tootallball

Sony Michel 2018 Outlook

7 minutes ago, Joeklebba said:

I would assume Burkhead would be more of a threat to White’s touches than Michel’s. Burkhead is a good player but he’s definitely best served as a pass catcher/change of pace back. When the patriots are wanting to run the ball, I’d be shocked if it wasn’t Michel that got most of the carries.

Did they designate Rex to return when he was put on IR?

22 minutes ago, Joeklebba said:

I would assume Burkhead would be more of a threat to White’s touches than Michel’s. Burkhead is a good player but he’s definitely best served as a pass catcher/change of pace back. When the patriots are wanting to run the ball, I’d be shocked if it wasn’t Michel that got most of the carries.

The way White has played and Brady's bromance for him, I don't see Burkhead effecting his touches.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TTRA1N said:

What's the chances he steps right back in and gets the workload he was getting pre injury?

Asking myself this same question. Who knows with the Pats. Go with your gut. My gut says bench him if you can. 

37 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Did they designate Rex to return when he was put on IR?

I don't believe they have announced that yet... I was going to snag him and throw him into my IR slot this week but saw they are on a bye next week so figured I could wait till the next week.  As a James white owner, I hope he doesn't come back,  I think that's whose value he would affect most.

20 minutes ago, affliction said:

Well Rex is practicing 

He won't be back until wk 13 and even then, who cares? Michel can run laps around a journeyman JAG like Burkhead. His usage was all pre-Sony and we already know White has played too well to lose his role. The idea that they will sit Michel at all to give Rex run is laughable. Rex is depth and insurance for them at the position (sorely needed by the way) but nothing more.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AnchorDown said:

He won't be back until wk 13 and even then, who cares? Michel can run laps around a journeyman JAG like Burkhead. His usage was all pre-Sony and we already know White has played too well to lose his role. The idea that they will sit Michel at all to give Rex run is laughable. Rex is depth and insurance for them at the position (sorely needed by the way) but nothing more.

Yup said the same thing in the Rex Outlook, Rex is only insurance he will replace Barner and he can play both White and Michels role

4 hours ago, oresteszero said:

Is Michel 100%? I've been seeing alot of "limited" practice reports from Michel this week.

I'm guessing its "maintenance" related, as they limited him often before the knee injury. Waiting patiently for the injury report.

25 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

How do you owners value him ROS?

Weekly average of 85-90 yds / 1 TD

Ppl tend to forget that Gronk used to steal a lot of these TD's. Now that he's banged up, the running game is more critical.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

How do you owners value him ROS?

He’s a borderline RB1. In the 3 games where he appeared fully healthy (and after having a chance to get acclimated), he scored 22, 17, 17. Against the Bears he had already racked up 40 yards in the first quarter and was running through them with ease before his injury. The Pats have been opening monsterous holes and Michel is a perfect fit for their style. If he was involved more in the pass game, he’d be a top 5 play, no questions asked. The good thing is that he’s a capable receiver, so he could actually see a few targets a game down the stretch. Michel will be a great asset in the fantasy playoffs 

• Like 5

Really need to play this guy as my flex and for him to perform like he did preinjury to have a chance this weekend.   Looking like it's gonna be a last minute decision which sucks 

if he suits, I think it’s an ease in game. TD dependant imo as the yards and volume will be low. 

Ya I would not play him or rely on him this week could be like his first 2 games of the season 10-40 no receptions, he is definitely a wait.  Hope he plays good so you can play him after the bye. 

Like Fournette, playing him and hoping for the best.

30 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

Ya I would not play him or rely on him this week could be like his first 2 games of the season 10-40 no receptions, he is definitely a wait.  Hope he plays good so you can play him after the bye. 

Those were also terrible game scripts. Think Ten can gamescript Michel out? Anything could happen, but that seemed doubtful.

He’s had plenty time to rest and heal. He’s been practicing for weeks now and almost was ready to play last week. He’s good to go. Fire up with confidence. 

bench with confidence until he shows back playing and lasts entire game without setback (for me)

Anyone staring him (with confidence)? I think the smart play here is to bench and see how he does against TEN D/ST. They have a real good run defense. Game script will probably favor White more today 

Agree with waiting to see. Don’t agree with game script favoring White today. NE should handle Tennessee with ease, can see a lot of clock eating if Sony is healthy and in there. 

With NE having a bye next week me thinks the hoodie has SM suit up in case of emergency but ultimately keeps him on the bench.   

5 minutes ago, Pray4Surf said:

With NE having a bye next week me thinks the hoodie has SM suit up in case of emergency but ultimately keeps him on the bench.   

Yup maybe 5-10 carries I would not start him but people aren't going to listen.  The pats don't need him this week and the bye is next week.  In Standard leagues maybe but in PPR leagues there has to be better options.

5 carries? The Pats aren’t going to risk re-Injury just so he can get 5 carries. Playing on the road against a team that’s been good against opposing QB’s. I expect a full workload.