vikingapocalypse

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

3 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

Dubble-Chubble. 80's kids will understand.

Dammit!  You beat me to it, lol.  Nice work.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

For what it's worth, Fantasy Pros now has Chubb as the 14th RB for rest of season rankings in standard leagues.

Worth it for me, as I am in a Standard league :D

1 minute ago, Broncos132 said:

Not a league winner but locked in RB2 every week. Dont forget about Duke Johnson, just saying.

I missed picking up Chubb by 2 minutes but even I won’t act like he is not a league winner.  This is the pick up of the season.  This guy will be a RB1 ROS.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

The answer is obvious: Dubb-Chubb.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Just now, dlionsfan901 said:

I missed picking up Chubb by 2 minutes but even I won’t act like he is not a league winner.  This is the pick up of the season.  This guy will be a RB1 ROS.  

I mean I hope so lol I picked him up once the news broke. I'm just tempering expectations a bit, I feel like Duke will be involved more than people think.

20 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Is White more valuable than Michel in PPR?

Is this a rhetorical question? Just trying to understand. In PPR, White is averaging more ppg.

Edited by Mikeyvegas

1 minute ago, Mikeyvegas said:

Is this a rhetorical question? Just trying to understand.

According to ROS rankings, they are basically even in PPR according to FantasyPros.

I think it depends on what type of player you prefer....that is all.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Not really following why Duke's role changes at all? If he was deserving of more touches, why wouldn't they have just throttled back Hyde's work?

Optimistic Duke owners reaching.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

According to ROS rankings, they are basically even in PPR according to FantasyPros.

I think it depends on what type of player you prefer....that is all.

Well if it makes me feel better for missing Chubbs, I like White better than Michel. So maybe I shouldn't feel so bad with getting the Duke. Brady and White already have that trust, and JW is a team captain.

Edited by Mikeyvegas

2 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

Optimistic Duke owners reaching.

I picked up both. I really don’t know if I even want to keep Duke though. I guess I’ll wait. 

Edited by FitzMagic

https://waitingfornextyear.com/2018/06/nick-chubb-weaknesses-film-room/

Chubb is really raw in the passing game. He was not asked to be a receiver very often and so he lacks the refinement in his route running and nuances as a receiver. He also is not a great blocker, even though he is able to be blocked lineman with size and physicality. Technique and blocking assignments are a work in progress for Chubb as a blocker. Here are some examples of these weak spots.

Wow, talk about a vote of confidence from your (CLE) coaching staff. Basically handing the keys to Chubb.

Carlos Hyde trade implications ROS ... Nick Chubb could be a league winner. Reports suggest no setbacks for Leonard Fournette, this was simply an insurance move by the Jags. Fournette likely to return in Week 10 as the lead back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

Maybe in non-PPR. But in 1/2 or PPR. RB2 is his ceiling with Duke garnering lots of work in passing game. 

yea I'm thinking standard. Duke should be that 3rd down back and bad gamescript back

6 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

Well if it makes me feel better for missing Chubbs, I like White better than Michel. So maybe I shouldn't feel so bad with getting the Duke. Brady and White already have that trust, and JW is a team captain.

Duke Johnson is not James White. He will be useful though.

2 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

I think he’s about as talented as James White.  He’s just not in as good an offense.

3 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

I hoping for a shootout this weekend against TB and Duke gets lots of receptions.  (Almost typed receptionists there. Chill, autocorrect!)

Edited by Mikeyvegas

Preety simple here. Take Hydes game script and change name to Chubb.. If they were going to give Duke different roles they would have already. Now we just sit back and see what Chubb does with these opportunities. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

I hoping for a shootout this weekend against TB and Duke gets lots of receptions.  (Almost typed receptionist there. Chill, autocorrect!)

Although it could vary well get to this point... Any offense playing TB is going to try and keep the TB offense off the field.. Cleveland is already a run first offense, if the run works early, expect alot of them.

6 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I think he’s about as talented as James White.  He’s just not in as good an offense.

I just put this in the Duke thread FYI:

"If you're a defensive coordinator and if there's one guy to stop and you just stop that one guy, your chances go up of winning the game, so why not try to stop that one guy and just see who else can beat you?'' Landry said. ).  

Duke is being underutilized (not only as a receiver) but just as a receiving RB he should thrive against the Bucs who are giving up a ton of yards to receiving backs.  From ROTO:

With 41.7 receiving yards per game the past three outings, Johnson is finally earning some steady inclusion in the passing phase again. The Buccaneers, meanwhile, have allowed 66.6 receiving yards per game to tailbacks, third most in the NFL. There is still a good bit of risk given Johnson's lack of reliable usage this season, but the matchup and recent trends align for a sneaky flex play in deeper leagues.

-----------------------------------------------------

Duke started out with a bad game and that was clearly an anomaly if you look at what he's done every game since the first game but the poor catch rates for Callaway and Landry have been  their all year. 

Antonio Callaway

• 37.5% Catch rate (over past 5 games 38.46 %)

Jarvis Landry

• 46.3% Catch rate (over past 5 games (over past 5 games 46.15 %)

Duke Johnson

• 63.3% Catch rate (over the past 5 games 81.3%)

Duke should be used more in the passing game.

• Like 1

Super stoked... Chubb is a beast. Im sure playing football all his life he will be able to run routes, catch the ball and block... Fire him up and watch him rip arms off on his way to the goalline...

I was out bid on Tues night for Ito and my next claim was Chubb for 1$. got him cheap

43 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Not really following why Duke's role changes at all? If he was deserving of more touches, why wouldn't they have just throttled back Hyde's work?

I guess you can make the same argument for Chubb when hyde was still with Cle 

Edited by BRIGUY11

Just awesome getting this guy for free.....

If Chubb was the clear cut starter entering the year, where do you think he would have went in 10 team standard redraft leagues?