cohenstantinople

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

I drafted 6th in my PPR League just now....

The 5th Seed picked Saquon.... so I got stuck with DJ. Damn.

But that just goes to show you, how excited people are for this kid.

3 hours ago, ponza88 said:

I drafted 6th in my PPR League just now....

The 5th Seed picked Saquon.... so I got stuck with DJ. Damn.

But that just goes to show you, how excited people are for this kid.

For good reason. The kid is legit. I am a big PSU fan and have watched just about every touch of his college career and he is off the charts talented. Get him in the open field and good night.But even with all that talent, there were games where the Oline was awful and he couldn't get passed the line of scrimmage. In 13 games his final year, he only had 5 games of over 100 yards rushing.  PSU was creative and got him touches out of the backfield and on returns so he was always making an impact. 

Taking him at 5 overall just seems too high for a kid when you don't know how the new Oline is going to look and you don't know how much Eli has left. Factor in a new HC and system and you have just enough question marks to drop him down a little bit more for me. 

Oh by the way, Leonard Fournette is a freak as well, but he wasn't anything special as a rookie because of his supporting cast. You put Fournette on the 2016 Cowboys and he goes off like Zeke (probably better).  Gurley looked like a bum in 2016.  The Giants offense is far more dynamic than the Jags with Odell/Engram/Sheppard, but it will all come down to the revamped Oline and Eli. Teams are going to try to shut down Barkley and Odell and force Eli to make plays elsewhere. If Eli can't it will be tough sledding for Barkley. If Eli turns things around, things will open up for Barkley and look out!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

how come no one has mentioned the brutal schedule the giant's face this year? They have one of the worst strength of schedules for RBs. 

Saquon Barkley

(RB – NYG) Score: -10
Welcome to the NFL, rookie. Not only does Barkley have just one matchup that’s should be considered a prime one (which comes against the Colts in Week 16), but he leads the league with five matchups against top-six teams from last year, including three of his first six games that include the Texans, Panthers, and Eagles. Things aren’t going to come easy on the ground for Barkley, though his pass-catching skills will be utilized.

Source: Fantasypros.com

8 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

how come no one has mentioned the brutal schedule the giant's face this year? They have one of the worst strength of schedules for RBs. 

Saquon Barkley

Welcome to the NFL, rookie. Not only does Barkley have just one matchup that’s should be considered a prime one (which comes against the Colts in Week 16), but he leads the league with five matchups against top-six teams from last year, including three of his first six games that include the Texans, Panthers, and Eagles. Things aren’t going to come easy on the ground for Barkley, though his pass-catching skills will be utilized.

It's been mentioned several times in this thread, if you had taken the time to read it. 

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

It's been mentioned several times in this thread, if you had taken the time to read it. 

In his defense this thread has become nearly impossible to read or tolerate with all the videos and side table talk. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

Saquon Barkley

We did on but moreso in the giants team thread. As packersfan has mentioned the torrential flood of fan boy video propaganda in this thread has pushed out other posts.

I thought the josh Gordon threads of olde were ridiculous but fun with  rabid fanboys (including myself) but  Saquon Lover Boy Fan #1 has taken this thread hostage.:lol:

• Haha 2

once this beast gets motoring the thread will eclipse the best of the Gordon/CMike threads combined - get in with us, gents - gonna be the premium ride of '18.    

schedule, schmedule - it was all us Gurley owners heard last year, as well - SELL NOW BEFORE THE TOUGH PART OF HIS SEASON THIS CAN'T LAST ALL YEAR!!!1!11!

fun times, i tell ya ...

i pick 7 in a ppr redraft. as i have said in the past......this is the mock.....1 gurley(ram fan)   2 bell     3 elliott     4 djohns      5 kamara       6 brown        7 barkley

On 6/26/2018 at 5:35 PM, CABLE87 said:

How is the giants oline looking? Weren’t they pretty terrible last year?

yes but the addition of superbowl experienced nate solder at left tackle and moving erik flowers over to right tackle could and WILL be huge for the running game as well as the passing game. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

i pick 7 in a ppr redraft. as i have said in the past......this is the mock.....1 gurley(ram fan)   2 bell     3 elliott     4 djohns      5 kamara       6 brown        7 barkley

i'm in same spot in one league, and that seems a very chalk/reasonable/likely six pack to start ... maybe Nuk in some drafts over Kamara, but that's just my opinion.  

dunno though, got a feeling the kid's gonna inch up as the season approaches - think folks in the 6 hole (at least) are golden to snag him - 7 hole seems attainable atm, as well. 

