Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carlos Correa

Ronald Acuna 2018 Outlook

I think the Upton comparison that was brought up earlier is pretty valid, as much as it killed me.  Massive power/speed upside who is very likely to put up impressive year long stats, but some swing and miss that makes him a hit-or-miss week-to-week play. Should be fun to watch.

I hope he is a more consistent contributer  compared to Upton and hit for higher BA. I see Acuna as more of a lead off catalyst guy. 

22 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I hope he is a more consistent contributer  compared to Upton and hit for higher BA. I see Acuna as more of a lead off catalyst guy. 

J Up makes no sense to me as a dbacks fan. Guy finally cut down the K's his last two years with the team and then once he left it's like he said F it just gonna K 25+% of the time from here on out.

Acuna has a rough K-rate but his underlying contact rates are on par or better than Upton's two best seasons on the dbacks k-rate wise when upton was sub 20%, so I think with some seasoning he should be able to cut it down to a respectable level.

This guys Ks are absolutely murdering me (it’s a stat in my format). Even on a day when he contributes its minimum 2ks a game. 30% with a .330 OBP is a not what I thought he was as a player. Oh well, only 20 years old but crap, could of had Soto! 

On 8/10/2018 at 4:50 PM, Grace17 said:

This guys Ks are absolutely murdering me (it’s a stat in my format). Even on a day when he contributes its minimum 2ks a game. 30% with a .330 OBP is a not what I thought he was as a player. Oh well, only 20 years old but crap, could of had Soto! 

Lol, you sound ridiculous. Don’t draft 20 y/o rookies if you can’t handle some K’s

kids a stud 

6 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

Lol, you sound ridiculous. Don’t draft 20 y/o rookies if you can’t handle some K’s

kids a stud 

Or just be sure to draft Soto next year - he’ll be 20!

17 hours ago, Carlos Correa said:

4 homers in his last 5 games now. 

Yea he's been crushing the ball since batting leadoff. How can anyone not be impressed with his production so far? 15 HR, 42 R, 34 RBI and 7 SB in only 64 games. This kid has legit 30+ HR/20+ SB upside.

The only OF with a higher wRC+, wOBA and OPS since the ASB are Martinez, Yelich, Davis, Peralta and Harper.

44 minutes ago, herschel said:

where do people see him going in redraft next season?  how early?

I think he’s going to make someone an amazing second round pick. 

that 2-run single was absolutely laced. Any loft and that ball is 390+ feet. 

this guy oozes so much talent it's unreal. 

This is a Mookie like stat line! This kid is so much fun to watch. 

Acuna showing us why he was so hyped up coming into the year.  Power/Speed on full display today.  :wub:

30/30 floor next year if he stays healthy. Top 5 OF. Wouldn't trade away for many in a keeper.

3 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Guys he's still striking out too much. 

If your league doesn't penalize you for strikeouts, it doesn't really matter lol

1 hour ago, TTRA1N said:

30/30 floor next year if he stays healthy. Top 5 OF. Wouldn't trade away for many in a keeper.

Thats not how a "floor" works.

Considering there hasn't been a single 30/30 season in the past 5 years, I'll take the under.

2 hours ago, herschel said:

where do people see him going in redraft next season?  how early?

I always avoid second year players unless they have a really low K% which Acuna does not have.  

That strategy has served me well.  Bellinger looked like a superstar last season.  He can barely get playing time this year.  Not that Bellinger is as good as Acuna but I do not think he will return his ADP next season.

Acuna turned minors into video game last year.... everyone said, "kid majors is different ballgame, gonna get real" and Acuna smells blood now.