cohenstantinople

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

3 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

I would definitely consider him in the 3rd, but chances are, I'll never have the privilege of doing so.

???

6 hours ago, Breesus said:

32 pages and it’s not even training camp yet. I guess this is the new Derrick Henry thread :lol:

Yep. At least it is hype about a guy who has a chance to be very successful this time. Haha. 

• Like 1

9 minutes of TDs

I’m partial to the ones he plows through defenders at the goal line.

The effortless TDs in the passing game, and the ones he flashes the breakaway speed / absurd athleticism, are cool too I guess.

10 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

9 minutes of TDs

I’m partial to the ones he plows through defenders at the goal line.

The effortless TDs in the passing game, and the ones he flashes the breakaway speed / absurd athleticism, are cool too I guess.

He looks great- against boys.  

I think it’s important to remember that only the very best of the best in college even get a chance to play on Sundays.   We all like the skill set and potential-  just not if I have to pass up a Bell or DJ to find out. 

Edited by Impreza178

15 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Thank you - I’ve embraced the ignore feature more and more as I learn that certain posters are literally trolling with no knowledge of (reality) football whatsover. 

Not even worth the acknowledgement of a debate.

Years ago you could actually discuss real football on here. Now it’s 99% emoji-laden “burns” from people who probably don’t even understand the game outside of Maddenx power rankings. and “expert” ranks. 

I’m actually going to bed, so don’t take this the wrong way ... Good night.

You still have to be realistic though, as from what I've seen from most of your predictions, other posters here have every logical right to question them. 

The 350 touch number. 

The 10 yards per catch number. 

Those 2 in particular. For a rookie RB, those would be absolutely elite numbers. It's hard to predict that outcome with any scale of confidence. For instance, I'll bet you any amount of money that SQ doesn't achieve 10 yards per catch. 

On 6/21/2018 at 7:47 PM, Axe Elf said:

Shane Vereen, Wayne Gallman and Paul Perkins averaged 5.8, 5.7 and 5.8 yards per catch respectively for the Giants last year.

and this is why barkley was drafted #2 overall

19 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

This is why you are a fool to discredit the amount of volume a guy that was taken number 2 overall will get. You are being obtusely stubborn and defying simple probability. 

yeah baby......i will be taking him at #7.....dont get me wrong....i love fournette. love hunt. love mccoy. love gordon.....but i love barkley and his volume much better. way to nail it paul, the jerry jones fan like me.

oh wow i just noticed. you are paul wall???? i thought it said paul mall.....i was going to ask you if you ever heard of the cigs? my uncle used to smoke em....hahahahahaha

6 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

You still have to be realistic though, as from what I've seen from most of your predictions, other posters here have every logical right to question them. 

The 350 touch number. 

The 10 yards per catch number. 

Those 2 in particular. For a rookie RB, those would be absolutely elite numbers. It's hard to predict that outcome with any scale of confidence. For instance, I'll bet you any amount of money that SQ doesn't achieve 10 yards per catch. 

Not my battle to fight, but rookie RBs have averaged 10 yards per catch before.

What're we talking about here? How is there 32 pages? 

Does anyone not like him or his upside? 

I know I'd rather take him around pick 10ish and others pick 6-7ish, but how is there 32 pages about that? 

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

Not my battle to fight, but rookie RBs have averaged 10 yards per catch before.

And how often would that be?  I'm not talking just 22 catches for 220 yards here either.  I'm talking about the elite type numbers that are being touted about.  50+ catch type volume.

15 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

And how often would that be?  I'm not talking just 22 catches for 220 yards here either.  I'm talking about the elite type numbers that are being touted about.  50+ catch type volume.

Not very likely, for instance, most RB's only do it one or twice throughout their entire careers.  Still possible though.

Although I'm not sure why he has to...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

What're we talking about here? How is there 32 pages? 

Does anyone not like him or his upside? 

I know I'd rather take him around pick 10ish and others pick 6-7ish, but how is there 32 pages about that? 

