Gohawks

Rashaad Penny 2018 Outlook

6 minutes ago, austin316 said:

What is your point?

How can you tout Penny if he doesn't even see the field...

Amedola in an anemic offense on a new team. No thanks.

In my opinion, Carson worked so hard in that 30-plus carry game he exploded that it affected his body for a few weeks. Let's see what happens after the Bye.

I never touted Penny, i don't own penny and he is on my waiver. I have owned both carson and penney and dropped carson to pick up a lottery cuff mostert today since i own brieda. Seattle backfield is a cluster of week to week unpredicatable distribution.

I responded to a post that stated Carson was a good rb, he may be one on the filed but in fantasy he is not.

You are in love with the player and not accepting the situation that the player is in. it's been a bad situation from week 1 and there is no indication from the HC that it will get better or is even predicatble.

You are hoping that eventually you will be correct but you have been incorrect for 7 weeks now

Edited by dashoe

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I never touted Penny, i don't own penny and he is on my waiver. I have owned both carson and penney and dropped carson to pick up a lottery cuff mostert today since i own brieda. Seattle backfield is a cluster of week to week unpredicatable distribution.

I responded to a post that stated Carson was a good rb, he may be one on the filed but in fantasy he is not.

Why didn't you pick up Amendola?

Just now, cnewbykkn said:

Why didn't you pick up Amendola?

i picked him up amendola  too if u must know and  jalen richard

Just now, dashoe said:

i picked him up amendola  too if u must know and  jalen richard

You have lots of junk roster spaces to play with...

• Haha 1

Just now, cnewbykkn said:

You have lots of junk roster spaces to play with...

I churn my bench every week, i don't fall in love with players, if u are on the bench you are droppable, its a very simple strategy.  Churn and burn  on the waiver until u strike gold.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, dashoe said:

You are in love with the player and not accepting the situation that the player is in. it's been a bad situation from week 1 and there is no indication from the HC that it will get better or is even predicatble.

You are hoping that eventually you will be correct but you have been incorrect for 7 weeks now

I didn't say I'm in love with him. Nor do I have expectations. But there are many factors here and gray area and you are viewing things as black and white.

This isn't the Eagles backfield we're talking. Maybe the Seahwaks offense isn't a juggernaut, but they have shown an interest in the running game. That said, Carson is the lead dawg. I have a strong inclination that Week 4 overworked him and messed him up. Mike Davis proved he can be very good in his absence. I almost would rather have him start than Carson.

You can't put too much stock in the London game vs Oakland. That was a clusterfVck,  not the RB the situation. Game flow was impacted by blowout, which is why Carson and Davis took a breather while Penny got some work.

You are better off rostering Carson and Davis and keep Penny on your free agents.

Edited by austin316
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, austin316 said:

I didn't say I'm in love with him. Nor do I have expectations. But there are many factors here and gray area and you are viewing things as black and white.

This isn't the Eagles backfield we're talking. Maybe the Seahwaks offense isn't a juggernaut, but they have shown an interest in the running game. That said, Carson is the lead dawg. I have a strong inclination that Week 4 overworked him and messed him up. Mike Davis proved he can be very good in his absence. I almost would rather have him start than Carson.

You can't put too much stock in the London game vs Oakland. That was a clusterfVck,  not the RB the situation. Game flow was impacted by blowout, which is why Carson and Davis took a breather while Penny got some work.

You are better off rostering Carson and Davis and keep on your free agents.

I think the coaches want to play Penney more than they have and the OAK game justified the carson/ davis splits that they have been winning with which indicates that this is a rotation until it stops working or until they are out of playoff contention and Davis will probably be the oddman out. 

The fact is Carson displayed since TC that he was the better rb to be the bellcow  for the offense and he has only had that role 1x.

The fact is Davis performed just as well as the bellcow

The fact is the o-line is vastly improved which means anyone of rb's can prodcuce

The fact is the coaches have not committed to him having the  bellcow role 2 games post his injury. 

Maybe this week he resumes a bellcow role, maybe he doesnt. Thats the problem you dont' know week to week what it will be. 

10 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think the coaches want to play Penney more than they have and the OAK game justified the carson/ davis splits that they have been winning with which indicates that this is a rotation until it stops working or until they are out of playoff contention and Davis will probably be the oddman out. 

The fact is Carson displayed since TC that he was the better rb to be the bellcow  for the offense and he has only had that role 1x.

The fact is Davis performed just as well as the bellcow

The fact is the o-line is vastly improved which means anyone of rb's can prodcuce

The fact is the coaches have not committed to him having the  bellcow role 2 games post his injury. 

