Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carlos Correa

Ronald Acuna 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, Steelers72 said:

The hype around this guy reminds me of Gregory Polanco. Called him a 5 tool player yadda ya. ESPN anaylsts like Karabel were like he will be the best ever, must add. We all know how Polanco turned out.

Polanco was barely a Top 25 minor league prospect on most lists heading into 2014 (the year he got the call up). Acuna was the unquestioned #1 prospect with a lot of hype surrounding him. These guys were not comparable. Byron Buxton was actually the Top dog in 2014 with X Bogaerts, J Baez, C Correa, F Lindor and Oscar Tavares (RIP) right behind him. Polanco was in a different dynasty tier. 

You can still walk on a severe sprain or tear that can require surgery. It all just depends. Fingers crossed 

Looks like a hyper extended knee to me since it's the exact thing Harper did last year but opinions about injuries on here mean nothing until the MRI tells us the story.

One of the worst hyper extensions I’ve seen. Could still easily be a tear but obv great that he was able to walk off ok. I would imagine best case scenario it’s a bone bruise like Harper’s similar injury last year and he’s out 2-3 weeks. 

11 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

Speaking of Acuna, who the hell is this? More genius RotoWorld writing.

Capture.png

Isn't that Camargo? Lol

He'll be alright. I'm not a doctor but I'm on WebMD a lot.

Jays watched this injury and will keep vlad jr down for another two years now 

Here is the link from MLB.com:

https://www.mlb.com/news/ronald-acuna-injured-leaves-game-at-boston/c-278543906

Too busy trying to watch the umpire rather than watching where he was running to.  The Commentator, like the poster above, also mentioned that it reminded him of Harper's injury.  He walks off the field on his own power, which is a really good sign.  It actually looks like he is more concerned about his back, you see him grab the back and wincing kind of.  Hopefully not a long absence and that he's avoided serious injury.

I've been watching MLB Tonight on the MLB Network and for whatever reason they have not shown highlight of that game nor have they even mentioned the injury. Is anybody else tuning in to hear about what happened today?

1 minute ago, Cdub2k said:

I've been watching MLB Tonight on the MLB Network and for whatever reason they have not shown highlight of that game nor have they even mentioned the injury. Is anybody else tuning in to hear about what happened today?

They won't have any more information until it is released by the Braves.