Carlos Correa

Ronald Acuna 2018 Outlook

Got to think a DL stint is coming. Sucks it looks like they won't be announcing it until after lineups lock for weekly leagues. Just hoping for no major tears.

8 minutes ago, The General said:

Got to think a DL stint is coming. Sucks it looks like they won't be announcing it until after lineups lock for weekly leagues. Just hoping for no major tears.

Acuna reportedly tweeted that all was good.  He's likely to have some swelling from the hyperextension, but no tears and if he only misses 3-4 weeks I would consider he was very fortunate to escape a night-marish injury, which may have also affected his playing career long-term.  

Edited by BigPapi44
  • Like 2

Guessing the best timetable is 3-4 weeks, but that could still be a great scenario considering it looked like it was season-ending. 

14 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

Well, it will be a nervous night for many.  All speculation right now.  I would think there is something in the tests though and they need to consult with team orthos.  If all tests came back 'normal', there is no need to wait to evaluate the results, imo.

If fantasy baseball is causing you "nervous nights", it may be time to re-evaluate your life.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CAT said:

If fantasy baseball is causing you "nervous nights", it may be time to re-evaluate your life.

What about nervous days?  Do I need to re-evaluate things if it makes me nervous before sundown?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The Braves don't expect to receive MRI results on Ronald Acuna (knee, back) until Monday afternoon. 
src: Mark Bowman

42 minutes ago, CAT said:

Thanks for your contribution. ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Carlos Correa said:

A Grade II ACL sprain is about a 6 week recovery time from what I've seen online.

yea I read Harper was out 3 months with similar injury last year..guess everyone heals differently so we will see..expect them to be cautious with Acuna though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

Yeah but that's clearly not what he has.  He has all sorts of additional bruising, so he clearly did more damage than just the ACL.  Also, the Braves are likely to be extremely cautious with this.  Granted, this is obviously "good news" at this point...but don't expect him back in 2 weeks, imo.

Edited by CAT

Knee ligament sprains/contusions can vary pretty significantly timeline wise. I'm glad they're optimistic but the 2 week timeline seems like the best possible situation.  Here's hoping.

If only all my fantasy players had 19 year old ligaments.  So happy to hear. 

I seriously doubt it's a two week timeline regardless of how minor the sprain. Why even rush it?

i predict this being more in the scope of month or 2. As someone else stated here, why even risk it with such young player, let him heal up and extra time.

Edited by DJSatane
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

i predict this being more in the scope of month or 2. As someone else stated here, why even risk it with such young player, let him heal up and extra time.

as a dynasty owner i'm just happy they believe he'll get to continue his development at some point this season.  really thought it was gonna be a considerable setback, still could be, but arrow pointing up.

7 minutes ago, ragrag said:

as a dynasty owner i'm just happy they believe he'll get to continue his development at some point this season.  really thought it was gonna be a considerable setback, still could be, but arrow pointing up.

Exactly. Take lots of time, come back after all star break and continue the development. Hopefully