cohenstantinople

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

25 minutes ago, drumr470 said:

Well he was RB10 in PPR and 2 points behind Fournette so....

but was he really a 'stud' he was a good rb2 with rb1 upside. kamara was a STUD finishing #3 with almost  100 more points and he was concussed in the 1st qtr of a game and on did it with fewer touches.

Zeke finished #12 in ppr with 25 less points and he played 6 less games

I know, i know. I'm being picky but it's more to promote Kamara and zeke than being against cmc :D

Edited by dashoe

45 minutes ago, drumr470 said:

Solid season. Def not studly.

He deserves consideration as a mid 1st round pick, if not at least end of the 1st round

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

but was he really a 'stud' he was a good rb2 with rb1 upside. kamara was a STUD finishing #3 with almost  100 more points and he was concussed in the 1st qtr of a game and on did it with fewer touches.

Zeke finished #12 in ppr with 25 less points and he played 6 less games

I know, i know. I'm being picky but it's more to promote Kamara and zeke than being against cmc :D

If you finish as the RB10 overall, you finished as a RB1, not an RB2. I think it's fair to say that all RB1's performed like studs.

8 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

As the number 2 pick he better be a top 10 RB. s---, he better be top 5. 

Obviously, because you're paying him as a top-4 RB. 

59 minutes ago, kdko said:

If you finish as the RB10 overall, you finished as a RB1, not an RB2. I think it's fair to say that all RB1's performed like studs.

Say whatever you want. You are still wrong.

Just now, joshua18 said:

Obviously, because you're paying him as a top-4 RB. 

Yes Sir. Not to mention they chose to go RB over a possible franchise QB. If he's not a top 5 back it has to be major disappointment. 

On 4/30/2018 at 5:11 AM, dashoe said:

Yeah that's the part the generational talent crowd refuses to accept when it comes to draft and salary cap economics. 

Now the majority of the league could be wrong and are severely underpricing do it all rb's and maybe Bell-DJ-zeke and potentially Barkley will reset the market going forward.

I will give getteman credit he is backing up his philosophy with Mara's money :lol:

Between Freeman and Coleman Atlanta in 2016 had MORE production from the RB position than Dallas.  All for less than 1.5m.

14 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Yes Sir. Not to mention they chose to go RB over a possible franchise QB. If he's not a top 5 back it has to be major disappointment. 

Duh

That's the case for any player picked top-5, regardless of position.

19 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Say whatever you want. You are still wrong.

Lol, whatever you say.  RB10 = RB1.  Try arguing that.

10 minutes ago, kdko said:

No. I was arguing using the word 'stud' to describe Run CmC last year. You are the only one here that thinks that. Promise.

6 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

No. I was arguing using the word 'stud' to describe Run CmC last year. You are the only one here that thinks that. Promise.

Thank god I don't need or care about your validation to live my life :lol:

3 minutes ago, kdko said:

Easy.

Player X Scores 15.2 Points every single week.

15.2*16=243.2 Fantasy Points

That would have been the 8th best back in the league last year.

But would have NEVER finished top 10 in any single week.

In a game where we play weekly... we win or lose weekly... tell me, if your RB NEVER has a top 10 weekly finish, but finishes the year top 10... Was he (or her #Equality) an RB1 or not?

I know what you're thinking, that's fake, that's made up, it's not a real scenario.  While this specific scenario is fake, it has in fact happened.

In 2015, through the 16 week fantasy season, Demaryius Thomas finished 9th among WRs.  He failed to ever post a top 10 finish in any given week.

Was he a WR1 or not?

There is no right or wrong, it's open for interpretation.  The point is not to be ignorant to the alternate uses of the term.

Ezekiel Elliot finished 12th last year.  For the 10 weeks he played he had the 3rd highest PPG average in the league.

Would you classify him as an RB1 or not?

If your answer to this question is no, stop.  Pause and ask yourself, if the 3rd most valuable back (in regards to the game we play) in the league wasn't an RB1, why should anyone give a damn about who is or isn't an RB1?

