Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carlos Correa

Ronald Acuna 2018 Outlook

12 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

They won't have any more information until it is released by the Braves.  

That's true but I feel that it is very strange that I've been watching this show for the past 90 minutes with no highlights of that particular game. Instead, I've gotten a steady diet of the Indians/Astros extra inning game. At least 30 minutes on that game alone

Nice to know the rookie I had high hopes for is a complete klutz.

2 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

Too busy trying to watch the umpire rather than watching where he was running to.

Not just watching.  But turning his body so he could give the ump the safe sign. Moving his arms into a safe sign position aimed at the ump twisted his body even more to the side and lead to the injury.  Hey kid, you were easily safe and the ump got it right and he knows how to give the safe sign without messing up his knee so leave it to him.  Let him do his job and you do your job and stop getting yourself injured right out of your gate of possible awesome destiny.

Man that play especially in slo-mo looked brutal.

Well, it will be a nervous night for many.  All speculation right now.  I would think there is something in the tests though and they need to consult with team orthos.  If all tests came back 'normal', there is no need to wait to evaluate the results, imo.

Just now, kidtwentytwo said:

Good news, hopefully

They tell me that Ronald Acuña's MRI scan went well. He only suffered a few blows, he must receive a few days for the knee to deflate. Tomorrow they will tell you how many days they will be.

5 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Good news, hopefully

Excellent, only golpes

4 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

"They tell me".  His family?  Sure as hell not the team.

Hes a Venezuelan baseball journalist for Univision.  Likely close to Acuna.  Vague, but at this point I’ll take it as a ray of hope.  

14 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Excellent, only golpes

Once they deflate his knee he should be fine.

Santana checked in on him on Twitter and Acuna said “all goood thanks to God”.  Just posting what he said.  

6 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Once they deflate his knee he should be fine.

Somebody get Tom Brady to Atlanta ASAP.

It is probably good his back hurts.  It probably took a lot of the force of the blow instead of his knee.

While I think it's similar to what Harper went through last year, it seems like Acuna was more sideways when he extended his knee. I'm hoping he can bounce back quickly from it, but since he is gonna be the face of the franchise-- I'd say let him sit for as long as possible to make sure he's fully healed. This may not affect him too badly right now, but (like Derick Rose) a second injury to the same leg could be devastating. 

Doctor on Twitter said expect a 4-6 week layoff.  I’m ok with this.

10 hours ago, B&F said:

It is probably good his back hurts.  It probably took a lot of the force of the blow instead of his knee.

If you look at it, the damage to the knee was done as much as it was going to be. The damage to the back was only secondary.  We’re lucky it wasn’t a complete LCL year. (2-3 months) vs. what it probably is (grade 2 sprain - 4 weeks or so).