BrianM

Doug Baldwin 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Why do you say that? It's usually a 2-4 week injury, right?

I think it's a 5 to 6 week recovery and then a week or so to get back.  So most of season

1 minute ago, noles1983 said:

He probably sits through their week 7 bye. 

This would be my guess. He was not even 100% from his other knee issue. Was this a contact or non-contact injury? 

[Several removed.  The place for you to complain about how Baldwin's injury affects your team is here.]

46 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Why do you say that? It's usually a 2-4 week injury, right?

This is my understanding     A grade 2 sprain is usually a 2-4 week absence.   Assume the longer end.   Expect him out a month.   Gives him time to heal other injury.    4 weeks at most.   

Edited by Ratso1022
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

He probably sits through their week 7 bye. 

Considering he has 2 bad knees now, this is the probable outcome. Might be worth a stash in a few weeks if someone drops him & you can hold him through bye weeks

1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

Considering he has 2 bad knees now, this is the probable outcome. Might be worth a stash in a few weeks if someone drops him & you can hold him through bye weeks

No.  The probable outcome is 2-4 weeks,   Unless we hear otherwise

1 minute ago, Ratso1022 said:

This. Baldwin came out and told the media he wasn't expecting to have his knee fully healthy this season. He'll let this new injury heal, for however long it takes. The old injury isn't healing, has nothing to do with his timeline.

4 minutes ago, Ratso1022 said:

If it’s 4 weeks that puts them up close against their bye. Baldwin is tough but it’s possible they hold him out if there’s any setbacks. That team is a mess anyway so doubt they’ll need to rush him before he’s ready

Edited by lvsaint429
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

If it’s 4 weeks that puts them up close against their bye. Baldwin is tough but it’s possible they hold him out if there’s any setbacks. That team is a mess anyway so doubt they’ll need to rush him before he’s ready

Don't go introducing logic in here.

• Like 1

Just now, noles1983 said:

Silly me. What was I thinking?

Obviously Baldwin won’t be going against the Bears, Cowboys, & probably not Cardinals. Even if he plays, doubt he does much against the Rams. Then the Raiders before the bye? Could beat them without him if he hasn’t played by then. Not a stretch to think he may not play until week 8

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

That’s if it’s 4 weeks.  Which seems like the worst case scenario.   So worst case scenario and then add another week?  Then the bye week.  That’s what logical is to you?   Hmmm.     Ok.   We don’t know.   

Edited by Ratso1022

15 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Two bad knees, I just don't see it happening for Doug this year.  Even if it finally does, I'm not going to wait around half the season to find out.  He was my 4th round pick, but I'll be dropping him for someone else.  Maybe take a chance on B Marshall or Dorsett. 

The assumption is they won’t be bad when he returns 

43 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Two bad knees, I just don't see it happening for Doug this year.  Even if it finally does, I'm not going to wait around half the season to find out.  He was my 4th round pick, but I'll be dropping him for someone else.  Maybe take a chance on B Marshall or Dorsett. 

People crapped on me for this take earlier in this thread, but there's another 7 weeks to go (Week 8) before this guy most likely gets to do something for our teams. His other knee won't be 100% all year, while this other knee probably both be 100% all year. 

I don't think it's happening for him this year as well. Best case he is going to burn someone else's roster spot for a while and you can pick up the next Doug Baldwin. 

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

People crapped on me for this take earlier in this thread, but there's another 7 weeks to go (Week 8) before this guy most likely gets to do something for our teams. His other knee won't be 100% all year, while this other knee probably both be 100% all year. 

I don't think it's happening for him this year as well. Best case he is going to burn someone else's roster spot for a while and you can pick up the next Doug Baldwin. 

I don’t know what kind of waivers you play but mine likely doesn’t have a WR that averaged over 1000 yards and 10tds the last 3 years just hanging out waiting to be grabbed.

2 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

I don’t know what kind of waivers you play but mine likely doesn’t have a WR that averaged over 1000 yards and 10tds the last 3 years just hanging out waiting to be grabbed.

I don't know what kind of waivers you play but I haven't seen too many players with two gimpy knees be very successful at playing football.  Things change.  Who is the next WR that's going to average 1,000 yards and 10 TD's over 3 years.  Once upon time during Doug Baldwin's 1st 4 seasons in the league he was thought of as nothing more than a bye week filler type fantasy player and then BAM!  look what happened? It's happened with players before him and it will happen again after him.  Who is that next guy going to be?  Philip Dorsett maybe?  Maybe not, maybe somebody else.  Maybe that guy isn't out there right now, but it happens.  Hanging on to Baldwin at this point is just clogging up your roster for what is likely going to be at least half your fantasy season if not longer.  And when he comes back, is he going to be as good as he has been these past 3 years?  I say not likely.  I'll let somebody else have him if they want and use my roster spot on those deep fliers and hopefully strike gold.

• Like 4

I am thinking he is a drop with now both knees given him issues. I may be jumping the gun, but there seems to be hotter waiver wire pickups. Let someone else deal with his health the remainder of the season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cjw99 said:

Buy low?

If you feel wildly confident about your team being able to burn a bench spot for a 4+ weeks then I'd say go for it. He could be a game changing flex for a team making a strong second half push.