RB1 is an arbitrary term that the fantasy world has shoved down your throat.

If 10th has 230.5 fantasy points and 11th has 230.4 fantasy points, is one an RB1 and the other an RB2?

Meaningless cutoffs, terms, and definitions, that have no actual basis in the game we play.  RB1, Stud, Elite, the list goes on and on.

No religion discussion.  No politics. 

3 hours ago, drumr470 said:

This is where the disconnect from realty and fantasy comes into play especially in PPR.

In the run game he was actually pretty terrible and while his YPR wasn’t bad for a high volume RB we saw him struggle there also with the ball.

Any thoughts on the fact that the Giants face one of the toughest, if not the toughest, RB schedules, a questionable O line and QB? That formula didn’t work so well for Gurley.

1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

Easy.

Player X Scores 15.2 Points every single week.

15.2*16=243.2 Fantasy Points

That would have been the 8th best back in the league last year.

But would have NEVER finished top 10 in any single week.

In a game where we play weekly... we win or lose weekly... tell me, if your RB NEVER has a top 10 weekly finish, but finishes the year top 10... Was he (or her #Equality) an RB1 or not?

I know what you're thinking, that's fake, that's made up, it's not a real scenario.  While this specific scenario is fake, it has in fact happened.

In 2015, through the 16 week fantasy season, Demaryius Thomas finished 9th among WRs.  He failed to ever post a top 10 finish in any given week.

Was he a WR1 or not?

By the same token, producing WR2 numbers nearly every single week makes you a very studly WR1 (full acknowledging that the "very studly" is purely subjective meaningless jargon).  Since we do play a week to week game, you come out ahead every time your opponents WR1 doesn't put up a huge week. Consistency is its own kind of value.

14 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

This is where the disconnect from realty and fantasy comes into play especially in PPR.

In the run game he was actually pretty terrible and while his YPR wasn’t bad for a high volume RB we saw him struggle there also with the ball.

Yeah, and there's a lot of cross arguing going on because some people are discussing his real life ability vs fantasy output/results.  The guy is not a Tier 1 real life RB, but if you play PPR he's a (fantasy) stud, RB1, whatever whatever.  Plus, people just have a general sense of disdain for CMC it seems like.

7 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Any thoughts on the fact that the Giants face one of the toughest, if not the toughest, RB schedules, a questionable O line and QB? That formula didn’t work so well for Gurley.

I brought up that comparison pages ago... the Barkley army is devout, zealous even, and truthers believe he will singlehandedly post outstanding numbers breaking odds and records and the spines of those he tramples.

I believe he’s an outstanding talent, but will shy away from picking this outstanding rookie as a first round pick. Let me see proof of pro performance and success on a team that needs to demonstrate growth and I’ll pay the first round price tag in 2019.

1 hour ago, 96mnc said:

No religion discussion.  No politics. 

But fantasy football is both our religion and our politique.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

RB1 is an arbitrary term that the fantasy world has shoved down your throat.

[...]

Meaningless cutoffs, terms, and definitions, that have no actual basis in the game we play.  RB1, Stud, Elite, the list goes on and on.

^^

Can this be posted on every thread, for all to see?

Or be part of the entrance exam to the Rotoworld forum?

Would reduce thread length by 50%, removing arguments about how many points it takes to go from “schmub” to “mover” to “baller” to “stud.”

6 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

I brought up that comparison pages ago... the Barkley army is devout, zealous even, and truthers believe he will singlehandedly post outstanding numbers breaking odds and records and the spines of those he tramples.

I believe he’s an outstanding talent, but will shy away from picking this outstanding rookie as a first round pick. Let me see proof of pro performance and success on a team that needs to demonstrate growth and I’ll pay the first round price tag in 2019.

If it helps Barkley

Strength of Schedule:

31st easiest for RBs

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/strength-of-schedule.php?position=RB

35 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

This is him vs the best run defense in college football 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense/sort/rushingYards