Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carlos Correa

Ronald Acuna 2018 Outlook

34 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

If your league doesn't penalize you for strikeouts, it doesn't really matter lol

I was being facetious. 

23 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Thats not how a "floor" works.

Considering there hasn't been a single 30/30 season in the past 5 years, I'll take the under.

Lol well there will be atleast 2 this year. With an outside chance of 4. So I'll take a chance with my "floor".

47 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Lol well there will be atleast 2 this year. With an outside chance of 4. So I'll take a chance with my "floor".

I think his upside is 30/30, with a floor of struggling with K’s and batting in the bottom of the lineup. 

1 hour ago, TTRA1N said:

Again, you're demonstrating a fundamental misunderstanding of the term floor. 

30/30 is in no way the worst we can expect out of Acuna next year. Its more like his ceiling if everything goes perfectly.

31 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

I think his upside is 30/30, with a floor of struggling with K’s and batting in the bottom of the lineup. 

i think he would need to struggle fairly mightily to be demoted to the bottom of the lineup.  his speed is too much of a tool for him to not lead off, even with the k's.  acuna-albies-freeman is a pretty tough 1-2-3.  i would put his floor next season at around 25/20.  given his track record and how he has performed in the second half, it would be pretty difficult for him not to hit those numbers barring an injury...

5 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

Has he had enough starts in cf to be cf eligible next year?

For Yahoo he's 1 start away or 2 appearances away from being CF eligible next season. I like those odds. Not sure about other sites' eligibility requirements.

The face(on the replay) of the pitcher after.... "damn i should have started off with something in the dirt!"

He feeds and draws strength off of Justin Upton comparisons 

4 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

mark bowman clearly made up "harry hopper"

Image result for harry hopper baseball

Today he went...

5 of 8 with 2 walks

5 runs

5 RBIs

2 homers

1 steal

Thats a great week.