna retaliate im thinking too.

Just now, jfazz23 said:

ya i kinda agree

boston is gonna retaliate im thinking too.

Well yeah that's the real point. Boston might even know it wasn't intentional.  But after yesterday who knows if they come back or not? That's why you get the official warning out in the first inning so that anyone Bean balling has to take the risk of being pulled immediately

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, taobball said:

Well yeah that's the real point. Boston might even know it wasn't intentional.  But after yesterday who knows if they come back or not? That's why you get the official warning out in the first inning so that anyone Bean balling has to take the risk of being pulled immediately

Then the umpires tend to overreact and throw out any pitcher who hits someone.  Probably would've foolishly threw out Gray.  I've seen it too many times.  But the umpires are just incompetent.  How was Kelly not thrown out immediately after he deliberately plunked Austin?  

Hanley looked like he was thinking of charging the mound but then realized his wrist was ******.

1 minute ago, ZChronicNebula said:

Lindor is aliiiiiiiiiiiiive

In fairness, he's quietly stolen 3 Bases. 

• Like 1

Just now, MrBrown said:

Then the umpires tend to overreact and throw out any pitcher who hits someone.  Probably would've foolishly threw out Gray.  I've seen it too many times.  But the umpires are just incompetent.  How was Kelly not thrown out immediately after he deliberately plunked Austin?  

Hanley looked like he was thinking of charging the mound but then realized his wrist was ******.

It's best to act fairly, but I think it's better to overreact in this situation if the alternative is another escalation. 

1 minute ago, taobball said:

In fairness, he's quietly stolen 3 Bases. 

eh points leagues probz

• Like 1

Looks like Nunez might be going out too. Boston's having some early problems in this one.