Rotoworld.com Forums

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Guile said:

4for4....

From the Browns point of view, this instantly thrusts Nick Chubb into Hyde's role (they have already announced him as the starter). So far this season, that has meant 114 carries, good for third in the NFL, behind only Ezekial Elliot and Todd Gurley. Unfortunately for Hyde owners, all that volume only led to him being the 17th highest scorer among running backs. Pro Football Focus' grade for Hyde backs this up, as he is 53rd among the 55 qualifying players at the position. Chubb doesn't have enough carries to qualify, but his current grade of 91.3 would be the best mark in the NFL if he did. The sample size is small, so take that with a grain of salt, but it does hint at his upside. The Browns face the sieve-like Buccaneers run defense this week, vaulting Chubb all the way into RB1 consideration. Should things go well on Sunday, he could maintain that status in our rest-of-season rankings

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

Can this guy catch the ball??

I know Duke is the third down back, but what about 1st and 2nd down screen passes? He can't have ZERO value in PPR right?

IN college the few times he got targets he didnt look bad, I dont recall him geting alot of targets though, just wasnt UGA's thing

3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Can this guy catch the ball??

I know Duke is the third down back, but what about 1st and 2nd down screen passes? He can't have ZERO value in PPR right?

Right...he doesn't have zero value in PPR because rushing yards and TDs still count in PPR

Just now, BRIGUY11 said:

I’m guessing 60/40 split with Duke, 

12-14 carries for Chubb and 5-8 for Johnson with most of the receptions.

Duke is not a slouch and will be more involved going forward. 

Not really following why Duke's role changes at all? If he was deserving of more touches, why wouldn't they have just throttled back Hyde's work?

22 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

I'll just leave this right here.

7 at TB(31st against pass)

8 at PIT(28th against pass)

9 vs KC(32nd against pass)

10 vs ATL(30th against pass)

They all have high scoring offense and can't stop anybody in the passing game.  Unless Chub is gonna be used catching the ball I don't see it as a great schedule.

24 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Lots of fantasy teams are going to be renamed "I've got a Chubb" or something similar following this news.  :lol:

I need a new team name! I have both Chubbs. Bradley and Nick.

2 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Is White more valuable than Michel in PPR?

Not sure what pats backfield has to do with browns backfield.

Is Baker Mayfield more valuable than Tom Brady? :lol:

1 minute ago, jtbgator said:

I need a new team name! I have both Chubbs. Bradley and Nick.

Chubb For Days. 

Come Get Some Of My Chubb. 

Major Chubb. 

Morning Chubb. 

The possibilities are endless really. 

Just now, dashoe said:

The point was that it will probably be a similar split in touches.....

It depends on what type of player you prefer.....the added receptions or the TD upside.

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Both teams have RBs who's roles are specialized (primary rusher, vs primary receiving back)...

If someone is trying to determine how both players can have value, they could look at other backfields that might have players with similar splits and/or roles.

Archived