BrianM

Doug Baldwin 2018 Outlook

Just now, TonyRomo said:

Source?

7 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

Practicing and chance to play this week per Carroll

I'll only believe it when I see him in uniform in a game. I don't believe anything Pete Carroll has to say. He's been rotting on my bench so I'm hoping he is able to go soon. Yahoo pulls the Out tag off constantly so it makes it difficult to keep him on IR.

I know the “he may play this week” is from Carroll, but hey at least he’s practicing. Unless Carroll made that up too, which I highly doubt...

1 minute ago, Asian Sensation said:

Coming back from injury against Peterson? F it lets gooooo! 

Baldwin plays the slot in 3 WR sets, Lockett has been the slot man since Baldwin has been out, I have to assume Baldwin takes his slot role back so Peterson shouldn't put fear into starting Baldwin or Lockett should Baldwin not go.

• Like 1

I understand your logic but the way he was fired up on the sideline last week makes me think this man is hungry and could have possibly been good enough to play last week and that it was more of a coaches decision than his decision. Just my 2c, but I'm just some random neck beard on the internet.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Man, I was very high on him going into the draft but wasn't able to get him. Looking at making a move for him, his value is very low especially for owners who drafted him expecting WR1 numbers out of the gate. 

Worried about the knees though, what do you guys think of his value ROS? WR1 value or less than that?

38 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Man, I was very high on him going into the draft but wasn't able to get him. Looking at making a move for him, his value is very low especially for owners who drafted him expecting WR1 numbers out of the gate. 

Worried about the knees though, what do you guys think of his value ROS? WR1 value or less than that?

wr2 and maybe even high end wr3 is where I'd rank him now, definitely a risk reward guy

• Like 1

Just now, panthers93 said:

wr2 and maybe even high end wr3 is where I'd rank him now, definitely a risk reward guy

Possibly WR3? Wow, wasn't expecting that big of a value drop off. That because of injury or opportunity in your opinion?

When hes back to full health(80% lol), easy WR2. Hope others were able to buy low within the past few weeks because I'm sure some people panicked.

3 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

When hes back to full health(80% lol), easy WR2. Hope others were able to buy low within the past few weeks because I'm sure some people panicked.

I agree.  If he's healthy enough to play, I have no doubts that he'll perform at no worse than WR2 level.  Seattle's passing game has been abysmal without him.

• Like 1

I think he is eventually going to be in the 15 to 20 range for weekly wr ranks......hoping for lots of targets and consistently needing to come from behind.

of course the big unknown is his health.....fwiw i just acquired baldwin for jordan reed 

Seems like he was generally being drafted in the WR10-15 range. If he gets back on the field and stays healthy he should get there eventually or at least close. Rock solid WR2 ROS barring another injury

1 hour ago, next big thing cp84 said:

He needs to be bought low now or that window is going to slam shut. He was drafted as a mid-high end WR2 and, barring any health setbacks, he should easily return that value. I don't know what that other guy is on about with the WR3 talk.

1 hour ago, next big thing cp84 said:

agree with @atrium above: baldwin's price is mitigated by his ailing knees (that's knees plural), so he's a buy-low only. that said, when healthy, baldwin is a solid-handed receiver connected to a great qb. he has wr1 potential almost every time he's on the field (matchup dependent) and should produce solid wr2 numbers regularly. just remember baldwin's own words when you're looking to buy: he's "80-85%" and he doesn't see this changing.

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, atrium said:

He needs to be bought low now or that window is going to slam shut. He was drafted as a mid-high end WR2 and, barring any health setbacks, he should easily return that value. I don't know what that other guy is on about with the WR3 talk.

are you illiterate? his health risks are baked into his value. as i said. as YOU said.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, drisser said:

Who's rolling him out this week if he plays?

Me, for sure. This guy is fired up!

If the coaches let him play it won't be as a decoy.

• Like 1

my-body-is-ready-spider-man-remembered-h

Speaking Thursday, Doug Baldwin (knee) said he "chomping at the bit" to return and "ready to go."

Baldwin was "limited" on Wednesday and will likely remain so on Thursday. Russell Wilson said Baldwin "looks great," but that it is up to the coaching staff if he returns after missing the past two weeks. It's tentatively looking like Baldwin will be out there against the Cardinals, but it is far from a slam dunk. Baldwin could end up a game-time call.

Sep 27 - 3:57 PM