BrianM

Doug Baldwin 2018 Outlook

33 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

2015: 4 games he had 10 total touchdowns and 366 yards. Other 12 games he totaled 703 yards and 4 touchdowns.

2016: 3 games he had 5 total touchdowns and 394 yards. Other 13 games he had 734 yards and 2 touchdowns. 

2017: did not even break 1000 yards in Wilson's statistically best season. Only had 2 games above 100 yards. Averaged 9.3 fantasy points per game. 

He is Julio lite. Guy should be a 5th rounder.  

You forgot to mention  Seahawks lost alot talent on O and D and his targets were to most likely rise due to opportunity and gamescript. That got factored into his draft price

Assuming he's back with two good knees, is it business as usual for him? Or is anyone scared he won't put up the same kind of numbers because Seattle's offense, particularly the line and running game has been pretty bad? Or is it just one of those where they get Baldwin back and the whole offense starts to hum?

3 minutes ago, theantishere said:

Assuming he's back with two good knees, is it business as usual for him? Or is anyone scared he won't put up the same kind of numbers because Seattle's offense, particularly the line and running game has been pretty bad? Or is it just one of those where they get Baldwin back and the whole offense starts to hum?

I won't assume he's back with two good knees, but to go along with this? No, Seattle never does anything in September. I'm ok with him taking his time getting back because they're going to suck for a little while longer one way or another. Then I think he'd get back to normal, don't see why not.

7 hours ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Back under doubtful on yahoo how stupid 

Yeah they did the same on ESPN....lucky I noticed so I could re-adjust my waiver claims, otherwise they wouldn't have processed due to an ineligible player on my IR!

Edited by DamoESP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ultravylence said:

Anyone have an idea when the Seahawks will declare him out this week?

It should be on Saturday which is when teams that play on Sunday bsubmit their final injury reports. 

3 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

At this point, I’m guessing most have made other plans, if you haven’t, you should. He’s probably out 3-4 weeks which might help him get right in both knees. I’m just hoping for a strong second half of the season.

• Like 1

I don't think people should take anything the Seahawks or Carroll says seriously. I'm sure they have discussed a timetable internally. It was speculated he'd be out 2-4 weeks with the MCL sprain by reasonably intelligent people, so that's most likely what will happen.

24 minutes ago, NyjersInParis said:

I don’t mind him missing a month, if it means he will be 100% ros

He already stated he won't be 100% all season long. The knee he injured in week one was a second knee injury. He already hurt his other knee before this. 

Edited by kingdavid206
  • Like 1

Guy should make a solid WR2 in last half of the season. He was dropped in my league so I'm putting a bid on him and gonna drop Garcon.

• Like 1

Relax - drs have said he could return in two weeks.  I like the chance of him coming back by next week and the fact that he rested the first knee he hurt should work in his favor to fully heal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thinkingcap said:

Relax - drs have said he could return in two weeks.  I like the chance of him coming back by next week and the fact that he rested the first knee he hurt should work in his favor to fully heal.

I hope so as well. That would be quite beneficial.

2 minutes ago, kcm012 said:

Guy should make a solid WR2 in last half of the season. He was dropped in my league so I'm putting a bid on him and gonna drop Garcon.

I also picked him up as a stash because I had depth at WR already. Anything I get out of him is an added bonus. Quite a bye week filler and potential starter at flex ros, if all goes well.

Yea, I have Michael Thomas, Amari Cooper, Cobb, Garcon, Devante Parker, and Kelce (for WR/TE slot). Much greater upside with Baldwin over Garcon.

Edited by kcm012
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kcm012 said:

Yea, I have Michael Thomas, Amari Cooper, Cobb, Garcon, Devante Parker, and Kelce (for WR/TE slot). Much great upside with Baldwin over Garcon.

Definitely a good call, you have to like the upside potential for Doug. Could help be a league winner if acquired via waiver wire. Depending on the depth of a team before the acquisition. Not a bad stash at all. The offense definitely needs a spark.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, thirdeye said:

It should be on Saturday which is when teams that play on Sunday bsubmit their final injury reports. 

It's frustrating when everyone knows he is going to be out. Mixon never lost his "Out" status. So for Baldwin to be shifted from Out to Doubtful is annoying. That said, I blame Carroll and not Yahoo on that one. 

1 hour ago, Ultravylence said:

I hope the Seahawks declare him out soon, with Baldwin in my IR spot I am locked from other moves until they state he is out it seems.

Yep, same boat, need to make some moves but currently tied up with Baldwin in my IR....

It's really frustrating having him listed as doubtful all week again. I sort of get it that Carroll alluded to him being week to week, but there is a higher chance of him NOT playing this week than playing. I don't understand why they don't leave a player who is ruled out of a game "out" until they at least return to practice.

All of my trade requests were denied, so now I'm just patiently waiting for him to be dropped.  Early season injuries are post-season winners for opportunistic managers.