BrianM

Doug Baldwin 2018 Outlook

5 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

All of my trade requests were denied, so now I'm just patiently waiting for him to be dropped.  Early season injuries are post-season winners for opportunistic managers.

Or a missed opportunity to pick up a breakout player(JBrown, KCole, PLindsay) from waiver because Baldwin is taking up your bench spot. 

I dont know if the players I mentioned above will continue their ealry season success but they might  

As a Baldwin owner, I hope he comes back and healthy and plays well in the second half. However, injuries to my other players are making it difficult for me to keep him on my bench. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CViewPride35 said:

Or a missed opportunity to pick up a breakout player(JBrown, KCole, PLindsay) from waiver because Baldwin is taking up your bench spot. 

I dont know if the players I mentioned above will continue their ealry season success but they might  

As a Baldwin owner, I hope he comes back and healthy and plays well in the second half. However, injuries to my other players are making it difficult for me to keep him on my bench. 

Not true, for years I seem to pick up and hold a player who's supposed to come back only to be disappointed, 2013 Percy harvin, 2014 Josh gordon, 2017 David Johnson.  Rarely works out if ever

edit, I meant to agree, backing you on your quote, stashing injured players is not a smart idea

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

The knee injury before the season was bad enough but there is no upside to two bad knees. Hard to see him put anything more than low end wr2 numbers at best. Especially if the running game remains solid. 

23 minutes ago, Guwop said:

The knee injury before the season was bad enough but there is no upside to two bad knees. Hard to see him put anything more than low end wr2 numbers at best. Especially if the running game remains solid. 

I disagree hes gonna get 10 targets as a baseline every game. They aren't gonna be playing trubisky every week, they will be down. Though I have to say they aren't playing too many strong offensive teams.

13 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

I disagree hes gonna get 10 targets as a baseline every game.

$100 says he doesn't.

1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

I disagree hes gonna get 10 targets as a baseline every game. They aren't gonna be playing trubisky every week, they will be down. Though I have to say they aren't playing too many strong offensive teams.

That's a high claim there. I'm just going off his best production and it's was whenever the running game faltered. If the running game gets on a roll (still a long shot) then I don't see him recreating that breakout. He should still have some good weeks however 

44 minutes ago, Guwop said:

That's a high claim there. I'm just going off his best production and it's was whenever the running game faltered. If the running game gets on a roll (still a long shot) then I don't see him recreating that breakout. He should still have some good weeks however 

In 2015, when Baldwin put up 78/1k/14tds, they had Rawls running for 800 yards on 5.6 yards per carry and Lynch in only 7 games put  up 400  yards on 3.9ypc. 

I am not suggesting that Baldwin owners should be rooting for a great running game, but it's easier for a WR to score TDs and get chances when the running game has some success otherwise you are punting more often and defense can focus more of their attention on defending the pass. 

9 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

In 2015, when Baldwin put up 78/1k/14tds, they had Rawls running for 800 yards on 5.6 yards per carry and Lynch in only 7 games put  up 400  yards on 3.9ypc. 

I am not suggesting that Baldwin owners should be rooting for a great running game, but it's easier for a WR to score TDs and get chances when the running game has some success otherwise you are punting more often and defense can focus more of their attention on defending the pass. 

I hear you but I'm speaking in terms of the focus of the offense. When he had his breakout season they switched the focus to the passing game over the running game. If Carroll actually tries to focus it might help Russell more than Baldwin 

Not a expert lip reader or anything, but it looks like he's saying something along the lines of "I told you to [explicit] put me in there". It sounds like he's ready to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyRomo said:

Not a expert lip reader or anything, but it looks like he's saying something along the lines of "I told you to [explicit] put me in there". It sounds like he's ready to go.

Oooo boy!  I love the fire from my best friend Doug.  Let's go buddy!

• Like 3

He's probably close but weren't people speculating his sideline blowup was because they were giving Penny so many touches early last game when Carson looked much better. He could be saying "put him[Carson] in there"

2 minutes ago, owenmills said:

He's probably close but weren't people speculating his sideline blowup was because they were giving Penny so many touches early last game when Carson looked much better. He could be saying "put him[Carson] in there"

Don't know why he'd be ripping into the strength and conditioning coach about running backs usage...

1 hour ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Oooo boy!  I love the fire from my best friend Doug.  Let's go buddy!

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Mr.STD said:

Don't know why he'd be ripping into the strength and conditioning coach about running backs usage...

He was yelling at the strength and conditioning coach about why he has two messed up knees :(

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

He was yelling at the strength and conditioning coach about why he has two messed up knees :(

Think he's pissed he didn't get a lanyard. Christ even the fat guy just standing has one

• Haha 3