Sign in to follow this  
Gramps

Simple Trade - Advice? WHIR!

Standard 12-team 5x5 roto.  Which side has more value...  Brandon Belt for Bradley Zimmer?  Just looking to get a little more power for some depth.  Not a big fan of Belt, so I am leaning to no, but wanted your advice before I made the move.  Thanks in advance!

For just raw power a chance to get a home run on a day one of these guys spells a starter, Belt. However Zimmer had a little pop last year and also chipped in some decent steals in under 300 plate attempts. With more at bats this season and if he develops more consistency, he could be a pretty handy bench bat. Belt is the safer option though. As disappointing as his power numbers have been, don't think he's ever hit more than 20, he's likely to be the more reliable bench bat of the too and better power source. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gramps said:

Standard 12-team 5x5 roto.  Which side has more value...  Brandon Belt for Bradley Zimmer?  Just looking to get a little more power for some depth.  Not a big fan of Belt, so I am leaning to no, but wanted your advice before I made the move.  Thanks in advance!

Is this a one-year or dynasty format?

For one-year I stick with Belt. He'll provide decent pop and overall production.

Zimmer still inconsistent, not fully developed and thus for this year he takes a back seat to Belt. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonywow said:

For just raw power a chance to get a home run on a day one of these guys spells a starter, Belt. However Zimmer had a little pop last year and also chipped in some decent steals in under 300 plate attempts. With more at bats this season and if he develops more consistency, he could be a pretty handy bench bat. Belt is the safer option though. As disappointing as his power numbers have been, don't think he's ever hit more than 20, he's likely to be the more reliable bench bat of the too and better power source. 

Agreed.

• Like 1

I would also stick with Belt as well.  Hopefully he remains healthy this year and the power reaches its full potential.  Thanks for the help with mine.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stars & Stripes said:

Is this a one-year or dynasty format?

For one-year I stick with Belt. He'll provide decent pop and overall production.

Zimmer still inconsistent, not fully developed and thus for this year he takes a back seat to Belt. 

I agree with this

• Like 1

While I think Belt will outperform Zimmer for fantasy purposes, Zimmer is more exciting and presents a higher ceiling. How much of a risk you wanna take?

If this is a keeper/dynasty league, I'd go with the higher upside in Zimmer. If it's a redraft, I'd keep Belt. 

Help with mine?

Get Belt.