BrianM

Doug Baldwin 2018 Outlook

13 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Regardless, if someone says “hey, by the way, I am injured already and am going to play injured the entire season”, that should send off some major flags. Especially for his ADP. 

The body is all interconnected. Who knows if the injuries are related in any fashion. 

Chris Thompson said he wouldn’t be 100% til November. These guys are all playing injured. I repeat his knee injury in game 1 had nothing to do with the knee pain he had pre-season in his other knee.

Edited by ff062018
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Regardless, if someone says “hey, by the way, I am injured already and am going to play injured the entire season”, that should send off some major flags. Especially for his ADP. 

The body is all interconnected. Who knows if the injuries are related in any fashion. 

huh?

So does that mean once some of the vets starts getting each Wednesday off or have maintenance days throughout the year because of wear and tear then all of a sudden we are supposed to not play them each week because there are "flags?"

I am not comparing Megatron to Baldwin, but how many games/years did Calvin go having knee problems. It was always a concern, but he always produced. You knew there was some risk, but he continually proved he could manage it.

Baldwin has never been an injury risk during his career. He's managed to get through games/play through bumps and bruises.

People make arguments and formulate opinions based on their own narratives. It's similar to how everyone said Burkhead was a risk because it was revealed he had a "partial tear" in his knee during the preseason. Well, it's cherry picking, because a "partial tear" is the same thing as a sprain. By definition, you are partially tearing a ligament when you sprain something. But, people just read that he has a "partial tear" and run with it.

Point is, it's irresponsible to come in here and say "I told you so" regarding Baldwin when we haven't even seen the impact of his "ailing knee." He never even got a chance to prove himself before hurting his other knee.

22 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:

huh?

So does that mean once some of the vets starts getting each Wednesday off or have maintenance days throughout the year because of wear and tear then all of a sudden we are supposed to not play them each week because there are "flags?"

I am not comparing Megatron to Baldwin, but how many games/years did Calvin go having knee problems. It was always a concern, but he always produced. You knew there was some risk, but he continually proved he could manage it.

Baldwin has never been an injury risk during his career. He's managed to get through games/play through bumps and bruises.

People make arguments and formulate opinions based on their own narratives. It's similar to how everyone said Burkhead was a risk because it was revealed he had a "partial tear" in his knee during the preseason. Well, it's cherry picking, because a "partial tear" is the same thing as a sprain. By definition, you are partially tearing a ligament when you sprain something. But, people just read that he has a "partial tear" and run with it.

Point is, it's irresponsible to come in here and say "I told you so" regarding Baldwin when we haven't even seen the impact of his "ailing knee." He never even got a chance to prove himself before hurting his other knee.

You're missing the point. 

If you are applying for a job and choosing between two options, and one tells you "hey, by the way, we are only going to pay you 80% what the other company is going to pay", which should you choose? And 80% is what Baldwin was quoted saying he felt.

There is a difference between an ailing vet taking time off in between games versus a guy who hadn't played a game yet that season telling people he was going to be playing injured all season long. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

If you are applying for a job and choosing between two options, and one tells you "hey, by the way, we are only going to pay you 80% what the other company is going to pay", which should you choose? And 80% is what Baldwin was quoted saying he felt.

There is a difference between an ailing vet taking time off in between games versus a guy who hadn't played a game yet that season telling people he was going to be playing injured all season long. 

That’s silly. Company A normal pays $150k, but now is paying only 80% so $120k. Company B is paying 100% of their normal $100k. 

I’ll take the Company A job.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

That’s silly. Company A normal pays $150k, but now is paying only 80% so $120k. Company B is paying 100% of their normal $100k. 

I’ll take the Company A job.

Way to take my post out of context :lol: guess I should have mentioned they pay the same, a la Baldwin's ADP versus others that were around him. 

Actually I said pay you 80% what the other company pays. So this doesn't make sense :angry:

Edited by oliminator123

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Way to take my post out of context :lol: guess I should have mentioned they pay the same, a la Baldwin's ADP versus others that were around him. 

Actually I said pay you 80% what the other company pays. So this doesn't make sense :angry:

Just stop dude. You’re making yourself look super foolish. 

Baldwin’s adp took a hit in most drafts after that statement and those of us taking him had a reasonable expectation of an injury and I’m encouraged that it wasn’t the same knee. Dude will beast when he plays

1 minute ago, midlip said:

Just stop dude. You’re making yourself look super foolish. 

Baldwin’s adp took a hit in most drafts after that statement and those of us taking him had a reasonable expectation of an injury and I’m encouraged that it wasn’t the same knee. Dude will beast when he plays

Not looking foolish. Looking factual and some people can't handle the truth. I hope he comes back and beasts because I own shares of Wilson. But currently odds are stacked against him. 

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Well, you certainly just played into my point about believing what you want to believe to form your own narrative.

I mean, we've already established the quote was taken out of context. Not sure why you, or anyone else, keeps going back to it.

