Rotoworld.com Forums

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

6 minutes ago, dsaints said:

Was getting lunch when the news broke and in the payment line. As soon as it broke my body froze and I instantly went into my FFB app and added him. Ended up dropping Marlon Mack (sad) and I held that line up for so long. Lol 

LOL this is to funny! I have a similar story. I was in the middle of my boot camp workout on Monday night. My buddy and I were chatting about George Kittle during one of our breaks. I told him he was inactive. Buddy ran off to his car to grab his phone to bench him. Turned out he was active after all.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/3/2018 at 7:57 PM, TennisMenace said:

I admit, I’m very impatient when it comes to FF. I don’t like stashing a guy for 10 weeks while I wait for the starter to drop. 4 weeks is about right for me. 

On 10/3/2018 at 7:00 PM, brockpapersizer said:

Tired of waiting. Its 4 weeks in. Its probably coming down to luck. 

Couple weeks short. 

Just now, jtbgator said:

LOL this is to funny! I have a similar story. I was in the middle of my boot camp workout on Monday night. My buddy and I were chatting about George Kittle during one of our breaks. I told him he was inactive. Buddy ran off to his car to grab his phone to bench him. Turned out he was active after all.

Sabotaging other owners. I like you. 

6 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Does no one have crappy boom bust WR to drop or extra Ds?  Dropping starting RBs is such a bad move, Chubb is a rookie, never had more than 5 carries in any games this year and has caught 0 passes.   He's gonna be on a huge upswing and needs to be snatched asap but I do not like lateral moves cause Mack can easily produce similar fantasy pts as Chubb, we really havn't seen much from him as a starter either.  Chubb is just new and shiny right now...

I have a bad bye week next week so I had to drop him unfortunately. It's okay. My RBs are Hunt, Sony, Ingram, Kerryon, and now Chubb. 

Not to be Debbie Downer, but what am I missing in terms of league winner? Hopefully I'm wrong, but this new regime/QBs don't throw to RBs not named Duke J.

So, if we're in PPR, even if Chubb gets 20 carries and game and averages 4 YPC, he's going to be TD-dependent to score in double figures each week. We unfortunately saw Hyde's basement-level floor in games he can't score and get 15 carries for 40-50 yards.

4for4....

From the Browns point of view, this instantly thrusts Nick Chubb into Hyde's role (they have already announced him as the starter). So far this season, that has meant 114 carries, good for third in the NFL, behind only Ezekial Elliot and Todd Gurley. Unfortunately for Hyde owners, all that volume only led to him being the 17th highest scorer among running backs. Pro Football Focus' grade for Hyde backs this up, as he is 53rd among the 55 qualifying players at the position. Chubb doesn't have enough carries to qualify, but his current grade of 91.3 would be the best mark in the NFL if he did. The sample size is small, so take that with a grain of salt, but it does hint at his upside. The Browns face the sieve-like Buccaneers run defense this week, vaulting Chubb all the way into RB1 consideration. Should things go well on Sunday, he could maintain that status in our rest-of-season rankings

Just now, Guile said:

4for4....

From the Browns point of view, this instantly thrusts Nick Chubb into Hyde's role (they have already announced him as the starter). So far this season, that has meant 114 carries, good for third in the NFL, behind only Ezekial Elliot and Todd Gurley. Unfortunately for Hyde owners, all that volume only led to him being the 17th highest scorer among running backs. Pro Football Focus' grade for Hyde backs this up, as he is 53rd among the 55 qualifying players at the position. Chubb doesn't have enough carries to qualify, but his current grade of 91.3 would be the best mark in the NFL if he did. The sample size is small, so take that with a grain of salt, but it does hint at his upside. The Browns face the sieve-like Buccaneers run defense this week, vaulting Chubb all the way into RB1 consideration. Should things go well on Sunday, he could maintain that status in our rest-of-season rankings

Heh

7 minutes ago, Guile said:

How much faab is this guy worth? (100 budget)

100%. If you are lucky enough to even have him on your WW, this is the add of the year. This is what you saved your money for. This is it.

17 minutes ago, dsaints said:

Was getting lunch when the news broke and in the payment line. As soon as it broke my body froze and I instantly went into my FFB app and added him. Ended up dropping Marlon Mack (sad) and I held that line up for so long. Lol 

Same story here.  Just started my lunch break and was in line to order when I saw the news.  I totally froze up with excitement and had to tell the person at the counter to hold on a second while I added him

Archived