Rotoworld.com Forums

Ronald Acuna 2018 Outlook

Carlos Correa

4 hours ago, dkrocka said:

Yeah? Take the top 12 overall players drafted in the first round today. Review if they were drafted in the top 50 in their second year. You'll find that bryant might be the only one that supports to not accept, say, a Christian yelich swap.

Wait what? You lost me. Your comment was about blue Chip prospects that "fail" greatly outweighing those that succeed.  Acuna wasn't drafted in the too 12 picks anywhere why is that a bench mark?  And how would he be a "failure" if his ADP was more than 50 next year? 

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dkrocka said:

You'll find the odds of acuna getting drafted in the top 50 are not even close to 50 percent. With that said he would have to massively exceed reasonable expectations where you don't turn a profit right now.

The last prospects I can remember with comparable CVs were Trout and Harper. The next will be Vlad and maybe Soto with any luck. A guy who flat out mashes the upper minors as a child, without hiccups, is different than the Bregmans, Profars, Reeds and Judges of the world. Even Correa was a year behind, age to level. Top 40-100 this year is not guaranteed, but yeah reasonable. And .235/.300/.680 would surprise me about as much as would top 20.

36 minutes ago, BooFinn said:

I traded away Acuna for Altuve straight up in a dynasty league, cash in on the hype!

Barring injury, it's not a matter if, but when you start regretting... Haha okay, no not really but maybe. That's a decent deal that reflects what it takes to get this guy. I like the Acuna side in dynasty not redraft, but it's a near thing.

6 hours ago, dkrocka said:

Yeah? Take the top 12 overall players drafted in the first round today. Review if they were drafted in the top 50 in their second year. You'll find that bryant might be the only one that supports to not accept, say, a Christian yelich swap.

English please

9 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

In a yearly league u sell now for a top 50 player and take the instant profit based on the pedigree. 

I'm a dynasty owner but don't hate this take. In a yearly, I'd probably lock in a Yelich type for him.

That being said, even in the last few hitless games, he's not striking out and I know at least one of the outs was a screamer to the warning track, so the two-game "slump" doesn't concern me much.

6 hours ago, Febonacci said:

What would take for acuna in a keeper league? I'm in a 3 year keeper and flipped acuna for severino.

Someone who would most definitely help me win this year. I have him in a 3 year keeper as well. Picks degenerate 2 rounds per keep. So got him in the 9th and will keep him 9th, 7th, and 5th. So if he ends up being at least a 4th round talent the next 3 years he would still return excess value. Also you cant keep 1st rounders. So for me I would need to get back 1st round talent. But keepers are all so different so I dont know how this take will help anyone else.

2 minutes ago, tingyangs6 said:

This guy just won a game for the Braves. That home run was so fun to watch and that swing of his. C'mon, its silent tonight in this thread. It's suppose to be the thread of year. 

He had the monster shot and another screamer of an out to center in his last at bat. Even the outs are hit hard. 

14 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

He can fly around the bases, only a matter of time before the steals increase.

Not as long as he’s hitting in front of Freeman.

Think it was Jeff Sullivan of Fangraphs who mentioned it in his chat yesterday but the only player in baseball who had seen a higher % of pitches middle-middle than Acuna so far this season has been Jarrod Dyson. Might explain the great start out of the gates.

Archived