cohenstantinople

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Unreal they didn't run with Saquon once at the goalline at the end of the game. Eli can eat a dick.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Rough way to end my season, a little mad...but what a beast. Will definitely look at drafting him top 3 and possibly first overall next year. His team being crappy, kind makes him fall to that 2 or 3 spot next year.

Imagine this guy on a good team???

49 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Rough way to end my season, a little mad...but what a beast. Will definitely look at drafting him top 3 and possibly first overall next year. His team being crappy, kind makes him fall to that 2 or 3 spot next year.

Imagine this guy on a good team???

Wouldn't get as many dump offs/catches in PPR.  Probably more TDs, probably a wash.

On 12/16/2018 at 10:08 PM, Tugginroot said:

Wouldn't get as many dump offs/catches in PPR.  Probably more TDs, probably a wash.

He'd have to go to a good team that utilizes RB's like Dallas, the Rams, Chargers, and Panthers treat their RB's.

I imagine he would have a lot more running room, still get a ton of receptions etc...

He eclipsed 2,000 total yards today. He should be the ROY hands down. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cdub2k said:

That Superman 'esque TD leap combined with the Baker late 4th quarter flop sealed it.

Ladies and Gents, your #1 overall pick in 2019.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Mayfield just broke the rookie record for TD passes

2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Mayfield just broke the rookie record for TD passes

It's worth keeping in mind though, that the record comes during the most pass-happy era in NFL history.

I think Mayfield does have a very bright future, don't get me wrong...but I think Saquon is hands down the ROY. 

Saquon led not just all rookies in yards from scrimmage...he led the NFL. 

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Saquon led not just all rookies in yards from scrimmage...he led the NFL. 

by 27 over Zeke who didn't even play Week 17

Just now, jonasdash said:

by 27 over Zeke who didn't even play Week 17

And Saquon barely played in several second halves because of game outlook (for example, the Redskins game a few weeks ago). Saquon also had 43 less carries than Zeke on the season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh baker just led the browns to a 7-8-1 record.

Thats unheard of.

Not that Baker was not good, but I think getting rid of Hue Jackson led the Browns to a 5-3 record after Hue was gone. Baker was 2-4 with Hue.
(that and the wins during that post-Hue stretch were against the Falcons, Bengals, Panthers, Broncos, and Bengals again)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Not that Baker was not good, but I think getting rid of Hue Jackson led the Browns to a 5-3 record after Hue was gone. Baker was 2-4 with Hue.
(that and the wins during that post-Hue stretch were against the Falcons, Bengals, Panthers, Broncos, and Bengals again)

Can Dorsey win the MVP or does it have to be an on field player?

This is why I love the forums, gives me that perspective that i forgot/didnt think of. 

It just seems that the QB position is way more important overall to a team though which is why i think it goes to baker.

Edited by bhawks489
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Corleone said:

And Saquon barely played in several second halves because of game outlook (for example, the Redskins game a few weeks ago). Saquon also had 43 less carries than Zeke on the season. 

For my money, Barkley is already the best RB in the league. 

I'm sure a lot of people going to say Gurley because of situation, but I'd take Barkley over anybody at the position if I had to choose. 

This guy is easily the best RB to come into the NFL since young Peterson and is probably even better since he is a better pass catcher. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Can Dorsey win the MVP or does it have to be an on field player?

This is why I love the forums, gives me that perspective that i forgot/didnt think of. 

It just seems that the QB position is way more important overall to a team though which is why i think it goes to baker.

heheh, it does have to be an on-field player, but I like the thought :) 

I agree towards QB importance to a team, and I have nothing against Baker, but I think Saquon's dominance amongst his entire position gets him the nod in my book. I see Baker as being great amongst other rookies. I see Saquon as being great amongst the entire RB position. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corleone said:

heheh, it does have to be an on-field player, but I like the thought :) 

I agree towards QB importance to a team, and I have nothing against Baker, but I think Saquon's dominance amongst his entire position gets him the nod in my book. I see Baker as being great amongst other rookies. I see Saquon as being great amongst the entire RB position. 

100% agree, if i had a vote it would be barkley. This kid is just getting started.

• Like 1