tootallball

Sony Michel 2018 Outlook

15 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

That’s what happens when you have the fraud in McDaniels as OC. He’s lucky to still have a job in this league. 

Lucky to have a job in this league? He's probably going to be a HC again this off season lol. 

6 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Lucky to have a job in this league? He's probably going to be a HC again this off season lol. 

and then be the OC for the pats the next season after that

Edited by crotchcrickets
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDoctor said:

You missed my point. All that means is there are a TON of idiots running these teams. Just take a look around the league. 

10 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

You missed my point. All that means is there are a TON of idiots running these teams. Just take a look around the league. 

I mean I don't disagree about the point trying to be made, but wouldn't that mean BB is also an idiot? If the best coach in the NFL is an idiot what does that make everyone else? 

Edited by TheDoctor

35 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I mean I don't disagree about the point trying to be made, but wouldn't that mean BB is also an idiot? If the best coach in the NFL is an idiot what does that make everyone else? 

Not necessarily. Who’s calling the plays? Ultimately responsible? Yes. But that’s not the point I was trying to make. Not to take anything away from Bill, but what was Bill before Brady came along? There’s so much one can argue, and not worthy the discussion. Certainly doesn’t belong in the Sony thread. But my Final thought. McDaniels is a fraud. Overrated bumb. He’ll get his chance, again, he’ll prove just that. 

ADP next year assuming White and Burkhead also return? I'm thinking round 4 or 5. Enough workload concerns to drop his value to there.

He's still getting goal line work, just getting vultured right now. It won't last (getting vultured by Develin)

He’s not that good. Seems like some in this thread consider him a top 10 RB, I would say around 20-25 range. Btw without Brady his value lower still. I’ll draft him in front of Devonte Freeman and Jordan Howard still.

20 minutes ago, Krambone said:

He’s not that good. Seems like some in this thread consider him a top 10 RB, I would say around 20-25 range. Btw without Brady his value lower still. I’ll draft him in front of Devonte Freeman and Jordan Howard still.

You have him as the 20th-25th ranked RB? Not being snarky here...out of curiosity, what 20 RBs would you put in front of him next season? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

You have him as the 20th-25th ranked RB? Not being snarky here...out of curiosity, what 20 RBs would you put in front of him next season? 

I'll give this a shot. Here's 25 i'd take ahead of Sony: 

Gurley, Barkley, Zeek, Bell, Kamara, CMC, Conner, Gordon, Cook, Ingram, Mixon, Chubb, Drake, Fournette, Lamar Miller, Lindsey, Carson, DJ, Cohen, Aaron Jones, McKinnon, Guice, James White, Carson, Whoever is starting for the Chiefs 

15 minutes ago, Helmholtz_Watsonn said:

Gurley, Barkley, Zeek, Bell, Kamara, CMC, Conner, Gordon, Cook, Ingram, Mixon, Chubb, Drake, Fournette, Lamar Miller, Lindsey, Carson, DJ, Cohen, Aaron Jones, McKinnon, Guice, James White, Carson, Whoever is starting for the Chiefs 

Just my opinion, but I cannot see taking Drake, Miller, McKinnon, Carson (who you listed twice, lol) or Penny. I'm a dinosaur, but I'd take a RB getting carries over reception-dependent RBs like Cohen or White. I have to see Fournette and Cook actually play full seasons before I put them over Michel. The potential is there, but they're both constantly hurt...and Fournette's 3.7 ypc over 372 career carries aren't exactly inspiring. I guess I have Sony in the 15-18 range next year. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I do think he'll be more involved in all aspects of the game next season. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Helmholtz_Watsonn said:

He's no slouch on talent he was taken in the first round.

The fact that he has 11 targets in 10 games is truly baffling considering he caught 64 balls in his career at UGA 33 more than Chubb did. I get you want James White to be your pass catching back, but at some point you gotta give the defense a different look. 

10 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

He's no slouch on talent he was taken in the first round.

The fact that he has 11 targets in 10 games is truly baffling considering he caught 64 balls in his career at UGA 33 more than Chubb did. I get you want James White to be your pass catching back, but at some point you gotta give the defense a different look. 

Agreed. The re-emergence of Burkhead only takes away those couple of targets he'd get in a game.  He's still the plodder, but they need to change up their scheme so defenses just don't sit on him getting the first down carry.  Throw in a screen or give him a 2nd down run every now and then and you'd probably keep the defense more honest.

Anyone starting him today? I have to decide between him, Edwards, Pettis or Curtis Samuel. Michel scares me but I might roll him out there.

40 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Anyone starting him today? I have to decide between him, Edwards, Pettis or Curtis Samuel. Michel scares me but I might roll him out there.

I think I have to due to my decimated RB lineup...

• Like 1

Best of luck to those starting him today. He’s been getting his touches so hopefully he can hit pay dirt for you today.

Currently penciled in. But that doesn’t mean he’ll stay in there come 3pm (or sooner if Ito is ruled out). 

P.S. this is not meant to be a BC comment, but just to give you an idea of who I’m considering over him (picking 2 out of the following 4): Sony, Ingram, Coleman and Pettis. 

I am flexing him...over Dixon and Gus, don't love it but it likely turns into a shoot-out and he gets decent volume. Could really shock with a few TDs?!

Just now, Proteus said:

Faded into oblivion?

For now.    I think it's a combination of the Pats offense and that he may not be 100%.

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

For now.    I think it's a combination of the Pats offense and that he may not be 100%.

Don't forget about Rex F*&@head stealing some carries.  

Just now, chief79 said:

Don't forget about Rex F*&@head stealing some carries.  

Yeah...I was counting that into my "Pats offense" comment.   But it probably did deserve a separate mention.

I wish they would have involved him more in the passing game.   Maybe with a full off season, he gets back to 100% and has more time to get involved in a more used role.

He's also gone up against a couple of tough defenses over the past few weeks.  Minny & Pittsburgh are very tough on the run.  Buffalo gives up some yards to RB's, so I could see him having a bounce back game.  My only problem is that his complete absense from the passing game over the past month has made his floor extremely low to where he basically becomes TD dependent to put up RB1 numbers. 

Own him in a bunch of leagues but don't think I'm starting him any. He is just outside my top 20 RB rankings. The combo of the entire Pats offense being ho-hum and him no longer being the unquestioned GL back for the Pats makes him tough to trust. Burkhead obviously doesn't help things but in terms of snap count he seems to have more of a negative impact on White and Michel still has gotten a decent number of carries but done relatively little with them. 

I have the McGuire, Carson, Henry, and Mack's of the world ranked higher than him which is quite the fall from grace from a guy who looked like a legit RB1 mid-season. I think it is also very likely he is still feeling the lingering affects of his multiple knee injuries this season which is compounded by all the overall body and mental wear that is accumulated by this late in the season. 

Edited by Jaw1