tootallball

Sony Michel 2018 Outlook

Gamesmanship on Bill's part. Expect 35 carries from Sony on Sunday night.

In all seriousness, that quote pretty much confirms what we knew. Sony is week to week. I fear they have no need to rush him back, and like an above poster said, probably wont be back to full force until after the bye. 

8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I believe we won’t see Sony on the field until after the Patriots bye week 

I just pulled my offer for him off the table after this news. But seriously who knows with the Pats. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Sony suited up and played this weekend either.

I wouldn't read into BB's concerns as a direct concern over Sony.  Look at the legit RB depth they have - Michel, White.  THAT IS IT!  That is concerning.  Barner is not a suitable NFL RB.  CPatt is playing Aaron Hernandez wannabe back there.  It hurts not having Burkhead.  Even if Burkhead was healthy - I'd be concerned with only three healthy RBs on the roster.  Plus, they are having to expose White's durability and White designed plays that are so valuable in critical game situations.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2018 at 1:57 PM, Flyman75 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cordarrelle Patterson get some totes at RB. He's 6'2", 228...maybe he gets some between-the-tackle opportunities. He's a pretty versatile guy, so maybe NE is thinking that they're better off going with White, Barner, and Patterson at RB than they are signing some guy off the street? 

Just a thought. I might be completely off-base. 

I guess I wasn't off base. Lol. 

Image result for pat myself on my back gif

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm cautiously optimistic that his Saturday practice reports indicate he'll be ready this weekend.

But this is one of those where, given that it's SNF, I will be planning my week for him to be out unless his practice reports make it perfectly clear he's 100%, and Hoodie isn't known for being that clear.

Hopefully he plays because James White is my opponent. I likely won't start Sony, but I'd like White to be affected.

33 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I guess I wasn't off base. Lol. 

Image result for pat myself on my back gif

:D

Hell yeah.  Set the tone bro.  Mental self-five's are legit and real today.  You call it...you claim it.  Celebrate the small victories.

18 minutes ago, Lebowski54 said:

He practiced today. FIRE HIM UP LADIES

Friday it was indoors today it was a walkthrough in sweats 

Just now, Pooskay said:

He ain't practicing fully yet. Chill ladies

He never did prior to getting hurt... 

1 minute ago, TheDoctor said:

He never did prior to getting hurt... 

I'm pretty sure he did at least ONCE

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Hell yeah.  Set the tone bro.  Mental self-five's are legit and real today.  You call it...you claim it.  Celebrate the small victories.

I'm so seldom right, according to my wife, that I have to celebrate every victory...no matter how small. Lol. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Friday it was indoors today it was a walkthrough in sweats 

I’m somewhat joking, however, it’s still a great indication for his status Sunday. They held a couple of players out today due to injury. And video of him from their Saturday practice showed him hopping around on his knee with his full weight with no issue. Obviously not as demanding as playing a game, but great progress nonetheless. Also, NFL teams only have 14 practices a year where they’re fully dressed. This is a typical Wednesday practice, so saying that they’re only in sweats doesn’t mean much. Plus he’s been limited all season and still performed very well in games 

If Billy B was that concerned about the RB position he has Shane Vereen and Mike Gilislee who he could probably call.

Just saying.

2 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

Anyone selling him in PPR? I think his upside is capped at RB2 as long as James White is the pass catcher there. 

I think moreso a low-end RB1. Both him and white are putting up RB1 numbers, but I'd take Michel over White anyday.