BrianM

Doug Baldwin 2018 Outlook

Had some insight on podcasts- I do think this guy should be fine. It's in Seattle and hoping that the game is a bit more competitive. Even for game flow purposes, Doug should get targeted. However, I think it's a high floor low ceiling type of day. Safe fantasy score, which I'm interested in for this week.

Plus- we all drafted him early. Gotta deploy him at some point. 

Just now, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

chance of him getting re-injured and sits out 3/4 of the game?

Yes. That's why I can't put him in my lineup. I'm also not dropping him because I know as soon as I do that he'll be productive for some other guy.

58 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yes. That's why I can't put him in my lineup. I'm also not dropping him because I know as soon as I do that he'll be productive for some other guy.

Didn't he just play the entire game last week and is off the injury report?

1 hour ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

chance of him getting re-injured and sits out 3/4 of the game?

There is a chance, but I choose not to play fantasy football scared. He played last week. Played heavy snaps and isn't on the injury report this week. If you don't start him this week in a game with a 50pt over under and Seattle likely playing from behind and needing to pass a ton, you should just drop him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

There is a chance, but I choose not to play fantasy football scared. He played last week. Played heavy snaps and isn't on the injury report this week. If you don't start him this week in a game with a 50pt over under and Seattle likely playing from behind and needing to pass a ton, you should just drop him. 

It makes sense to play him but u worry Wilson won't deliver him the ball. Lots of 3 and outs, that's what I'm most worried about.

There is a chance, but I choose not to play fantasy football scared.

Huh? Lol. This has nothing to do with anything. He's not on the injury report, he's as healthy as he's going to be. There's nothing to worry about reinjuring.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Panamared said:

It makes sense to play him but u worry Wilson won't deliver him the ball. Lots of 3 and outs, that's what I'm most worried about.

He's been Russ's safety net for years, I'm not trying to project a team's snap counts ahead of time. If he's on the field and they're playing from behind then you can expect him to get the ball.

1 minute ago, MJ10162 said:

Huh? Lol. This has nothing to do with anything. He's not on the injury report, he's as healthy as he's going to be. There's nothing to worry about reinjuring.

Really? He's not on the injury report? It's almost as if I said that exact same thing in my post......

10 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Didn't he just play the entire game last week and is off the injury report?

Yes, but I went into the first game knowing his issue and that cost me a win. So, yeah. Just because he made through last game really means nothing with him. Play roulette if you want. I have lots of healthy WR on my team that can put up points. He's already a walking injury.

13 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Lol, I wouldn't say that playing your healthy WRs is playing scared. I'd call that playing smart. Unless you think Dougie is going to put up a 30 spot or something?!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yes, but I went into the first game knowing his issue and that cost me a win. So, yeah. Just because he made through last game really means nothing with him. Play roulette if you want. I have lots of healthy WR on my team that can put up points. He's already a walking injury.

The walking injury before this year, who has only missed 2 games in his entire 7 game career and is a 2016 and 2017 1st team all pro. He is as tough as nails they are gonna be down and he will at minimum get 12 targets.

Just now, FitzMagic said:

Lol, I wouldn't say that playing your healthy WRs is playing scared. I'd call that playing smart. Unless you think Dougie is going to put up a 30 spot or something?!

Baldwin is not on the injury report. He isn't going to get any  healthier the more he plays and gets hit. His knees aren't going to get better over the course of the season.  

Baldwin is not on the injury report. He isn't going to get any  healthier the more he plays and gets hit. His knees aren't going to get better over the course of the season.  

Exactly my point. There is no mystery here.

1 target by half? Are you kidding me? His value is dead at bottom now 

2 minutes ago, lindown said:

1 target by half? Are you kidding me? His value is dead at bottom now 

Yeah. Is he even open, or looking fluid out there? This is ridiculous. Held onto this guy this long and can't even produce. 

Just now, FreakFries said:

So, ...

Droppable?

Are you in a 4 team league? If so then, yes. 

If not, shut up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FreakFries said:

So, ...

Droppable?

No, looked good last week, so this week could just be a freak performance

1 target in a high scoring game, for a guy who was supposed to be peppered with volume this season on a team with a non-existant receiving corps. You can't make this s--- up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, atrium said:

1 target in a high scoring game, for a guy who was supposed to be peppered with volume this season on a team with a non-existant receiving corps. You can't make this s--- up.

You can start to wonder if Baldwin and his banged up 30 year old knees are dunzo. 

Wilson has 9 completions to WRs.

Yes. This Baldwin performance BLOWS, but cmon!

This place has no inbetween. Either let’s add some one hit wonder and blow all our faab on him or let’s drop a player like Todd Gurley, in our 8 team league, because he had a down week. 

• Like 1