Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carlos Correa

Ronald Acuna 2018 Outlook

Post all star break seems like a reasonable timeline.

25 minutes ago, treat88 said:

Ahhh, to be 19 again. 

He is 20. That's still good news though.

2 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

He is 20. That's still good news though.

Yeah, lol. Show you how Acuna has a sprained ACL and a sore back and he's out there wanting to play and running around while Miguel Cabrera at 35 needs a month off over a hamstring. That's age for ya lol.

we have any idea how long he will be out for?  arent grade 1 acl sprains in the 4-6 week range for full recovery?

No way is he coming back already unless he has a secret medical degree in internal medicine from the Doogie Howser Med school.

47 minutes ago, HelloMelo said:

June 8

If everything goes well he would return for their June 8-10 series at some point.  It just depends, they certainly wont rush him either.

Just now, jahweedum said:

If everything goes well he would return for their June 8-10 series at some point.  It just depends, they certainly wont rush him either.

i thought thats when hes eligible to come off, but that would actually be when they would re-evaluate the injury.  i would think he would still need another week or two minimum at that point....

5 minutes ago, herschel said:

thought thats when hes eligible to come off, but that would actually be when they would re-evaluate the injury

"There's a possibility Acuna could return to the Braves' lineup as early as June 8, for the start of a three-game series against the Dodgers. But Snitker said the team's medical staff has not yet targeted a date for Acuna to begin running, taking batting practice or any of the other steps he will need to take before being cleared to play again."

"ATLANTA -- Ronald Acuna Jr. had no trouble throwing his left leg over the railing to join in the celebration that followed Johan Carmargo's walk-off home run Tuesday night."

Ronald Acuna (knee) has yet to resume baseball activities.

David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Acuna is "progressing but is still sore." It's possible but not a given that he will be cleared to resume baseball activities later this week, and he will need a rehab assignment before being activated. In other words, he's not going to be ready by this weekend when he's first eligible and his return date remains up in the air at the moment.

2 days ago Snitker was interviewed about the injured players and asked about Acuna. He said he's been running and hitting off the tee as well as doing some drills in the outfield. Said he's feeling good and they'll continue to work him out and see how he feels. No timetable has been specified still on his return. There's been speculation from a number of sources close to the Braves saying he could go on a rehab assignment early this week and could return by this weekend but nothing official yet. All in all this is a best case scenario based on how badly that hyperextension looked. 

There has been an update on Acuna ladies and gentleman!

New Player Note Tue, Jun 12

Ronald Acuna (knee) is aiming to begin a minor league rehab assignment on Thursday.

Advice: Acuna has been running without discomfort for the last couple of days and told reporters on Tuesday afternoon that he feels ready for live action. The 20-year-old outfielder could return to the Braves' active roster by early next week if everything goes smoothly from here. He had a .779 OPS with five home runs and two stolen bases through his first 29 major league games when he landed on the disabled list May 28 with a mild ACL sprain in his left knee.

More: Mark Bowman on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

I know he is anxious to get back out there but I just hope that they don't let him come back unless he is 100% healthy. 

8 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

I know he is anxious to get back out there but I just hope that they don't let him come back unless he is 100% healthy. 

I get the concern but I would be shocked if the Braves did that given how important he is to their future. 

monday seems a bit optimistic, but at least this is happening....

Ronald Acuna (knee) will begin a minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Gwinnett on Friday.

Acuna is finally nearing a return from a sprained ACL he suffered late last month. Considered by many to be the top prospect in baseball, the 20-year-old Venezuelan native has slashed .265/.326/.453 with five homers in 117 at-bats for Atlanta this year. If all goes well in Gwinnett, he could be activated for Monday's series opener against Cincinnati.

23 minutes ago, herschel said:

monday seems a bit optimistic, but at least this is happening....

Ronald Acuna (knee) will begin a minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Gwinnett on Friday.

Acuna is finally nearing a return from a sprained ACL he suffered late last month. Considered by many to be the top prospect in baseball, the 20-year-old Venezuelan native has slashed .265/.326/.453 with five homers in 117 at-bats for Atlanta this year. If all goes well in Gwinnett, he could be activated for Monday's series opener against Cincinnati.

Sad day, Vlad goes back to being the #2 prospect in the minor leagues now.

Come back soon Ron! My team only has 43 k's through 4 days, with you on my team we would have 50! Can't wait for those 3ks a game to come back! 

1 hour ago, Grace17 said:

Come back soon Ron! My team only has 43 k's through 4 days, with you on my team we would have 50! Can't wait for those 3ks a game to come back! 

Who picks up a 20-year-old in a k-league? 20-year-olds that don't strike out are unicorns.