tootallball

Sony Michel 2018 Outlook

23 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Pats play the JetsX2, BillsX2, the Titans and the Dolphins this year.

Only difficult games are next week GB, Min Wk 13 and Pit Wk 15.  

I could see them resting this kid as long as they can if it won't affect their playoff seedings etc.  If they beat GB next week, there's no way they rush him back before the Week 11 bye to play the Titans in Week 10 and then after the bye its NYJ Min MIA Pit Buf NYJ.  

I predict we won't see Sony ( if this injury is only a 3-4 week timetable ) until the Min game and then he might be used  sparingly after that depending on how well Barner is doing and how Sony has looked in his return to form.   

Bilichick will be doing everything in his power to get that #1 seed. He knows how dangerous KC is at home. Capturing home field advantage is huge. Plus, he doesn’t rest guys any longer than they have to be rested. If Michel can play, he’ll play. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lebowski54 said:

Bilichick will be doing everything in his power to get that #1 seed. He knows how dangerous KC is at home. Capturing home field advantage is huge. Plus, he doesn’t rest guys any longer than they have to be rested. If Michel can play, he’ll play. 

Agreed 100%. Remember a few years back B.B. and Gronk family got into it because B.B. wanted gronk playing when gronk thought he wasn’t 100%.  Don’t be the “hoodie will rest him” bologna. 

Edited by patsspytech
Auto correct typos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lebowski54 said:

Very true. Gonna be a real close race for AFC home field. Pats own the head to head. Neither team will have more than 3 losses, in my opinion. Pats are lucky 2 of their toughest games are at home: GB, Min, and at Steelers. I think they lose 1 of those to finish 13-3.

Chiefs on the other hand have to play LAR on neutral field, home vs Ravens, and at Seattle. I think they lose 1 of these, and end up with homefield throughout.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Yep, confirmed cautious optimism. Pats didn’t bring anyone on from the FA scrap pile. They’ll make due Monday, fire him up next week. 

Yeeuuuup.

10 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Dude is practicing today!!

Wow.   I thought Billy B was just messing with us with the injury designations. I guess he really is week to week.  I assumed he would be ruled out by mideweek, but this is even better news.

*Does anyone have a confirmation of this?  I couldn't find anything.  He wasn't at the walkthrough yesterday.  Seems weird he would be practicing today.

Edited by RustyMiller

12 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

Wow.   I thought Billy B was just messing with us with the injury designations. I guess he really is week to week.  I assumed he would be ruled out by mideweek, but this is even better news.

*Does anyone have a confirmation of this?  I couldn't find anything.  He wasn't at the walkthrough yesterday.  Seems weird he would be practicing today.

• Thanks 2

Hope he sits. Rest up big boy. We need you ROS. See you next week against GB!

19 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Hope he sits. Rest up big boy. We need you ROS. See you next week against GB!

So glad hes going to be (fingers crossed) back then at least. That Brady/Sony/Gordon stack is going to be fire next Sunday night :)

Edited by Ffguy0087
  • Like 2

If he was for sure out this week why practise at all on Saturday? Wait not wait till Tuesday and practise the week of the game he was going to “play”. 

To me this seems like he’s on the positive side of playing Monday. 

2 minutes ago, kco734 said:

If he was for sure out this week why practise at all on Saturday? Wait not wait till Tuesday and practise the week of the game he was going to “play”. 

To me this seems like he’s on the positive side of playing Monday. 

Yeah I don’t understand why the blurb says he won’t play. If he’s not healthy, he wouldn’t practice, no?

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Yeah I don’t understand why the blurb says he won’t play. If he’s not healthy, he wouldn’t practice, no?

My gut tells me he wants to play and asked the coaches to get a practise in to prove it. 

Just now, CooL said:

Great to see him out there moving around but he's going really light.   Everyone else is hustling cross overs while Sony is slow shufflin'.  Very encouraging and definitely more healthy than everyone initially thought, is that healthy enough to play though? Looks like he's testing it out and seeing how it reacts but I would be a little surprised if he suits up and even more surprised if he got his full allotment of snaps.

Still we've gone from IR? --- After bye? --- to outside chance of this very week.  I'll take it considering the weekly injuries thread had me sweatin' bullets on Sunday.

• Like 1

this complicates things for me, im sure we wont get a real status before gametime tomorrow. what are his realistic chances he plays? if he plays Im guessing very limited snaps. this is so good yet so terrible 

I just got so ere... excited.

1 minute ago, nb009 said:

This guy is Breida on crack.

:lol::lol::lol:

27 minutes ago, whadeeb said:

this complicates things for me, im sure we wont get a real status before gametime tomorrow. what are his realistic chances he plays? if he plays Im guessing very limited snaps. this is so good yet so terrible 

i'd say if he plays, he's playing unrestricted because why else play him against the Bills if he's going to be limited? They would just let him rest because the Bills are trash right?

2 minutes ago, nb009 said:

This guy is Breida on crack.

Sony got his knee cleaned up during camp. The only other time he got hurt was when he got twisted by a defender. He’s not even close to being fragile like Breida. 

Man I wish this guy wasn’t Monday night. Can’t play him unless something definitive comes out