BrianM

Doug Baldwin 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

 

Why do you say that? It's usually a 2-4 week injury, right?

 

I think it's a 5 to 6 week recovery and then a week or so to get back.  So most of season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, noles1983 said:

He probably sits through their week 7 bye. 

This would be my guess. He was not even 100% from his other knee issue. Was this a contact or non-contact injury? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Several removed.  The place for you to complain about how Baldwin's injury affects your team is here.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

 

Why do you say that? It's usually a 2-4 week injury, right?

This is my understanding     A grade 2 sprain is usually a 2-4 week absence.   Assume the longer end.   Expect him out a month.   Gives him time to heal other injury.    4 weeks at most.   

Edited by Ratso1022
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

He probably sits through their week 7 bye. 

Considering he has 2 bad knees now, this is the probable outcome. Might be worth a stash in a few weeks if someone drops him & you can hold him through bye weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

Considering he has 2 bad knees now, this is the probable outcome. Might be worth a stash in a few weeks if someone drops him & you can hold him through bye weeks

No.  The probable outcome is 2-4 weeks,   Unless we hear otherwise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ratso1022 said:

No.  The probable outcome is 2-4 weeks,   Unless we hear otherwise

This. Baldwin came out and told the media he wasn't expecting to have his knee fully healthy this season. He'll let this new injury heal, for however long it takes. The old injury isn't healing, has nothing to do with his timeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ratso1022 said:

No.  The probable outcome is 2-4 weeks,   Unless we hear otherwise

If it’s 4 weeks that puts them up close against their bye. Baldwin is tough but it’s possible they hold him out if there’s any setbacks. That team is a mess anyway so doubt they’ll need to rush him before he’s ready

Edited by lvsaint429
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

If it’s 4 weeks that puts them up close against their bye. Baldwin is tough but it’s possible they hold him out if there’s any setbacks. That team is a mess anyway so doubt they’ll need to rush him before he’s ready

 

Don't go introducing logic in here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, noles1983 said:

 

Don't go introducing logic in here.

Silly me. What was I thinking?

Obviously Baldwin won’t be going against the Bears, Cowboys, & probably not Cardinals. Even if he plays, doubt he does much against the Rams. Then the Raiders before the bye? Could beat them without him if he hasn’t played by then. Not a stretch to think he may not play until week 8

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

 

Don't go introducing logic in here.

That’s if it’s 4 weeks.  Which seems like the worst case scenario.   So worst case scenario and then add another week?  Then the bye week.  That’s what logical is to you?   Hmmm.     Ok.   We don’t know.   

 

 

 

Edited by Ratso1022

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Two bad knees, I just don't see it happening for Doug this year.  Even if it finally does, I'm not going to wait around half the season to find out.  He was my 4th round pick, but I'll be dropping him for someone else.  Maybe take a chance on B Marshall or Dorsett. 

The assumption is they won’t be bad when he returns 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Two bad knees, I just don't see it happening for Doug this year.  Even if it finally does, I'm not going to wait around half the season to find out.  He was my 4th round pick, but I'll be dropping him for someone else.  Maybe take a chance on B Marshall or Dorsett. 

 

People crapped on me for this take earlier in this thread, but there's another 7 weeks to go (Week 8) before this guy most likely gets to do something for our teams. His other knee won't be 100% all year, while this other knee probably both be 100% all year. 

 

I don't think it's happening for him this year as well. Best case he is going to burn someone else's roster spot for a while and you can pick up the next Doug Baldwin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

People crapped on me for this take earlier in this thread, but there's another 7 weeks to go (Week 8) before this guy most likely gets to do something for our teams. His other knee won't be 100% all year, while this other knee probably both be 100% all year. 

 

I don't think it's happening for him this year as well. Best case he is going to burn someone else's roster spot for a while and you can pick up the next Doug Baldwin. 

 

I don’t know what kind of waivers you play but mine likely doesn’t have a WR that averaged over 1000 yards and 10tds the last 3 years just hanging out waiting to be grabbed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

 

I don’t know what kind of waivers you play but mine likely doesn’t have a WR that averaged over 1000 yards and 10tds the last 3 years just hanging out waiting to be grabbed.

I don't know what kind of waivers you play but I haven't seen too many players with two gimpy knees be very successful at playing football.  Things change.  Who is the next WR that's going to average 1,000 yards and 10 TD's over 3 years.  Once upon time during Doug Baldwin's 1st 4 seasons in the league he was thought of as nothing more than a bye week filler type fantasy player and then BAM!  look what happened? It's happened with players before him and it will happen again after him.  Who is that next guy going to be?  Philip Dorsett maybe?  Maybe not, maybe somebody else.  Maybe that guy isn't out there right now, but it happens.  Hanging on to Baldwin at this point is just clogging up your roster for what is likely going to be at least half your fantasy season if not longer.  And when he comes back, is he going to be as good as he has been these past 3 years?  I say not likely.  I'll let somebody else have him if they want and use my roster spot on those deep fliers and hopefully strike gold.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am thinking he is a drop with now both knees given him issues. I may be jumping the gun, but there seems to be hotter waiver wire pickups. Let someone else deal with his health the remainder of the season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cjw99 said:

Buy low?

 

If you feel wildly confident about your team being able to burn a bench spot for a 4+ weeks then I'd say go for it. He could be a game changing flex for a team making a strong second half push.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.