Maybe this week he resumes a bellcow role, maybe he doesnt. Thats the problem you dont' know week to week what it will be. 

Fair enough

I hold in him in a Dynasty and I'm glad it's a Dynasty because it's forcing me to hold no matter what:

Rashaad Penny (finger) was limited at Wednesday's practice.

Penny missed time with a broken finger over the summer and may have aggravated it. The 22-year-old is third in Seattle's backfield pecking order behind Chris Carson and Mike Davis.

Oct 24 - 7:26 PM

21 hours ago, dashoe said:

Dude is not even close to being a rb2  

Here let me help you  I play H2H  scoring not season long so your ppg is meaningless.

So let's eliminate you false basis:

1. he has been the starting rb since week 1

2. and not sure on your math or scoring system but in ppr his ppg is 10 not 13

1. How was he the starter weeks 1/2 when he was outcarried 17-13 by Penny?

2. I clearly stated “SINCE HE BECAME THE STARTER.” Which is 100% relevant as it’s pretty clear to anyone following this that in week 3 he became the clear starter (over 20 carries per game).

Ignoring circumstances and saying “x player is on average this year rb3” is what leads you to the conclusion that Carson is garbage for fantasy right now.

19 hours ago, dashoe said:

Seriously, how are you giving people advice about this?

His touches have gone from 

10 —> 6 —> 34 —> 20 —> 14 (first game back from injury). 

From averaging 8 touches per game to 23 touches per game since something happened after week 2 (players? coaching realization? penny being awful?)

This has NOT been an awful situation since week 2. It’s pretty clear to literally everyone (fantasy community, Seahawks community, fantasy “experts”) that Carson is the clear RB1 for the Hawks right now. Hence why pretty much every site has him ranked around RB2 weekly and for the season going forward.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ruut6 said:

1. How was he the starter weeks 1/2 when he was outcarried 17-13 by Penny?

2. I clearly stated “SINCE HE BECAME THE STARTER.” Which is 100% relevant as it’s pretty clear to anyone following this that in week 3 he became the clear starter (over 20 carries per game).

Ignoring circumstances and saying “x player is on average this year rb3” is what leads you to the conclusion that Carson is garbage for fantasy right now.

Not sure where you get your information but Carson was named the starting rb coming out of training camp;  getting less touches has nothing to do with the fact that he was named the starting rb by the coaches and was #1 on the depth chart STARTING week 1

You can have your own opinion and perspective  but don't make up facts.

And you keep getting hung up over my view that a starting rb with rb3 production on average, 7 weeks into the season is fantasy GARBAGE in my view. 

1 hour ago, Ruut6 said:

Seriously, how are you giving people advice about this?

His touches have gone from 

10 —> 6 —> 34 —> 20 —> 14 (first game back from injury). 

From averaging 8 touches per game to 23 touches per game since something happened after week 2 (players? coaching realization? penny being awful?)

This has NOT been an awful situation since week 2. It’s pretty clear to literally everyone (fantasy community, Seahawks community, fantasy “experts”) that Carson is the clear RB1 for the Hawks right now. Hence why pretty much every site has him ranked around RB2 weekly and for the season going forward.

You need to get your facts correct if you are going to debate.

1. Carson has been the starting rb for SEA since week 1.

So stop with the semantics of trying to imply he wasnt the teams 'rb1' because he had a game where he had 1 touch less than Penny . By every metric he has been the lead rb on SEA since week 1.

2. Market share of the offense is measured as carries+targets NOT carries + catches that you are using in your previous post.

Mike Davis  4-1-25-14-9 = 53      31.5% share  
Penney   12-12-3-9-0-11 = 47      29% share    
Carson  12-7-34-20-14 =  87       54.7%  share 

3. So in my view he is in a terrible situation as starting fantasy rb because if  the premise is Pete Caroll wants a bellcow rb then bellcows don't get  less than 60% shares(pure bellcows get +80% shares) and carsons share is not increasing it has peaked and plateaued. Every indication is that he is in a true rbbc and thus his useage going forward is unpedictable when you have 2 other rb's getting touches in the backfield. This not a 2 man rbbc, this is currently a 3 man rbbc, which is winning them games.

4. Tell me what will his share be this weekend? Can you predict it with confidence? You can't becuase this backfield is unpredictable. Carson could have anywhere from 30- 80% share which makes him ureliable week to week and i'm not even going to factor in his 'injury' risk or the excuse that against  OAK the game script allowed the coaches to give him rest.

