Rotoworld.com Forums

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

15 minutes ago, TheFire said:

Anyone concerned the Giants offense will get steamrolled by the Redskins D? Saquon will be seeing stacked boxes all day and limited red zone looks. I'm thinking of sitting him for Ware. 

Yep. You should totally sit Barkley for Ware. 

giphy.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, TheFire said:

Anyone concerned the Giants offense will get steamrolled by the Redskins D? Saquon will be seeing stacked boxes all day and limited red zone looks. I'm thinking of sitting him for Ware. 

You cannot be serious. Barkley has only 2 games under 20 points! He is 2nd in RB scoring and I think his worst game of 14 pts is literally the highest of any RB Gurley included. Barkley is a weekly top 5 option and matchup proof. Redskins D is good but no juggernaut especially with Sanchez on the other side of the ball likely leading to less rest and less favorable field position. You shouldn't be sitting Barkley in any format, in an auction league you might have 1 guy you may legitimately start over him but I don't think its possible to have enough stronger options to sit Barkley unless you are in a 1 person league. Spencer Ware definitely shouldn't be starting over him (although watch him outscore Barkley this week cause fantasy football).  

Can't stack the box when they put him out wide. I bet he's going to be more of a receiver than a running threat without OBJ out there. People also underestimate Shepard. I'd also imagine Engram will get a ton of looks too. 

35 minutes ago, TheFire said:

You act like all he does is take handoffs. He's matchup proof. You don't sit him for anybody. 

1 hour ago, TheFire said:

boo this man 

1 hour ago, TheFire said:

I’m sure this is a joke. This guy is probably laughing at all the comments. If serious, then it’s easily the dumbest post of the year , hands down. 

Yeah go ahead and sit the most productive player in FF this year. 

3 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

The skins have lost their desire to play competitive football. I expect Barkley to have his biggest game of the season this week.  

Yeah it looks like it could be a 'week tilting' type of match-up...the skins D has been reeling for awhile and now their offense might actually find several ways to put Barkley in scoring position too.

9 hours ago, TheFire said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4496663

10 hours ago, TheFire said:

If you are on bye this week because of all the work he did for you in the regular season, then sure go ahead and sit him. But if you have an actual matchup there is no way he should ever be on anyone’s bench.

11 hours ago, TheFire said:

Decisions like this should get you banned from the playoffs...

21 hours ago, mikeflavaz said:

The skins have lost their desire to play competitive football. I expect Barkley to have his biggest game of the season this week.  

I hope you're right.  I sure need it.

On 12/8/2018 at 1:32 PM, TheFire said:

Just slightly off the mark with this prediction.

Barkley is going to be my Keeper pick. The dude finds ways to gain yards from playing behind a bad offensive line. Cant get anyone like him picks 6-10. Well worth it. Im hoping he keeps exploding for 2 more weeks. As a cowboys fan, its a hard pill to swallow watching this guy every play with excitement.

Archived