Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carlos Correa

Ronald Acuna 2018 Outlook

Likely still compensating for the knee. 

That said, I think as casual fans we would be surprised at the conditioning and dietary habits of some professional athletes.  Often times I think they fall far short of what we would expect. 

I have no clue about Acunas habits, and many are very dedicated. Others tho, not so much. 

3 hours ago, herschel said:

Out of the lineup again today.

Fine with this. Rest him until Tues 

1 hour ago, JDL88 said:

This guy reminds me of Justin Upton in a bad way.

When hot it’s really hot. When  old it’s ice cold.

1 hour ago, JDL88 said:

This guy reminds me of Justin Upton in a bad way.

Damn man...that stung more than I'd like to admit. Upsettingly poignant. Well done/I hate you. 

what do you see this value in keeper league. hard to gauge. 

35 minutes ago, floppy said:

In deeper keepers I'd still say it's pretty high.  His year has so far been derailed by injuries, but there was a reason he was so highly touted.  He may not have the on base skills of a guy like Soto but he was still a high average guy through the minors so I think the average and K rate should improve.  More importantly though he has easy power and speed to be a 20+/20+ true 5 category contributor in a solid line up which is fantasy gold.  Just gotta be patient and hope.

42 minutes ago, floppy said:

Still very high in my book. I own him in a dynasty and would need a haul. This season is what should have reasonably been expected of a 20-year-old. He's struggling with strikeouts but the batted ball profile is worth getting excited about. I'd also imagine the speed shows up when he's healthy and gets more comfortable at the Major League level. 153 AB's is a blip; I'm not changing my valuation too dramatically until I have a much bigger sample.

On 7/12/2018 at 12:02 AM, johnnyboy8102 said:

What is everyone doing in redraft? Has been tough to own since he came back from the DL. 

I don't own him in my league but I wouldn't drop him and it's not a good time to trade him, either. 

I'm hoping that his return from the DL is similar to his first taste of each level. He struggled for a bit, then went nuts. Hopefully the ASB doesn't start this made up clock over, and he comes out blazing. 

On 7/12/2018 at 12:02 AM, johnnyboy8102 said:

What is everyone doing in redraft? Has been tough to own since he came back from the DL. 

Can't drop him. If I were an owner I'd bench him and wait. Maybe once he hits a nice hot streak try and sell him on name value/prospect hype to an overeager owner. Or just stick with him as he's more than capable of going on an August/September tear himself. 

15 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Batting leadoff!  Time to shine.

Wonder what the reasoning was behind the move. It did seem as if he performed better at the top of the lineup when he first got the call. I really hope it stays this way. 

21 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

Wonder what the reasoning was behind the move. It did seem as if he performed better at the top of the lineup when he first got the call. I really hope it stays this way. 

Braves are 3-7 in their last 10, I am sure they are trying to shuffle some things around.  

2 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

1-1 with a SB is a good start.

Single, double, homer, walk 2 SB, Not a bad game for the leadoff hitter.

4 minutes ago, JDL88 said:

Single, double, homer, walk 2 SB, Not a bad game for the leadoff hitter.

Triple short of the cycle?

Om nom nom nom nom