Rotoworld.com Forums

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Glad you made up for what could have been the biggest regret.  Many weren't as lucky I'd imagine.

When I cut him, I was not happy....but my RBs are so dismal  I had to find someone I could use. 

But it then I came to the realization why do I need Royce and Dion?  They are sitting on my bench taking up space and I probably will never use them, so,I decided on picking up Chubb in hopes something will happen to propel him. I didn’t think trade....I was thinking more like injury.  

Coach has has been saying “we need to get Chubb more carries.....”.  I guess he wasn’t lying. 

21 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I was very lucky.

Just checked in here at RW around 330.  Saw Hyde, Chubb, and Duke threads trending and figured something was upped. Checked and saw someone posted the trade info.  Snatched Chubb up 10 minutes before someone grabbed Duke in my standard league (who knows how close anyone else was to getting him).

So, I'd like to thank RW for getting me a (hopefully) consistent rb2 to add to my wildly inconsistent collection of Howard, Ingram, Peterson, and Mack.

Chubb starts immediately, sending JH to the bench.

I have this forum on auto-refresh.

8:00 (minutes) BTW seems about right

13 minutes ago, MStreets said:

I dropped Dion Lewis for Chubb faster than you can say potatoes.

Who's starting him this week? 

Me. I’ve honestly just felt since preseason this was the dude on some gut feeling stuff and now it’s time. I’m flexing him but I’m gonna ride or die w a gut feeling. I think he’s the truth

What is his ceiling? Top 15-20 certainly is in the range of outcomes. After all, that is what Hyde was doing (even with Taylor at QB for a while) and Chubb, in theory, should be an upgrade. But how high can Chubb get this year? Top 10? Borderline top 5?

9 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

What is his ceiling? Top 15-20 certainly is in the range of outcomes. After all, that is what Hyde was doing (even with Taylor at QB for a while) and Chubb, in theory, should be an upgrade. But how high can Chubb get this year? Top 10? Borderline top 5?

No real usage. Sky high ceiling until proven otherwise. Sunday will be exciting this week

2 hours ago, Steelers72 said:

Between him, josh gordon, and michel, nearly all of my sleepers/deep round picks are paying off. Going to be a fun ride with Chubb

has Gordon really payed off? Still all potential with no production

Im a numbers guy , here are his stats for the year

16  carry 173 yd 2 TD..10.8 yd avg

I hope they give him 20 carries cause that will look more like 20 carry 216 yd 3 TD..

Ok wishful thinking I know but really  I can see Chubb going 18 / 80 / 1 TD easy this week. Probably get most his carries in the first half before TB starts running away with the game. Once that happens we will get a few more carries in the red zone, hopefully amounting to a TD

1 minute ago, SpartanEric said:

I'd lean Chubb.  Kerryon is still being vultured by Blount.  

It blows my mind that the lions can't just start giving kerryon a top 5 number of touches. Let's give the Browns a big round of applause for not only doing right by their franchise, but for all of us Chubb lovers out there.

9 minutes ago, mlrush said:

Im a numbers guy , here are his stats for the year

16  carry 173 yd 2 TD..10.8 yd avg

I hope they give him 20 carries cause that will look more like 20 carry 216 yd 3 TD..

Ok wishful thinking I know but really  I can see Chubb going 18 / 80 / 1 TD easy this week. Probably get most his carries in the first half before TB starts running away with the game. Once that happens we will get a few more carries in the red zone, hopefully amounting to a TD

He hasnt topped 3 carries in a game so thats a very small sample size. And i think most of those yards came on one run

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

He hasnt topped 3 carries in a game so thats a very small sample size. And i think most of those yards came on one run

Right... I know... a bit of sarcasm on my part... hence the "ok wishful thinking part"

26 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Only 15 carries? Have some faith dude.

They end up pulling him mid way through the 1st quarter to keep him fresh for week 8 because he's already carried the Browns to a 70 - 0 lead.

As a Browns fan, I would advise pumping the breaks a bit fellas. For one, Duke Johnson was already at a near 50% snap share before the trade, and he is a great playmaker in his own right, in fact the Browns best skill player the last few years. He will still have a lot of the coaches' trust and I expect Chubb to be eased into a lead role. The good news is that Baker will continue to get better moving the offense downfield and the Browns have a great fantasy schedule. 

Just don't expect the coaching staff to always be rational.

Archived