ToO_BaD

4/12 - GAME DAY THREAD

I can't remember a single draft over the last three years that LeMahieu didn't end up a bargain for someone. I don't know why, but people don't want to draft the guy where he ought to be drafted. Meanwhile, he's going to have another super solid top-100 year. 

a run or two of support for kennedy would be nice.  have a feeling that will be a recurring them this year....

1 minute ago, sleepysock said:

I can't remember a single draft over the last three years that LeMahieu didn't end up a bargain for someone. I don't know why, but people don't want to draft the guy where he ought to be drafted. Meanwhile, he's going to have another super solid top-100 year. 

People tend to forget that Runs are a category too and just as important as any other category.  Add that to Batting Average in standard category leagues and you have an important component for your team.  You combine someone like LeMahieu with some power hitters and you start to form something called a "team' and the overall build of a team wins championships.

No-no is gone-gone for Porcello.  Double by Judge and single by Stanton.

• Like 1

I don;t know if we will have two more bogus "quality" starts this year than Gioloto's so far. I hope they pull the plug on him so I can try and swap him for anything to someone solely on his name value and those 2 QS

2 minutes ago, loro1991 said:

I don;t know if we will have two more bogus "quality" starts this year than Gioloto's so far. I hope they pull the plug on him so I can try and swap him for anything to someone solely on his name value and those 2 QS

He looked awful in the first 4 IP and good in the last 2. I wouldn't say it's that bogus. If he paid for all his mistakes early on he probably still would have met the threshold for a QS. 

Tropeano has a great line going vs KC. I only saw the bottom of the 6th, but he was in complete control. 

17 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

was drafted 63rd in my points league

1 hour ago, taobball said:

Via Davidson thread: 

First PA: 

Fastball Looking 0-1

Swing and Miss Fastball Mid-High 0-2

Doesn't Chase Curve just off plate 1-2

Check Swing-K on Curve just off plate 1-3

... better luck next time. 

Third PA:

Fastball Looking 0-1

Curve Swingig 0-2

Fastball swinging 0-3

9 pitches. 0-3. 2 K.

Did make contact on a curve at least. 

See guys! I can point to positives too!

Edited by taobball
  • Like 1

So much for the book on Ohtani being busting him in with fastballs. Turned on a 97 MPH in and ropes it into the gap for a bases clearing triple. 106 MPH off the bat

Edited by Blood Brother

Yahoo screwed up this Ohtani thing so much. 

• Like 1

Leaving Gioloto in for the 7th resulted in a walk, a double by Brian Dozier and the loss of his QS when they pulled him. That wasn't predictable at all!

He was on my bench anyways

edit: May still have a QS 

Edited by loro1991

1 minute ago, loro1991 said:

Leaving Gioloto in for the 7th resulted in a walk, a double by Brian Dozier and the loss of his QS when they pulled him. That wasn't predictable at all!

The runs were driven in on Mauer's 2k tho. So that's nice.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

devers with another stellar stat line.  

Give it a break

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, loro1991 said:

Still got the QS (1 unearned run), but yeah, puzzling to leave him in.