Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

Do you think these "high stakes" leagues have much better competition and are more knowledgeable, or do you think they just have bigger bank rolls? 

 

I don't know about taking an unproven 6 overall with so many other proven commodities at that spot. 

 

I'm not saying it's dumb or anything, but maybe a bit too high for me. 

 

Man... 4 goals in like 10 minutes. Picked a good day to watch my first hockey game in like 3 years 

 

Usually early (before July) drafts in high-stakes leagues (entry fee $250+) are filled with sharks who have won these leagues several times in the past. Definitely not for the faint of heart...they tend to be right more than wrong in their calculated risks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

Usually early (before July) drafts in high-stakes leagues (entry fee $250+) are filled with sharks who have won these leagues several times in the past. Definitely not for the faint of heart...they tend to be right more than wrong in their calculated risks. 

 

I honestly wouldnt consider a fee of under $1k as 'high stakes'  $250 is a steakhouse dinner for 2 with 1 side and no alcohol + the tip.

$250-500 is the range that keeps people active from draft day to playoffs

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

I honestly wouldnt consider a fee of under $1k as 'high stakes'  $250 is a steakhouse dinner for 2 with 1 side and no alcohol + the tip.

$250-500 is the range that keeps people active from draft day to playoffs

 

That's a lot of talk. What is the highest stakes league you play in?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lol. It's not like there's really much to discuss here, but this thread is dissolving quickly lol. 

 

I had $500 the other day, and I threw it in the trash because it meant so little to me. 

 

If you really did, that's not good. You could have saved many lives by donating it to organizations that provide clean water around the world. 

 

I'm expecting Barkley to give me opportunities to donate some more winnings to charity at season's end.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This really went downhill after I posted several actual full games of Barkley -  clearly showing his “horrible games” had a lot more to do with hopeless run blocking  than “dancing and bouncing everything outside” 

 

 

I guess without that exaggerated criticism, we get this nonsense. “My league entry fee is bigger than your leagues entry fee.” Grow up, your embarrassing yourselves.

 

Saquon Barkley, top 3 PPR RB - /thread

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

That's a lot of talk. What is the highest stakes league you play in?

 

That's my opinion no different than you using some marketing term of high stakes to infer it means something more than simply a pay to play league.

You see that's the difference between us. I don't qualify things as 'high stakes' as if it has more meaning and weight in terms of draft intelligence.  

I find the correlation between pay and free leagues is not the skill level of the opponent but rather the season long participation and effort.

 

Also insinuating that somehow I have not played in nor have the means to play in a high stakes league is rather silly. You may as well just ask me to send you a copy of my tax return. I will say this I have participated in leagues that have been the price of several steakhouse dinners with sides and alcohol but those were more for business situations rather than personal enjoyment and thus worth the expense.:)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

This really went downhill after I posted several actual full games of Barkley -  clearly showing his “horrible games” had a lot more to do with hopeless run blocking  than “dancing and bouncing everything outside” 

 

 

I guess without that exaggerated criticism, we get this nonsense. “My league entry fee is bigger than your leagues entry fee.” Grow up, your embarrassing yourselves.

 

Saquon Barkley, top 3 PPR RB - /thread

 

 

 

I think that people started ignoring your spam posts of Barkleys college reels weeks ago but you never caught on. No one cares about his college tape now that he is an NFL rb and OTA's have started. You are still stuck in NFL draft mode.

We care about the news coming out of camp.

Make yourself useful and find us some twitter clips of what he is doing in camp or designed plays, after all you did tell us you have a guy inside the organization who gets you free season parking for your RV correct?:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

FFtoday PPR projections are out and they have Barkley ranked as the No 14 RB with:

 

248 Att.  |  1115 Yds Rushing  |  8 Rush TD  |   35 Rec  |  35 Rec   |   255 Yds Rec   |   2 Rec TD  =  226 PPR Pts

 

From what I've been hearing about his pass catching ability this is a little light on the receiving side. Giants' backs average around 100 receptions over the last 3 years. Granted a lot of that has been bc of Vereen who is a specialist, but I still think that if in a workhorse role Barkley is due for over 50 catches this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

I honestly wouldnt consider a fee of under $1k as 'high stakes'  $250 is a steakhouse dinner for 2 with 1 side and no alcohol + the tip.

