Sign in to follow this  
BravesBaseball2

Should i trade Machado? WHIR

Recommended Posts

Standard H2H each cat keeper league. Offensive K's is an added cat. Keep 10 players.

 

Offer #1:

I give: Manny Machado, Stephen Piscotty

 

I get: JD Martinez, Andrew Benintendi

 

Offer #2:

I give: Manny Machado, Stephen Piscotty, Jake Odorizzi

 

I get: JD Martinez, Justin Verlander, Byron Buxton

 

My team is in my signature. My concern with the deal is the age of Martinez, relative to Machado. What do you think of either of these deals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see #2.  Gets you good depth at OF, where you have to start 5 (Buxton is underrated, IMO) and a nice bump at SP.  You're slotting Ramirez over to 3B and the backfill you're looking for from the WW (or elsewhere in trade) is for 1B, which is super deep.  I'd probably do it, given your circumstances.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you're overpaying on #1, given JD's history of injuries, but I also think #2 is a little too wishful thinking (but hey, try it, and see what happens). 

 

Help? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ROC_All_Stars_17 said:

I can see #2.  Gets you good depth at OF, where you have to start 5 (Buxton is underrated, IMO) and a nice bump at SP.  You're slotting Ramirez over to 3B and the backfill you're looking for from the WW (or elsewhere in trade) is for 1B, which is super deep.  I'd probably do it, given your circumstances.  

Thanks! So you think i'd be giving too much in #1? Could i be over-valuing Benintendi? I view him as a top 50 player with top 30 upside. Any conern about the age difference from Machado to Martinez and Verlander?

Edited by BravesBaseball2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd give two a shot. I'm not sure if it would happen but definitely worth a shot. Definitely no on the first offer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Josean Pelota said:

I think you're overpaying on #1, given JD's history of injuries, but I also think #2 is a little too wishful thinking (but hey, try it, and see what happens). 

 

Help? 

 

Thanks! Could i be over valuing Benintendi? I view him as a top 50 player with top 30 upside for this year. No concern about the age difference between Martinez and Machado? (Also Verlander being 35)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ayatollah said:

I'd give two a shot. I'm not sure if it would happen but definitely worth a shot. Definitely no on the first offer. 

Thanks! What do you dislike about the first one? Just don't think Benintendi is enough to make up the gap between Martinez and Machado? Any concern about age?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the second deal with JD and Benintendi is worth it, but you are giving up the best player in a keeper league so you have to account for that. Thanks for the help on mine

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TXTaz said:

I think the second deal with JD and Benintendi is worth it, but you are giving up the best player in a keeper league so you have to account for that. Thanks for the help on mine

Thanks! So you would do deal #2 but only with Benintendi instead of Buxton?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think offer 2 is pretty sweet and offer 3 is also good, I'd take either. Benintendi's OBP is really miles better than Piscotty, even if he K's a lot vs lefties. Buxton even if he is a bench bat for you, at his floor, if he stays terrible, should be a 12-35 guy. I don't think he will be this bad forever. Take either deal for sure. Brinson is droppable until he has a pulse, his k rate is really bad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, loro1991 said:

I think offer 2 is pretty sweet and offer 3 is also good, I'd take either. Benintendi's OBP is really miles better than Piscotty, even if he K's a lot vs lefties. Buxton even if he is a bench bat for you, at his floor, if he stays terrible, should be a 12-35 guy. I don't think he will be this bad forever. Take either deal for sure. Brinson is droppable until he has a pulse, his k rate is really bad. 

Thanks! When you say offer 2 and 3 do you mean offer 1 and 2? Any concern about age difference in a keeper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In deal 2 your getting a better value in Verlander over Jake, Buxton even though I don't like him, he's young. I would rather have trade 2 with Benintendi instead of Buxton. That would be awesome imho.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nightrain said:

In deal 2 your getting a better value in Verlander over Jake, Buxton even though I don't like him, he's young. I would rather have trade 2 with Benintendi instead of Buxton. That would be awesome imho.

Thanks! do you think that's do-able or that might he asking too much? maybe I could upgrade Piscotty to make it work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BravesBaseball2 said:

Thanks! do you think that's do-able or that might he asking too much? maybe I could upgrade Piscotty to make it work?

Depends on the owner. I think Buxton is the type ppl love or hate. I hate his game. I made that swap. I gave Buxton for Benintendi and I'm so happy! Don't see Buxton getting atop of that lineup and batting in the 8 hole is not gonna give you much rbis and runs. And you dont need that much speed in your team. I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BravesBaseball2 said:

Thanks! What do you dislike about the first one? Just don't think Benintendi is enough to make up the gap between Martinez and Machado? Any concern about age?

 

Not enough to overrule how much value you are getting. Yeah Machado is young and thats the best piece but Benintendi is also. It's slightly win now but you win the trade enough in both 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BravesBaseball2 said:

Thanks! So you think i'd be giving too much in #1? Could i be over-valuing Benintendi? I view him as a top 50 player with top 30 upside. Any conern about the age difference from Machado to Martinez and Verlander?

 

I'm not a huge Benintendi believer (this year anyway), so I tend to devalue him.  Not super concerned about the age thing (this is redraft, right?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ROC_All_Stars_17 said:

 

I'm not a huge Benintendi believer (this year anyway), so I tend to devalue him.  Not super concerned about the age thing (this is redraft, right?)

This is a keeper league. We keep 10 players each year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BravesBaseball2 said:

This is a keeper league. We keep 10 players each year

 

Sorry, just seeing that now.  For this years value, I like #2.  For long term, I think they're roughly even, with MAYBE a slight nod to #1.  But #2 has a lot more certainty, as with #1 you're banking on Benintendi being who we hope he is.  I like you're chances to compete this year with #2.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering your deep SP, I kind of like trade 1. I look at Benny as a 20/20 with 70+ RBIs .270ish AVG, in a stacked Sox lineup he should be pretty valuable for some time and you get a youngster back. JD should wind up with some great numbers with the Sox as well. I think as far as age you always have to worry some, but at least JD can DH if health or nagging injuries become a concern. Manny could end up getting traded or signed by another team at some point, depending on where he ends up could give him and extra nice boost in value.  You're parting with the best overall player but seemingly get a nice offensive boost overall, should net you some steals too. If you could pull off trade 2 and swap Benny for Buxton, i'd do that of course. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep Manny

but if i did a deal, it would be 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.