Rotoworld.com Forums

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

2 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

might be time to adapt to the new times dude. These rookies are making huge impacts in the NFL right away and we've seen plenty of evidence for it already. I'm sure you missed out on Zeke's rookie year too with that mentality, he won many people championships his rookie year. Kamara, Hunt, Fournette, Cook , Mcaffrey all had success last year. 

Like I said, I can't draft EVERY stud.  If I'm going to miss out on a few, I would rather they come from the group who beat the odds to become studs, rather than the ones that were easy to see coming.  (Well, at least easy to see coming if your name is Axe Elf; if not, mileage may vary.)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a redraft league ....ppr....and i pick 7.....thats where i'm taking barkley.      1 gurley      2 bell     3 brown     4 kamara    5 elliott    6 djohns      7 barkley      8 hunt    9 fournette     10 hopkins      11 julio      12  gordon

6 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

i have a redraft league ....ppr....and i pick 7.....thats where i'm taking barkley.      1 gurley      2 bell     3 brown     4 kamara    5 elliott    6 djohns      7 barkley      8 hunt    9 fournette     10 hopkins      11 julio      12  gordon

I'm sorry to hear that.

Better luck next year!

37 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

And the correct pick at 1.07 would be.....?

For me, it's Fournette personally. 

If it goes like he has it outlined above in a PPR league, I'd take Hopkins and come back with Cook, Freeman or McCoy at 2.06.  Third round Fitz, fourth round Ajayi, fifth round Watson, sixth round Olsen.  Boom.

40 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

If it goes like he has it outlined above in a PPR league, I'd take Hopkins and come back with Cook, Freeman or McCoy at 2.06.  Third round Fitz, fourth round Ajayi, fifth round Watson, sixth round Olsen.  Boom.

I dig it. I might not make the same 2nd round pick, but I like the rest. 

Im gonna go with Fournette at 1.07 and then another PPR RB like McCaffrey or McCoy/Freeman. I'll pass on Dalvin here. I'm going to be really hoping I can get Doug Baldwin, Josh Gordon, or Fitz in the 3rd. If they're all gone, I'll go Rodgers. 4th give me Ertz. 5th give me Demaryius. 

9 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

I dig it. I might not make the same 2nd round pick, but I like the rest. 

Im gonna go with Fournette at 1.07 and then another PPR RB like McCaffrey or McCoy/Freeman. I'll pass on Dalvin here. I'm going to be really hoping I can get Doug Baldwin, Josh Gordon, or Fitz in the 3rd. If they're all gone, I'll go Rodgers. 4th give me Ertz. 5th give me Demaryius. 

That's fair too--except McCaffrey?  eh...  Not sure why you don't like Dalvin--and he's cheap to handcuff later with Murray, who would likely still be at least a RB2 type for the rest of the season if Cook can't stay healthy.  If he CAN stay healthy, he beasts--Kirk Cousins throwing to Chris Thompson ring a bell?  I'd accept McCoy/Freeman in the 2nd, preferring McCoy--but I prefer Cook to all of them.

Should still be able to get Fitz in the mid-3rd.  Having to settle for Gordon or Baldwin (give me Baldwin if you have to) would feel like a loss.  No QB should be taken before Deshaun Watson, and he should not be taken until the late fourth, early fifth.  If I have to do something other than Fitz in the 3rd, give me T.Y. Hilton.

So:

Watson

Cook/Ajayi

Hopkins/(Fitz or Hilton)/Garcon

(through 6)

vs

Fournette/McCaffrey

(Fitz or Baldwin or Gordon)/Demaryius

Ertz

(pending 6th round pick)

Who ya got and why?

2 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

Or you could just draft Barkley and Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, or AJ Green.  Not take Fitz in the 3rd because he has a 5th round ADP, and not waste early picks on players like Ajayi, Watson, and Olsen.

8 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

If he gains 2.4 yards per carry, that's 720 yards on the season.

And if he averages 7.2 ypc, that's 2160 yards on the season.  Good math.

1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:

Thank you - the absurdity needed to “knock” Barkley is getting kinda funny - and sad. 

Still waiting for the feedback regarding the “dances too much” after people actually watch the game film. I’d just love to know how many “bad/soft” runs people will point out after actually watching him - like he even had a chance on most of his “negative runs”

Everyone’s favorite “horrible” game. Looks like a lot more of lowering his shoulder and “grinding out 3 yards” than dancing / losing yardage 

Let me guess - “take away the kick return and the run where he ran between the tackles through an arm tackle and then effortlessly outran the defense for a score and he sucked”. 

11 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Or you could just draft Barkley and Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, or AJ Green.  Not take Fitz in the 3rd because he has a 5th round ADP, and not waste early picks on players like Ajayi, Watson, and Olsen.

FWIW, ESPN has Fitz ranked 26th in PPR.  I highly doubt anyone is going to be getting him in the 5th come August in PPR drafts.

12 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

FWIW, ESPN has Fitz ranked 26th in PPR.  I highly doubt anyone is going to be getting him in the 5th come August in PPR drafts.

Yeah crazy that's it a 2 round difference.  I think full ppr is such an idiotic thing though.  .5 ppr is better at evening out the playing field, but getting positive points for negative yardage just because you caught a pass behind the line of scrimmage is unbelievably stupid in my opinion.

34 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

getting positive points for negative yardage just because you caught a pass behind the line of scrimmage is unbelievably stupid in my opinion.

Oh c'mon, there's not even enough of those to make even a slightly noticeable difference.

32 minutes ago, kdko said:

Oh c'mon, there's not even enough of those to make even a slightly noticeable difference.

Just the fact that it CAN happen.  Getting a full point for catching a ball in the pros doesn't make much sense.  It's your job to catch the ball, its expected if it hits your hands.

4 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

And if he averages 7.2 yards per carry, they'll be breaking out the mittens in hell.

11 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

And if he averages 7.2 yards per carry, they'll be breaking out the mittens in hell.

Same as if he averaged 2.4.  I'm not even sure why that was mentioned.

2 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Same as if he averaged 2.4.  I'm not even sure why that was mentioned.

Because it's a lot more likely.  We concern ourselves with likelihoods here.

The last guy the Giants drafted to be their bellcow averaged 2.2 ypc last year.

1 hour ago, Experienced Rookie said:

Do the Giants have any RB on the roster who can catch the ball? Is Vareen gone?

Long gone ... and yes they do : Saquon Barkley 

"He is unique for me because he has quickness and he has speed. He can score touchdowns from any part of the field and he has a couple of things I am looking for," Shurmur said. "Number one, he can catch the football. That is first and foremost. He has great vision, and then he has what we call in coaching 'collision balance.' When he goes through the hole and someone tries to tackle him, he can keep his balance … This is a guy that can do everything."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/saquon-barkley-versatility-giants-excited-potential-article-1.3962382%3FoutputType%3Damp

I have his floor at 60 receptions (3-5 / game) 

His OC under Shurmur - the guy who gave Mccaffrey 80 receptions 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unlocked this topic

Archived