18 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i'm in same spot in one league, and that seems a very chalk/reasonable/likely six pack to start ... maybe Nuk in some drafts over Kamara, but that's just my opinion.  

dunno though, got a feeling the kid's gonna inch up as the season approaches - think folks in the 6 hole (at least) are golden to snag him - 7 hole seems attainable atm, as well. 

well if he does slide up in my draft it is maybe to the #5 spot tops. if that be the case......there are only 6 guys in this draft i would take before barkley and than that would make one of them fall to me, which at 7....thats win/win

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

once this beast gets motoring the thread will eclipse the best of the Gordon/CMike threads combined - get in with us, gents - gonna be the premium ride of '18.    

schedule, schmedule - it was all us Gurley owners heard last year, as well - SELL NOW BEFORE THE TOUGH PART OF HIS SEASON THIS CAN'T LAST ALL YEAR!!!1!11!

fun times, i tell ya ...

You shut your mouth! :P

Josh Gordon threads are legendary. Nothing can come close... yet.

Edited by ponza88
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, not an nfl scout said:

yes but the addition of superbowl experienced nate solder at left tackle and moving erik flowers over to right tackle could and WILL be huge for the running game as well as the passing game. 

They also drafted run blocking guard Will Hernandez from UTEP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

They also drafted run blocking guard Will Hernandez from UTEP.

ah yes thank you sir....i knew i was missing something or someone. he was listed as the best or #2 guard in the entire draft????? 

barkley went as high as 4 in several mocks i did last nite........there was some camp news that hit the market and everyone is starting to "react"

12 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

barkley went as high as 4 in several mocks i did last nite........there was some camp news that hit the market and everyone is starting to "react"

are you referring to the article in yesterday's NY Post?

Mara - "most anticipated arrival ever, more than LT"

Curtis Martin - "combo of Sanders/Dickerson/Brown"

Gettleman - "touched by the Hand of God"

https://nypost.com/2018/07/26/giants-owner-is-concerned-about-the-saquon-barkley-hype/

Image result for choo choo train idling gif

image.gif

34 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Curtis Martin - "combo of Sanders/Dickerson/Brown"

More like a combo of Wolverine and Gandalf.

53 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

I love Barkley and can't wait to see his excellence in the NFL---and I have full confidence that he will not only succeed, but that he will excel---but I'm hesitant to even draft him in the first round, let alone at #4. He's 1) a rookie, and 2) a Giant RB. Have acquired him in auction, but drafting in auction is a different animal.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

More like a combo of Wolverine and Gandalf.

WolDalf?  GanVerine?

Image result for wolverine gandalf mix

If the Giants didn’t still believe in Eli Manning, Barkley may not be here. But the new brain trust thinks the two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback is capable of winning big again at the age of 37 now that he has a dynamic running back behind him and improved offensive line in front of him.

“I still think he’s got a lot of really good football left in him, and I know both Dave and [coach] Pat Shurmur feel that way, too,” Mara said. “That was something they emphasized to me when I interviewed them. I think we have a little better supporting cast around him this year. If we can just stay healthy, I think you’ll see some very good football from him again.”

Yeah, no pressure on you Eli!

No pressure at all! :lol:

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Yeah, no pressure on you Eli!

No pressure at all! :lol:

Pressure is what turns coal into diamonds. 

21 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

i'm at 7 and i have no reservations what so ever "if" he is even still there?

Is this whatsoever a question?

And doesn't it matter who else is there at 7? I've seen this guy drop as far as 7:

david-johnson-jump-cut-2.gif