Dr. Chao thinks he could be back next week. Don’t have a link because it was on his podcast (yesterday’s podcast). 

Wasnt clear whether “next week” means week 3 or 4.

18 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Not looking foolish. Looking factual and some people can't handle the truth. I hope he comes back and beasts because I own shares of Wilson. But currently odds are stacked against him. 

I don't know if odds are really stacked against him. "Beast' is not very quantifiable but I think when he comes back things set up nicely for him. Russell needs competent WRs to throw to so Baldwin should slide in and get heavily targeted. His initial hurt knee that was at ~80-90% has had more time to heal, and this new injury seems fairly mundane. If any rash owners dropped or are selling low I'd get on it. 

someone foolishly dropped him last week and I managed to snag him. Hoping he gets healthy soon and puts up WR2 numbers. I'm never super confident in him though...not sure why, just seems like I end up with him on my team every year and i'm always disappointed.

1 hour ago, p0k said:

someone foolishly dropped him last week and I managed to snag him. Hoping he gets healthy soon and puts up WR2 numbers. I'm never super confident in him though...not sure why, just seems like I end up with him on my team every year and i'm always disappointed.

78-1069-14

94-1128-7

75-991-8

Those are his last 3 seasons. How are you always disappointed with him?

• Like 1

If he was healthy during fantasy drafts...what round would he have gone in? Or where would you have ranked him?

Edited by Woonga24

I would have taken him in the 3rd after I took 2 solid RBs.    The guy is such a solid TD machine in that offense.

I just made a trade offer for him of Adrian Peterson for Baldwin in a league where I have Jordan Howard, Ezekiel Elliott, Lamar Miller, and Tevin Coleman on my roster with weakish WR's b/c I focused too much on RB.   The other guy needs a starting RB so I'm hoping that he'll bite on it and I can count on Baldwin for the rest of the season when he returns.

Edited by egomaniac247

3 minutes ago, egomaniac247 said:

I would have taken him in the 3rd after I took 2 solid RBs.    The guy is such a solid TD machine in that offense.

I just made a trade offer for him of Adrian Peterson for Baldwin in a league where I have Jordan Howard, Ezekiel Elliott, Lamar Miller, and Tevin Coleman on my roster.   The other guy needs a starting RB so I'm hoping that he'll bite on it and I can count on Baldwin for the rest of the season when he returns.

Yup same here. I took him in the 4th after drafting 3 RBs in the first 3 rounds. He wouldn’t have been there if it weren’t for his lingering knee issue. 

Still not that upset about the injury to his other knee in Week 1 as long as he returns high-end WR2 value from Week 6 or 7 onwards. Helps that I’ve been able to start 2-0 largely thanks to JuJu stepping up, or I might be more upset. 

Just hope he rests up, gets healthy, and puts up numbers once he returns. 

Edited by ff062018

3 hours ago, owenmills said:

78-1069-14

94-1128-7

75-991-8

He generally always has a good season overall, but seems to be one HUGE game and then several with 5-6 points. I'm playing in standard leagues as well so he has a little less value. I'm glad I picked him up, don't get me wrong, I just tend to get nervous every time i start him. 

I'm a bit concerned about the offensive line play but Wilson is a magician with bad O Lines. He should slot in nicely as my flex once he comes back healthy.

17 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

If he was healthy during fantasy drafts...what round would he have gone in? Or where would you have ranked him?

I believe before the health issues started really rearing their heads, it was a Baldwin vs. Hilton debate in drafts. So, yeah, mid-3rd.

3 hours ago, owenmills said:

78-1069-14

94-1128-7

75-991-8

2015: 4 games he had 10 total touchdowns and 366 yards. Other 12 games he totaled 703 yards and 4 touchdowns.

2016: 3 games he had 5 total touchdowns and 394 yards. Other 13 games he had 734 yards and 2 touchdowns. 

2017: did not even break 1000 yards in Wilson's statistically best season. Only had 2 games above 100 yards. Averaged 9.3 fantasy points per game. 

He is Julio lite. Guy should be a 5th rounder.  

Edited by oliminator123
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

2015: 4 games he had 10 total touchdowns and 366 yards. Other 12 games he totaled 703 yards and 4 touchdowns.

2016: 3 games he had 5 total touchdowns and 394 yards. Other 13 games he had 734 yards and 2 touchdowns. 

2017: did not even break 1000 yards in Wilson's statistically best season. Only had 2 games above 100 yards. Averaged 9.3 fantasy points per game. 

He is Julio lite. Guy should be a 5th rounder.  

Last season he was banged up, but still racked up 75 catches and 8 TDs. Not too shabby. And yeah he's inconsistent but most WRs are besides the truly elite WR1s(even some of those guys are). Baldwin isn't an elite WR1 but he's rarely been drafted as one. Still don't get the narrative that he's been a disappointment for years. 

Edited by owenmills

5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

2015: 4 games he had 10 total touchdowns and 366 yards. Other 12 games

5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Image result for odell beckham L

• Like 1