Rotoworld.com Forums

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

18 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

For those who either dropped Chubb or missed out on him today

giphy.gif

Play in a league full of uga grads. Chubb and Michel were drafted and neither made it past round 8. They've been happy this year lol

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This trading of Hyde to clear up carries, reminds me a little of what happened last year with the Saints, when they traded Adrian Peterson to give more touches to both Ingram and Kamara.  I pounced on Kamara when the news came out, cause he produced a lot with few touches and his opportunity was going to grow.  

29 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Revised RW rankings with today's Chubby news.

ank Player Name Opponent Notes
1 Todd Gurley at SF -
2 Saquon Barkley at ATL -
3 Melvin Gordon vs. TEN -
4 Ezekiel Elliott at WAS -
5 Kareem Hunt vs. CIN -
6 Joe Mixon at KC -
7 David Johnson vs. DEN -
8 Alvin Kamara at BAL -
9 Christian McCaffrey at PHI -
10 Sony Michel at CHI Questionable (knee)
11 Nick Chubb at TB -
12 Latavius Murray at NYJ -
13 James White at CHI -
14 Kerryon Johnson at MIA -
15 T.J. Yeldon vs. HOU -
16 LeSean McCoy at IND -
17 Mark Ingram at BAL -
18 Adrian Peterson vs. DAL Questionable (ankle)
19 Phillip Lindsay at ARZ -
20 Corey Clement vs. CAR -

I'm guessing standard? I'm worried the game is a shootout and thats a johnson game

1 minute ago, spidybl said:

I'm guessing standard? I'm worried the game is a shootout and thats a johnson game

Yeah? Oak game was a shootout and chubb broke free for 103 yds and 2 scores

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Couple weeks short. 

Lol. You got me in that one.......

but.......

after i I cut him, I picked him back up this Tuesday night. I finally had enough of Dion Lewis and Royce Freeman so I figured Stashing Chubb instead of those two may serve me better down the road. 

1 minute ago, cs3 said:
20 minutes ago, psygolf said:

so close to just dropping DJ in a 10 team league.

That would be beyond stupid

Aaaaaand that's why they have can't cut lists (aka training wheels) b/c it can completely screw up league balance when the team w/ wire priority 1 gets a top 20 player.

4 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

I hesitate to anoint any back that isn’t a three down back a league winner. Then again I guess Jordan Howard did it.

Please don't compare Jordan Howard and Chubb.

4 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Aaaaaand that's why they have can't cut lists (aka training wheels) b/c it can completely screw up league balance when the team w/ wire priority 1 gets a top 20 player.

lol, training wheels...He's not even a top flex play for me anymore.

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

To let him be another's bad start...hardly

If that is your intention then why not trade him? I guarantee someone would give up something better than what is on waivers. You even get to pick the team you want to "sabotage" by giving them a top 12 RB. 

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

lol, training wheels...He's not even a top flex play for me anymore.

Even if not one of your top 2 RB's or a flex play, DJ still has more than enough talent to be kept on a roster at the very least as a player with RB1 upside if used properly, thus dropping him really would be dumb.  Just trade him if you don't want him, don't shoot your self in the foot unnecessarily.  

10 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

I hesitate to anoint any back that isn’t a three down back a league winner. Then again I guess Jordan Howard did it.

The guy he is replacing was doing pretty well without being a 3 down back/catching a ton of passes. 

Just now, Jaw1 said:

If that is your intention then why not trade him? I guarantee someone would give up something better than what is on waivers. You even get to pick the team you want to "sabotage" by giving them a top 12 RB. 

I wouldn't be able to trade him for anything more than another player to leave on my bench.

I'm willing to say that Chubb could easily outscore DJ the rest of the year...and it's not DJ's fault.

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

This is why I dont play 10 team leagues lol

This is the 1st year in several years that I've played in a league smaller than 14 teams...it is no less challenging.

Archived