BrianM

Doug Baldwin 2018 Outlook

lol what happened to this thread?

Guys in here talking about dropping a dude whose knee injury is less severe than Rodgers, per Pro Football Doc (I trust him more than anyone out there).

Also, the piling on is easy. Everyone is citing how he was a draft risk and yada yada yah. Well, all of you are intentionally leaving out the fact that he injured his other knee. Who is predicting injuries? Is Fournette a bust now because he pulled his hamstring? Olsen too?

Injuries happen. Plus, the dude has a degenerative knee issue. He isn't paralyzed. Ajayi has bone-on-bone knee issues. He is still upright. Catch my drift? It's more about pain management and less about looking at the guy like he has one leg

4 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:

lol what happened to this thread?

Guys in here talking about dropping a dude whose knee injury is less severe than Rodgers, per Pro Football Doc (I trust him more than anyone out there).

Also, the piling on is easy. Everyone is citing how he was a draft risk and yada yada yah. Well, all of you are intentionally leaving out the fact that he injured his other knee. Who is predicting injuries? Is Fournette a bust now because he pulled his hamstring? Olsen too?

Injuries happen. Plus, the dude has a degenerative knee issue. He isn't paralyzed. Ajayi has bone-on-bone knee issues. He is still upright. Catch my drift? It's more about pain management and less about looking at the guy like he has one leg

Starting with confidence. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

there will be many of these this season. 

Blown coverages?

• Like 1

From Pro Football Doc

The Seahawks will likely be without Baldwin for a week or two, but he could play as soon as Monday at Chicago.

Dr Chao doesn't think it's too severe. 

The bigger issue, to me, is he's potentially missing plus matchups against Chicago and Dallas. If he misses two weeks, he'll be back for the Cardinals and Rams. Not great matchups, especially at less than 100 percent.

So we're likely not starting him until week 6 anyway, so I guess the injury is a moot point

2 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

I hate this but I'm gonna hang on to him.

I'm not even mad tbh, Seattle usually sucks for a month or two, so I've convinced myself that he probably would've just sucked in a starting spot for me until then.

• Like 1

Yeah there is that. They always start slow seems like. The lack of Jimmy Graham and the worse defense should be good for fantasy purposes. He just needs some adamantium knee pads.

• Like 1

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Doug Baldwin could be out "a couple weeks."
"He’s really gonna go a few days at a time here," Carroll said. "Let’s see what happens. We’ll wait and see." Carroll indicated he wasn't expecting Baldwin to play Monday night against the Bears or the following week against the Cowboys, placing his recovery timetable around the initially expected 2-4 week-mark. Keenan Reynolds was called from the practice squad to replace Baldwin in the interim. Sep 11 - 7:05 PM

4 hours ago, jimithing11 said:

From Pro Football Doc

Dr Chao doesn't think it's too severe. 

The bigger issue, to me, is he's potentially missing plus matchups against Chicago and Dallas. If he misses two weeks, he'll be back for the Cardinals and Rams. Not great matchups, especially at less than 100 percent.

So we're likely not starting him until week 6 anyway, so I guess the injury is a moot point

i wouldn't call CHI a plus matchup,  it doesn't matter if the janitor is covering him, if the oline is collapsed from the pressure the CHI front 7 can generate.  i do not like this weeks matchup with CHI at all, and the knee injury gives me a nice easy way to keep him on the bench

Is this guy the ultimate buy low....or just fool's gold?

I think I'm addicted to stashing high upside players on my bench....thinking if I can just grind away till mid-season I'll be golden!

I know the owner in my league is super disgruntled.....No doubt a Corey Davis type would snag him.

4 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

I think I'm addicted to stashing high upside players on my bench....thinking if I can just grind away till mid-season I'll be golden!

I know the owner in my league is super disgruntled.....No doubt a Corey Davis type would snag him.

I'd trade Corey Davis for him if he's not sniffing your starting lineup. I don't trust Mariota.

3 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

It depends what the owner is asking for him. Corey Davis? Without a doubt. Randall Cobb? Ehhhh.

Right now I'd probably accept JuJu, Tate, Sanders, J. Reed, Ertz, R. Freeman, or D. Freeman for him.

If I thought I could acquire him for someone that holds less value than those listed above I'd do it without a doubt. Who else does Wilson have to throw it to this season? Lockett? Marshall? Baldwin at 80-85% is better than those two. I see lots of TD opportunities in the second half of the season if he can stay on the field.

1 minute ago, atrium said:

I'd trade Corey Davis for him if he's not sniffing your starting lineup. I don't trust Mariota.

2 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

It depends what the owner is asking for him. Corey Davis? Without a doubt. Randall Cobb? Ehhhh.

Right now I'd probably accept JuJu, Tate, Sanders, J. Reed, Ertz, R. Freeman, or D. Freeman for him.

If I thought I could acquire him for someone that holds less value than those listed above I'd do it without a doubt. Who else does Wilson have to throw it to this season? Lockett? Marshall? Baldwin at 80-85% is better than those two. I see lots of TD opportunities in the second half of the season if he can stay on the field.

Interesting takes.....one thing I'm unsure of is Seattle strength of schedule during the second half of the season? SF and KC for week 15/16 playoffs seems nice.

2 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Interesting takes.....one thing I'm unsure of is Seattle strength of schedule during the second half of the season? SF and KC for week 15/16 playoffs seems nice.

Does it matter what their strength of schedule is if Wilson is throwing it 30-40 times per game? Their defense, offensive line, and running game aren't that great. I'd consider them bad. It's the exact same situation as Luck and T.Y. Hilton. Volume via being forced to air it out due to a bad defense, offensive line, and running game.

Great news. Hopefully the healing goes better than expected and we’re bsck in business next week. 

49 minutes ago, Ryan81 said:

Great news. Hopefully the healing goes better than expected and we’re bsck in business next week. 

1 hour ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Could be a blessing in disguise. These two weeks out will help him recover from his old injury to his other knee as well. 

Glad to see I'm not the only one that is actually relieved of this news and sees it in a positive way. 

22 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Uh, someone just dropped him in my 12 team league. Even if comes back week 8. That's a lot of value. 

mega overreaction there. Grab him!

Any clue when he will declared Out?

I have an ineligible guy on my IR and am waiting to make a trade until I can put Baldwin on the IR slot.

My earlier take on this was to drop him, but I've come around to thinking more positively in that he has a chance to rehabilitate and heal both knees at the same time now (hoping it won't take surgery on either knee.) If this offense can produce numbers for Lockett and B. Marshall and DISSLY, I'm sure that Baldwin at 75% will produce WR2 numbers. Hard to drop now.

I retract my earlier statement.