Rotoworld.com Forums

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, mlrush said:

haha when i read that post I thought ,,,,, naw,,, muscle hamster is no more.. still worth a pick up if you have the room. You never know

Wasn't comparing the two on potential....it's just nice to be able to pickup two starting NFL running backs for free week 7 of the season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-reportedly-trade-carlos-hyde-to-jaguars-to-fill-fournette-injury-void-nick-chubb-a-big-winner/

In Cleveland, things are pretty obvious. Nick Chubb is the man now. The second-round pick out of Georgia is an immense talent who has ripped off some huge runs this year. He's averaging an absurd 10.8 yards per carry (not a typo) so far this season and has been electric when given the ball.

Chubb is capable of carrying a full load and could become a monster as Cleveland's bellcow back. The Browns just made a smart financial move too: they won't have to deal with the aftermath of Hyde's contract. It would have only been a few million in dead money on the cap if he was cut next offseason, but they just saved cash, got to play their young back and got a pick in return for their trouble.

All around a smart move by both teams. 

If you're still reading this, STOP READING and go to your fantasy football league right now to pick up Chubb (Hyde should already be owned). He's a league winner who just fell in your lap. 

Was getting lunch when the news broke and in the payment line. As soon as it broke my body froze and I instantly went into my FFB app and added him. Ended up dropping Marlon Mack (sad) and I held that line up for so long. Lol 

1 minute ago, dsaints said:

Was getting lunch when the news broke and in the payment line. As soon as it broke my body froze and I instantly went into my FFB app and added him. Ended up dropping Marlon Mack (sad) and I held that line up for so long. Lol 

Lol i dropped Mack for Chubb too ? 

4 minutes ago, dsaints said:

Does no one have crappy boom bust WR to drop or extra Ds?  Dropping starting RBs is such a bad move, Chubb is a rookie, never had more than 5 carries in any games this year and has caught 0 passes.   He's gonna be on a huge upswing and needs to be snatched asap but I do not like lateral moves cause Mack can easily produce similar fantasy pts as Chubb, we really havn't seen much from him as a starter either.  Chubb is just new and shiny right now...

Were you babbling in tongues as soon as you got to the register? 

Haha I was doing the same thing and crossing my fingers no one beat me to it. I missed the Doug Martin news as someone had scooped him, but I would rather have Chubb to be honest.

Yeaaaaah gonna need Yahoo to go ahead and update their projections please.  I refuse to take Chubb out of my lineup, and I hate when I'm projected to lose, especially when I am so obviously going to crush.

5 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Does no one have crappy boom bust WR to drop or extra Ds?  Dropping starting RBs is such a bad move, Chubb is a rookie, never had more than 5 carries in any games this year and has caught 0 passes.   He's gonna be on a huge upswing and needs to be snatched asap but I do not like lateral moves cause Mack can easily produce similar fantasy pts as Chubb, we really havn't seen much from him as a starter either.  Chubb is just new and shiny right now...

I  spent a grand total of 2 seconds debating if I should drop Corey Davis for Chubb.....lol

Had this feeling that every league owner was just a click away from adding him to their squad. Fun times.

Cool Stories bros!

Here’s mine:

I’m a Hyde owner who added Chubb preemptively earlier this week in anticipation of a breakout regardless.

So first I had Chubb.

Now I have A chub.

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Does no one have crappy boom bust WR to drop or extra Ds?  Dropping starting RBs is such a bad move, Chubb is a rookie, never had more than 5 carries in any games this year and has caught 0 passes.   He's gonna be on a huge upswing and needs to be snatched asap but I do not like lateral moves.  

I dropped Ronald Jones for him, not a WR I know

Archived