$250-500 is the range that keeps people active from draft day to playoffs

 

Having good owners keeps people active from draft day to playoffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

Usually early (before July) drafts in high-stakes leagues (entry fee $250+) are filled with sharks who have won these leagues several times in the past. Definitely not for the faint of heart...they tend to be right more than wrong in their calculated risks. 

 

LOL at Fantasy Football 'Sharks'

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

Do you think these "high stakes" leagues have much better competition and are more knowledgeable, or do you think they just have bigger bank rolls? 

 

I don't know about taking an unproven 6 overall with so many other proven commodities at that spot. 

 

I'm not saying it's dumb or anything, but maybe a bit too high for me. 

 

Man... 4 goals in like 10 minutes. Picked a good day to watch my first hockey game in like 3 years 

I saw someone grab hunt begginging of the 2nd round last season in one of those high stakes leagues. I thought it was way too early

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

FFtoday PPR projections are out and they have Barkley ranked as the No 14 RB with:

 

248 Att.  |  1115 Yds Rushing  |  8 Rush TD  |   35 Rec  |  35 Rec   |   255 Yds Rec   |   2 Rec TD  =  226 PPR Pts

 

From what I've been hearing about his pass catching ability this is a little light on the receiving side. Giants' backs average around 100 receptions over the last 3 years. Granted a lot of that has been bc of Vereen who is a specialist, but I still think that if in a workhorse role Barkley is due for over 50 catches this year. 

 

Those receiving projections are absurdly low 

 

I think he puts up 1,000 rushing and 600 receiving. He is going to catch 60+ receptions 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

That's my opinion no different than you using some marketing term of high stakes to infer it means something more than simply a pay to play league.

You see that's the difference between us. I don't qualify things as 'high stakes' as if it has more meaning and weight in terms of draft intelligence.  

I find the correlation between pay and free leagues is not the skill level of the opponent but rather the season long participation and effort.

 

Also insinuating that somehow I have not played in nor have the means to play in a high stakes league is rather silly. You may as well just ask me to send you a copy of my tax return. I will say this I have participated in leagues that have been the price of several steakhouse dinners with sides and alcohol but those were more for business situations rather than personal enjoyment and thus worth the expense.:)

 

 

Lots of talk for not answering the simple question that was asked...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

Lots of talk for not answering the simple question that was asked...

 

Does the answer even matter?

 

This is the internet.  We all got sick cars, sexy women, and enough money to feed the needy.

 

We are always right and never wrong... until you quote us saying what we said a year ago, but even then... we were all probably just misquoted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

my entry fee is $1k (all coupled up) and $250 FAAB limit using real dollars (gets added to the pot) and I would say at least 4 of the teams will never win and 2 will never finish over top 8 lol 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

hahahahahahahaha.....my entry fee is not more then $50. we play for pride not money because none of us "guys" have any money. but we have a hell of alot of pride.....we do have a trophy at the end of the year........and you cant buy that damn trophy with $$$$$ you gotta win it

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is zero correlation between how much money you spend on leagues and how good you are at fantasy football. 

 

Back to Barkley..

 

 

2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

There is zero correlation between how much money you spend on leagues and how good you are at fantasy football. 

 

Back to Barkley.

 

I disagree. While there is most likely a weak-at best correlation of Buy-In vs Skill, there is most likely some correlation between the ratio of (total income/$ spent on fantasy football) and how good one is at fantasy football (ie the odds of winning). 

 

If you look at the best daily fantasy players in the world they all put up huge $ on a daily basis because they believe that their system will work and have confidence that their big investment will reap returns. 

 

Now back to Barkley :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

I'd take him over both Gurley and Bell...only Zeke and DJ would I rather have. 

LOL.  Although Scott Pianowski at Yahoo does have him at #1 PPR, so maybe it's not that crazy... :/

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

You don't draft based on recency bias. At least you shouldn't if you want to win serious leagues.

I agree you don't draft on recency bias but you have to take into account which teams have better offenses, which teams seem to be improving versus regressing, which guys are more injury prone, which guys are one boneheaded move away from another lengthy suspension, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unlocked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...