Actually it was more like the game allowed the coaches to get penny more touches because  they want penny more involved 2nd half of the season.

He is currently an rb3/flex with rb2 upside on this offense and every week will be a new twist and turn as it has been for the last 7

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dashoe said:

You need to get your facts correct if you are going to debate.

1. Carson has been the starting rb for SEA since week 1.

So stop with the semantics of trying to imply he wasnt the teams 'rb1' because he had a game where he had 1 touch less than Penny . By every metric he has been the lead rb on SEA since week 1.

Lmao yeah the starting running back for a team usually gets outtouched 17-13.

Let me correct you - by every metric he has been the lead rb on SEA since week THREE.

I'm feeling a mini-breakout for Penny this week.

He looked much better than Mike Davis last week, and should be pretty close to overtaking him as Seattle's number 2. Going forward, if Penny can seize 40 percent of the backfield touches he can put up RB3/Flex numbers consistently. He is perhaps the highest upside stash available in leagues of 12+ teams. 

Also think he is a good stash. Davis is a JAG.

Penny is a first round pick who due to injury got a late start on being part of the offense. 6 games and a bye week should get him ready. Lions are poor against the run even if Snacks plays his first game. Good time for a break out game. If he doesn't hit drop him. I put Freeman in it for Denver this week so penny in a free spot to gamble

On 10/24/2018 at 12:16 PM, dashoe said:

I churn my bench every week, i don't fall in love with players, if u are on the bench you are droppable, its a very simple strategy.  Churn and burn  on the waiver until u strike gold.

I play like this as well but definitely slowed my roll this season.  Churn and get burned is also a common thing.  That being said, I am a Carson owner but I feel in my gut Penny will take the job at some point, so I try to roster him as a flyer each week until it happens.  

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 12:07 PM, dashoe said:

Dropped Carson for Mostert?

lol.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ruut6 said:

Dropped Carson for Mostert?

lol.

Relax buddy:lol:

What part of I churn my bench and Mostert was my brieda handcuff that you didnt follow?

I understand you are excited that carson had a great game against the #30 ranked run defense but I expected him too as I would most NFL teams who run the ball to perform well against  the Lions, no different than running against the cards. 

So let me tell you other rb's I have churned including Carson who I flipped 3x to the waiver . . . prosise-yeldon-alfred morris-Alfred blue-rashaad penny-peyton barber-ronald jones-hines-mack-buck allen-corey grant. and the ones I picked up and kept have been brieda- tarik cohen chubb(traded him) richard after drafting mixon-lynch-mkinnon.d 

Yeah so I'm pretty ok with dropping carson for mostert because the bet is i prefer to own the eventual lead rb of brieda/mostert  explosive running behind the #4 ranked rush o-line  than the unpredictable seattle backfield come fantasy playoffs.  

Now I could be wrong about how the  process will end  but so far my process has worked for me.

You see you kind of missed the entire point I'm not anti- carson, seeing as I have owned all of the sea rb's at some point. I am against the volatility of the backfield due to the coaching desicions week to week

Edited by dashoe

12 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Relax buddy:lol:

What part of I churn my bench and Mostert was my brieda handcuff that you didnt follow?

I understand you are excited that carson had a great game against the #30 ranked run defense but I expected him too as I would most NFL teams who run the ball to perform well against  the Lions, no different than running against the cards. 

So let me tell you other rb's I have churned including Carson who I flipped 3x to the waiver . . . prosise-yeldon-alfred morris-Alfred blue-rashaad penny-peyton barber-ronald jones-hines-mack-buck allen-corey grant. and the ones I picked up and kept have been brieda- tarik cohen chubb(traded him) richard after drafting mixon-lynch-mkinnon.d 

Yeah so I'm pretty ok with dropping carson for mostert because the bet is i prefer to own the eventual lead rb of brieda/mostert  explosive running behind the #4 ranked rush o-line  than the unpredictable seattle backfield come fantasy playoffs.  

Now I could be wrong about how the  process will end  but so far my process has worked for me.

You see you kind of missed the entire point I'm not anti- carson, seeing as I have owned all of the sea rb's at some point. I am against the volatility of the backfield due to the coaching desicions week to week

Lol it’s ok to admit you’re wrong sometimes man.

There’s no “volatility” of this backfield. Since week 2, Carson has 95 touches (4 games) and over 15 FPPG.

You are anti-Carson and it burnt you.

• Like 4

On 10/24/2018 at 12:07 PM, dashoe said:

Edited Wednesday at 12:10 PM by dashoe

I'm just here to pile on - dropping carson was dumb lol

• Like 1