Part of it is talking about if he was a good selection reality wise, part of it is talking about his flaws and transition to NFL, and then the other part is a million highlights posted on repeat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Part of it is talking about if he was a good selection reality wise, part of it is talking about his flaws and transition to NFL, and then the other part is a million highlights posted on repeat. 

I don't question his talent for one second. He's a stud for sure.  I do question taking any RB at 2 and the value of number 2 overall. I wouldn't draft any RB at 2. History shows that elite running backs don't win championships,  you don't need one. Value is finding a Kamara. 

5 hours ago, South Carolina said:

I don't question his talent for one second. He's a stud for sure.  I do question taking any RB at 2 and the value of number 2 overall. I wouldn't draft any RB at 2. History shows that elite running backs don't win championships,  you don't need one. Value is finding a Kamara. 

Why not do both?  :blink:

8 hours ago, South Carolina said:

How about drafting saquon 1st and taking a shot on another rookie rb because kamara was what, a 6th rounder last year?

On 6/21/2018 at 6:37 PM, bhawks489 said:

You just reacted like I insulted your mother. Are you related to David Wilson or something?

how can you possibly even consider comparing barkley to david wilson???? thats the worst one i heard yet....completely.....thats why i said WTF

20 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

how can you possibly even consider comparing barkley to david wilson???? thats the worst one i heard yet....completely.....thats why i said WTF

Well, they are the two most recent RBs picked in the first round of the draft by the Giants, and both are being drafted highly as fantasy rookies (I believe Wilson was a mid-2nd round pick while Barkely is a late 1st round pick.  It's not an outrageous comparison.

31 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Well, they are the two most recent RBs picked in the first round of the draft by the Giants, and both are being drafted highly as fantasy rookies (I believe Wilson was a mid-2nd round pick while Barkely is a late 1st round pick.  It's not an outrageous comparison.

Just like T.J. Yeldon and MJD, right?

56 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Just like T.J. Yeldon and MJD, right?

Yeldon and MJD were both RB's picked in the SECOND round, as opposed to Barkley and Wilson being the two most recent RBs drafted in the FIRST round by their team (which Fournette was for his team), which would make it impossible for Yeldon and MJD to be the most recent RBs picked in the first round by their team even if they WERE picked in the first round--but outside of that, exactly.

8 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Yeldon and MJD were both RB's picked in the SECOND round, as opposed to Barkley and Wilson being the two most recent RBs drafted in the FIRST round by their team (which Fournette was for his team), which would make it impossible for Yeldon and MJD to be the most recent RBs picked in the first round by their team even if they WERE picked in the first round--but outside of that, exactly.

Yes, same round.  Why does it matter if it was 1st or 2nd? Regardless this whole thing is idiotic, that was the point.  We're literally talking about the best RB prospect since LaDanian Tomlinson.  He's bigger, faster, stronger, more agile, and a better receiver than David Wilson.  He also doesn't have a fumbling problem.  David Wilson was a late 1st round pick.  Barkley went #2 overall.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Yes, same round.  Why does it matter if it was 1st or 2nd? Regardless this whole thing is idiotic, that was the point.  We're literally talking about the best RB prospect since LaDanian Tomlinson.  He's bigger, faster, stronger, more agile, and a better receiver than David Wilson.  He also doesn't have a fumbling problem.  David Wilson was a late 1st round pick.  Barkley went #2 overall.

The whole thing IS kind of silly, especially the part where nobody was talking to you but you felt the need to jump in and start splitting hairs and then complain about how silly the whole thing is.

Are you such an attention-seeker with everyone, or is it just with Axe Elf?

5 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

The whole thing IS kind of silly, especially the part where nobody was talking to you but you felt the need to jump in and start splitting hairs and then complain about how silly the whole thing is.

You have the worst takes of anyone I've come across on this forum...which is saying something. Congrats.

Edited by paulwall29
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Isn't that how forums work?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

My obsession with you is that I've never seen anyone so wrong about literally everything.  I'm still convinced you're trolling everybody and they just don't know it, which is why you're never actually here mid-season.